News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

Scale be darned, that's a real beauty. Gonna have to wait to see how it compares to HAOLONGGOOD's if the rumors are true

bmathison1972

any animal with lips is capable of revealing its teeth...

anyway, if Haalonggood also produces Alamosaurus, I guess for me it will come down to cost (unless one is substantially better than the other).

Sim

It's an impressive model, but it's not for me.  I'm not interested in giant, fragmentary titanosaurians and I don't have spce for them.  Also, I tend to not like sauropods with beaks.  The only one I think I can tolerate is Nigersaurus.

The teeth of this new Alamosaurus look like they are the lower jaw's and that they would be covered by the upper jaw when the mouth is closed.  So I don't think the teeth would be exposed when the mouth is closed.

bmathison1972

Is the mouth closed? Or partially open? I interpreted the latter

EDIT: looking at it again, it can go either way. But I am not going to lose sleep over such a minor feature in a small (relatively speaking) piece of plastic that represents an animal >30 meters in length  8)  C:-)

Flaffy

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 05, 2023, 01:56:48 PMany animal with lips is capable of revealing its teeth...

Yet PNSO depicts their sauropods with immobile/inflexible keratinised pseudo-beaks. There is no mechanism to allow for such a degree of teeth exposure in pseudo-beaked sauropods when their mouths are closed.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Samrukia on November 05, 2023, 12:20:28 PMsuch a beauty,

now i hope Haolonggood's upcoming model is not Alamosaurus

Same. Soo hyped to get this beauty!  :o

Faelrin

avatar_Sim @Sim I agree with you. Compared to the former Lingwulong and Amargasaurus for example, the mouth is much better.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Quiversaurus

That is one of the most beautiful sauropod figures I've seen so far. Really liking the patterning and colour! I echo comments about it being a companion to HLG's rumoured/teased Alamosaurus. What a treat for sauropod lovers to be able to build a family of these guys across the offerings from two companies.

Flaffy

Quote from: Carnoking on November 05, 2023, 01:52:35 PMScale be darned, that's a real beauty. Gonna have to wait to see how it compares to HAOLONGGOOD's if the rumors are true
Quote from: Samrukia on November 05, 2023, 12:20:28 PMnow i hope Haolonggood's upcoming model is not Alamosaurus

Haolonggood's got some tough competition for sure. Would be helpful if the HLG titanosaur was Argentinosaurus instead.

thomasw100

Quote from: Flaffy on November 05, 2023, 03:38:18 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on November 05, 2023, 01:52:35 PMScale be darned, that's a real beauty. Gonna have to wait to see how it compares to HAOLONGGOOD's if the rumors are true
Quote from: Samrukia on November 05, 2023, 12:20:28 PMnow i hope Haolonggood's upcoming model is not Alamosaurus

Haolonggood's got some tough competition for sure. Would be helpful if the HLG titanosaur was Argentinosaurus instead.

I would not mind if Haolonggood would now come up with an Alamosaurus in true 1:35 scale. So far I do not have a decent Alamosaurus model and I would like my models to be at least reasonably at the same scale. So of course there is some room for variation, but this PNSO Alamosaurus is clearly way too small for 1:35. Going with the estimate of 26 m from the Eofauna book this would be about 1:55.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm still good if HLG is an Alamosaurus, it's bound to be bigger than PNSO at any rate?

Flaffy

Quote from: thomasw100 on November 05, 2023, 03:52:04 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on November 05, 2023, 03:38:18 PM

I would not mind if Haolonggood would now come up with an Alamosaurus in true 1:35 scale. So far I do not have a decent Alamosaurus model and I would like my models to be at least reasonably at the same scale. So of course there is some room for variation, but this PNSO Alamosaurus is clearly way too small for 1:35. Going with the estimate of 26 m from the Eofauna book this would be about 1:55.

Depends on which specimen you're using. While PNSO's clearly not a record breaking individual, specimens like USNM 15560 point to a more conservative size range for the species. PNSO's model fits comfortably inbetween the gigantic BIBE and considerably smaller USNM.

Tracewyrm!

This figure seems to, overall, be around the same size as CollectA's recent Ruyangosaurus. Wonder if they would pair well together, having matching osteoderms and all :D .  I am usually a little more peculiar on the scale of figures I pick up but seeing how Samuel can have company alongside the Collecta "1:100" figures, I'm starting to warm up to the concept of a slightly off scale sauropod parade.

Not to say I wouldn't like a true 1:35 Alamosaurus from HLG, but I'm also not holding my breath. Way I see it, these two would serve different 'roles' on the shelf, in a sense. It's just a matter of price for this figure, really.
* (It's locked.)

bmathison1972

I'm really getting into big figures of big sauropod species....and my IKEA Billy cabinets are not happy about it...

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Renecito on November 05, 2023, 12:03:02 PMSamuel the Alamosaurus

Well well well... That's a gorgeous looking Alamosaurus. And PNSO answered Haolonggood with this ~1:45 scale figure. Oh my wallet, loved the paint scheme!
I hope it will be included along with Zuul and Y. Magnus on their 11:11 sale 🥹

Fembrogon

I love it. I dread the price, though, even as a "smaller" Prehistoric-line entry.
I really hope this sells like gangbusters, however!

Jose S.M.

That's a beautiful figure! I think I'm going to start a special savings fund to get it for 2024 Christmas, with luck haha.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Fembrogon on November 05, 2023, 05:48:18 PMI love it. I dread the price, though, even as a "smaller" Prehistoric-line entry.
I really hope this sells like gangbusters, however!
Hopefully it'll be the same price as lingwulong, seeing as they both are around the same size.

SidB

Sure looks like Zuul was not an exception and that PNSO  has broken out of its theropod bottleneck. Hopefully more non-theropods will follow. So many possibilities.

Eatmycar

Now that's a beauty!

I normally don't care for sauropods, frankly, but Alamosaurus is such a remarkable animal with the osteoderms. And that color palette! I'm sincerely impressed by this release.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: