You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Which 1:35 Beasts of the Mesozoic figures would we like?

Started by Sim, February 11, 2023, 12:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which 1:35 scale Beasts of the Mesozoic figures would you like?

Acrocanthosaurus
12 (48%)
Allosaurus
13 (52%)
Amargasaurus
14 (56%)
Anchiceratops
10 (40%)
Ankylosaurus
12 (48%)
Baryonyx
9 (36%)
Bistahieversor
5 (20%)
Carnotaurus
12 (48%)
Centrosaurus apertus
7 (28%)
Centrosaurus brinkmani (Coronosaurus)
5 (20%)
Ceratosaurus
11 (44%)
Chasmosaurus belli
9 (36%)
Corythosaurus
13 (52%)
Cryolophosaurus
7 (28%)
Daspletosaurus horneri
9 (36%)
Deinocheirus
9 (36%)
Deinonychus
7 (28%)
Dilophosaurus (Beasts of the Mesozoic version)
9 (36%)
Edmontonia
12 (48%)
Gorgosaurus
9 (36%)
Herrerasaurus
11 (44%)
Iguanodon
10 (40%)
Kentrosaurus
9 (36%)
Lambeosaurus
11 (44%)
Ouranosaurus
14 (56%)
Parasaurolophus
13 (52%)
Sauropelta
6 (24%)
Stegosaurus
13 (52%)
Styracosaurus
9 (36%)
Suchomimus
9 (36%)
Tarbosaurus
8 (32%)
Tenontosaurus
8 (32%)
Therizinosaurus
12 (48%)
Utahraptor
12 (48%)
Yutyrannus
10 (40%)
Deinosuchus
8 (32%)
Mosasaurus
5 (20%)
Shonisaurus
7 (28%)
Spinosaurus
5 (20%)
Pliosaurus
4 (16%)
Adasaurus
2 (8%)
Tyrannosaurus (juvenile)
1 (4%)
Dryptosaurus
1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Sim

I've recently come to the realisation that most BotM figures are too big for me.  Smaller species in 1:18 scale are great and I'd like more of them.  However for larger species 1:35 scale would be what interests me as I simply don't have room for 1:18 giants.

David Silva has expressed wanting to make more 1:35 scale prehistoric action figures and if I'm remembering right he's not sure which to make yet.  So, I thought it would be good to make a poll for this so we and David can see what is most wanted in 1:35 scale.

Before I make the poll I'll leave this thread open for one week so that members can say what species they'd like in the poll.

Below is what I'd like as a BotM 1:35 figure:

Anchiceratops
Bistahieversor
Centrosaurus apertus
Centrosaurus brinkmani
Ceratosaurus
Chasmosaurus belli
Cryolophosaurus
Daspletosaurus horneri
Dilophosaurus
Edmontonia
Gorgosaurus
Herrerasaurus
Kentrosaurus
Parasaurolophus

Faelrin

Would be nice to give my 1:35 T. rex some company (edit: other then the sub-adult Triceratops I forgot I had, since it is in storage). Ideally all, but like I know that's not feasible for everything. Still if he were to make more 1:35 options, it would make the brand more accessible for many folks that either can't afford, or don't have the space for the more expensive larger ones. So going off of the list of things already planned for Cyberzoic/BotM (or were already made in previous BotM series) in 1:18 scale, these are things I'd like to see in this scale as well:

Acrocanthosaurus
Allosaurus
Carnotaurus
Ceratosaurus
Deinonychus (if feasible, otherwise can make do with my Rebor ones)
Gorgosaurus
Sauropelta
Stegosaurus
Styracosaurus
Tarbosaurus (only if more Nemegt fauna get made later on, such as Deinocheirus and Therizinosaurus)
Utahraptor
Yutyrannus

Not announced yet, but if he has any interest doing these down the road (not strictly for 1:35 only of course):
Amargasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Baryonyx
Corythosaurus
Deinocheirus
Lambeosaurus
Iguanodon
Ouranosaurus
Parasaurolophus
Suchomimus
Tenontosaurus
Therizinosaurus

Would be a good scale for some of the larger sauropods too. Like Apatosaurus, Diplodocus, etc. Anyways I tried to roll with those from my favorite Mesozoic formations, and a few other favorite dinosaurs.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Paleo Flo

Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

JimoAi

Sim

I didn't think of it but I'd like Deinonychus in 1:35 scale too.  It would be Safari toob figure sized in that scale I think.  I'm planning to get the 1:18 BotM Deinonychus in any case but I would like to have it in both 1:18 and 1:35 scale.

Sim

BlueKrono

Maybe we could limit it to 10 choices rather than 35? I only needed 5.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Sim

I don't think there's a benefit to limiting the number of votes.  The poll shows what people would like, limiting the number of choices can force people to not vote for all that they want.  In any case it's not possible to change the number of votes a person can have, I've tried it on another poll and it doesn't work.

Personally, I voted for 18 species.  All of the ones in my initial post, plus Deinonychus, Utahraptor, Suchomimus and Baryonyx.
Deinonychus and Utahraptor I plan to get the 1:18 versions of, but I'd also like 1:35 versions of them which will scale well with my other 1:35 scale figures.  In particular it would be very nice to have 1:35 Deinonychus to scale with my 1:35 PNSO Acrocanthosaurus.
Baryonyx and Suchomimus I just couldn't resist.  I'm eager to see how BotM versions of them would look!

Pliosaurking

Any non dinosaurs? If so I'd like to see a Pliosaurus and a  Purrusaurus, or really any species from their respective families. The other species suggested are also appealing.

Sim

avatar_Pliosaurking @Pliosaurking, I think it's best to keep this poll for Mesozoic species only.  If someone wants to, they can make a thread for Cenozoic species.  I can add Pliosaurus to the poll, as well as relatives of it and Mesozoic relatives of Purussaurus.  Which ones would you like me to add to the poll, besides Pliosaurus?

Pliosaurking

Ah very well. Well in that case can you please add Pliosaurus, shonisaurus,
Mosasaurus, and Deinosuchus. As for actual dinosaurs could you add Spinosaurus? Thank you

Sim

avatar_Pliosaurking @Pliosaurking, I've added all of them to the poll! :)

I'm surprised by how well Parasaurolophus is doing.  Maybe I'm not alone in feeling dissatisfied with all the existing versions of it?  Or maybe it's just very popular?  I'm pleased with how well Herrerasaurus is doing too.

Concavenator

Allosaurus is my undisputed no. 1 choice, naturally.  ;) I'd rather take A. jimmadseni but A. fragilis would be great too. In any case, I also think Allosaurus is most likely the genus we are going to get next at this scale too, along with Stegosaurus (as the only 1:35 BotM releases we currently have are just the Triceratops and the Tyrannosaurus). So I'm assuming what follows the famous Cretaceous duo is the famous Jurassic duo. However, I hope there will be more 1:35 BotM releases, as generally speaking at 1:18 they're too big (and expensive for me). So I'd happily take any 1:35 version over 1:18 ones for large/ish taxa (but probably not for very small species).

Allosaurus aside, I also voted for:

Amargasaurus
Anchiceratops
Baryonyx
Carnotaurus
Ceratosaurus
Chasmosaurus belli (I have the 1:18 version but would gladly trade it for a 1:35 one)
Corythosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Edmontonia
Gorgosaurus
Herrerasaurus
Iguanodon
Kentrosaurus
Parasaurolophus
Tenontosaurus
Yutyrannus
Shonisaurus

So yeah, basically every species I'm interested in from them but that I'd prefer in a smaller (and more affordable) format. If versions of any of these taxa (that I find satisfactory) come from a different company before any of these really turn into 1:35 BotM releases, I'll remove said taxa from my votes, just as I've removed Utahraptor and Ouranosaurus from my votes with the release of the Safari and Haolonggood versions, respectively.

Bread

David has mentioned his likeness for Amargasaurus, so seeing this in both 1/18 and 1/35 scale would be great!

Also, how about adding Juvenile Tyrannosaurus to the list? Based on how well the 1/35 Tyrannosaurus has been doing, a 1/35 scale Juvi wouldn't be a bad idea to add.

I've also found David mentioning on IG that 1/35 scale raptors with literal 2-points of articulation wouldn't be a bad ide- and could be done down the road.

Regardless, with the success of the 1/35 scale Tyrannosaurus, I bet it has drawn some attention to the scaling of models for David. Even when being committed to 1/18.

Sim

avatar_Bread @Bread, I've added the juvenile Tyrannosaurus to the poll.  I'm very interested in what you said about 1:35 dromaeosaurids.  I think I would be interested in them!  I wonder what points of articulation they would have?  Just the legs maybe?

I've also added to the poll one more I'd like to have, which is Adasaurus.  It would go well with other Nemegt Formation species like Tarbosaurus, Deinocheirus and Therizinosaurus.  If my calculations are correct, 1:35 Adasaurus and Deinonychus would be the same size as the BotM 1:18 Velociraptor, Dromaeosaurus and Linheraptor.

Sim

In case anyone wants to vote for the new additions to the poll, the Adasaurus and juvenile Tyrannosaurus, and has voted already, I've enabled the option to remove your vote so you can vote again.

I changed my vote a bit, this time I voted for:

Adasaurus
Anchiceratops
Baryonyx
Bistahieversor
Centrosaurus apertus
Centrosaurus brinkmani
Ceratosaurus
Chasmosaurus belli
Cryolophosaurus
Daspletosaurus horneri
Deinonychus
Dilophosaurus
Gorgosaurus
Herrerasaurus
Kentrosaurus
Tarbosaurus
Utahraptor

Halichoeres

This is the largest reasonable scale for most sauropods. The Mattel Dreadnoughtus has convinced me of that.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

I've added Dryptosaurus to the poll.  I also changed my votes slightly, adding Dryptosaurus and Suchomimus and subtracting Tarbosaurus.

Skorpio V.

Ankylosaurids would undoubtedly translate the best in action figure form. Where seamlines are obstructive in streamlined dinosaurs, articulation can easily be covered by osteoderms. I also voted for Anchiceratops, super underrated ceratopsian!! I'd love to see them tackle a Shonisaurus too, no particular reason.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.