News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Another great figure but I'm getting bored of this now. I was never big on carcharodontosaurs anyway. I will say that of the 3, this Mapusaurus might be my favorite. And if I were to get one of them, that would probably be the one. But I already have the Carcharodontosaurus so I'm largely indifferent about all of these. I'm sure glad I'm not a completionist!

JimoAi

yawn....

still a good figure

Quiversaurus

Wow another carcharodontosaurid - fans of this family must be so happy.

I must say though that I was looking forward to another non-theropod, though the pose and patterning on Mila looks visually interesting and distinct from her current cousins.

Ohwells, let's see what they have in store next!

Eatmycar

I'm curious to see it in person. It's... gray? I mean yay for it not being an earth tone I guess. Like the patterning and the stepping honestly - it looks intentional with how it walks, it doesn't look like a plodding monster.

SenSx

Well I expected that, they are on a Carcharodontosaurid roll.
The question is , did it stop with this one ?

bmathison1972

Nothing for me yet this year from PNSO; all nice, but nothing for me to get excited about

KrazyKaprosuchus

I like the figure a lot, and in fact will probably get it. But... Can we get something that's not a theropod? Or at least not a Carcharodontosaurid?

Medzo

Lol and I'm still waiting for Lucas to hold him in hand.

Stegotyranno420

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 24, 2023, 08:42:42 PMI love it.
Agreed... everyone is entitled to there opinion but I am supposed how many people are upset, my reaction when saw it was "ANOTHER ONE?!" which can bee seen as complaining but after I looked at it I was like this is actually really cool, that were getting such amazing detailed sculpts of such similar species, as I've said, the small differences make me appreciate the individuals even more then I would normally. I personally can't wait to see this family of pnso's all together

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: imnewhere on March 24, 2023, 09:47:48 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 24, 2023, 08:42:42 PMI love it.
Agreed... everyone is entitled to there opinion but I am supposed how many people are upset, my reaction when saw it was "ANOTHER ONE?!" which can bee seen as complaining but after I looked at it I was like this is actually really cool, that were getting such amazing detailed sculpts of such similar species, as I've said, the small differences make me appreciate the individuals even more then I would normally. I personally can't wait to see this family of pnso's all together

It is a well made figure, and that is what pleased me. I too would had preffered something different, like diplodocus or barosaurus. But think about it, if they release all their allosauroids early then nobody will complain when they do in the middle of the year  ;D

ceratopsian

I'm not upset. It's a good model. But I'm not inspired to buy it. Space is limited and it doesn't fit my collecting interests sufficiently.

I wonder if producing three consecutive similar genera rather than opting for a more varied release schedule might reduce sales in the short term. But maybe not in the long term, as people might re-examine them in a few months and succumb to another then rather than on release.

Sim

I find it hilarious that PNSO has got a Mapusaurus coming next.  I really wasn't expecting them to make another carcharodontosaurid after the last two.  I'm not getting the Meraxes, but I intend to get the new Giganotosaurus and this Mapusaurus, although I would have preferred PNSO only made one as I don't want to fill my collection space with large figures that are nearly identical.  Still, this Mapusaurus looks to be the most interesting one of the three carcharodontosaurids.

I will be surprised if PNSO releases another allosauroid next, they don't have many left to do which have good remains.  The only ones left are Asfaltovenator (no-one has made this species), Allosaurus fragilis and Sinraptor dongi (I doubt PNSO would make these as they've made other species of those genera), Concavenator (it could be interesting to have a feathered version that isn't a mini) and Neovenator (I'm happy with the Favorite version and don't want another).  I hope PNSO will make species from other groups next.

Faelrin

I mean at least for those folks that like to collect figures based on formation, just like the former Meraxes, Mapsusaurus was also from the Huincul Formation. Now I just hope they do Skorpiovenator. In fact they currently lack any abelisaurids except for a rather dated Carnotaurus (and a mini Abelisaurus, Indosuchus, and Majungasaurus). It's pretty much the only other animal from that formation with remains that aren't super fragmentary.

Aside from Concavenator (maybe Tyrannotitan too, but still kind of fragmentary) I think this was the last from the Carcharodontosauridae that was worth doing. The rest are way too fragmentary/scrappy, and I'm not sure if there will be much interest in those to begin with. At least not like I've seen anyone clamoring for them anyways.

In any case I am looking forward to seeing group shots of all their carcharodontosaurids. Least now people have quite a good number of choices to pick from. I mean it is their second most represented group within Theropoda, aside from Tyrannosauroidea (if including minis, otherwise it is tied).
Spoiler
Tyrannosauroidea (7 genera):
Alioramus (mini)
Proceratosaurus (mini)
Qianzhousaurus (also has mini)
Tarbosaurus
Tyrannosaurus (also has mini)
Yutyrannus
Zhuchengtyrannus

Carcharodontosauridae (6 genera):
Acrocanthosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus
Concavenator (mini)
Giganotosaurus
Mapusaurus
Meraxes

Spinosauridae (4 genera):
Baryonyx (mini)
"Sinopliosaurus"
Spinosaurus (also has mini)
Suchomimus

Abelisauridae (4 genera):
Abelisaurus (mini)
Carnotaurus
Indosuchus (mini)
Majungasaurus (mini)

Everything else:
Allosaurus (Allosauridae; also has mini)
Ceratosaurus (Ceratosauridae; very large)
Cryolophosaurus (Tetanurae; mini)
Deinocheirus (Ornithomimosauria)
Gigantoraptor (Caenagnathidae; mini)
Mei (Troodontidae; mini)
Microraptor (Dromaeosauridae; also has mini)
Sinosauropteryx (Compsognathidae?; mini)
Sinraptor (Metriacanthosauridae)
Therizinosaurus (Therizinosauridae)
Torvosaurus (Megalosauridae)
Yangchuanosaurus (Metriacanthosauridae; also has mini)
Yi (Scansoriopterygidae; mini)
[close]
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

Please no Diplodocus or Tyrannotitan.  Diplodocus has a number of good figures while Apatosaurus really needs a good figure.  Tyrannotitan doesn't have a known appearance making it redundant as a figure since there's a number of good figures of members of its family already.

Quote from: suspsy on March 24, 2023, 01:37:02 PMThere's nothing at all bad about Mila, yet I am nevertheless disappointed at how she's the third big carcharodontosaurid in a row. I'd feel the same way if PNSO had done Diplodocus, Galeamopus, and Kaatedocus or Anchiceratops, Arrhinoceratops, and Coahuilaceratops all in a row. Hopefully the fourth 2023 release will be something different.
I have no interest in Coahuilaceratops as its head is missing important parts concerning the appearance, but Anchiceratops and Arrhinoceratops would be very exciting if they were made!

Duke Dino

New collector here. So many quality theropods...  One of the reasons I chose to collect just swimming and flying dinos. Much more manageable than the dizzying array of land ones. What do you think the ratio is? 1 theropod model for every other kind of dino model? Seems like it sometimes.

I love PNSO, but also scratch the head at three related in a row. Must be the best money maker for them, even to the point of near repetition. Make your budget early in the year, when everyone is eager to buy, and then release potentially less better sellers later?

Still plenty of buzz that a plesiosaur is in the offing...

SRF

The Mapusaurus is apparently 36 cm in length and 10.7 cm high. So it's slightly bigger than PNSO's Giganotosaurus. Since it is in the Prehistoric Animal models line (no. 68) it will probably be significantly cheaper as well.
But today, I'm just being father

Faras

Domestic release on 27th, price is same as Tarbosaurus etc.

https://new.m.taobao.com/detail.htm?id=707994581613

Spoiler

[close]

Antey

I've wanted a Mapusaurus for a long time, but I didn't even have time to order a Giganotosaurus! Mapusaurus looks great, but I don't have that kind of budget, I'll have to wait a long time. Because apart from dinosaurs, I collect sports car models. All these hobbies are very expensive, especially lately.
Looking ahead, it's time to really slow down with the theropods. Although the 1/35 scale PNSO has almost no abelisaurids. This is a serious omission.

Paleo Flo

The Mapu is for me the best of the 2023 wave of Carcharodontosaurids. But I personally think, that's a little variation of the same mould. The colorscheme of the poster looks better, than the actuall paintjob. But I'm fine with it, if it is loved by others. I stay with my CollectA Deluxe one.
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: