News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2024

Started by Faelrin, July 21, 2023, 08:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks good. Not sure I'll replace all my other JW Allos though as I like them a bit..we'll see.  Of course  I did also just buy the Justin Caldera model of it as well.

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 28, 2024, 12:11:44 PM*rolls eyes*

Parasaurolophus when?

They already did a Para? Unless your wanting a new one. I have to say I wouldn't complain if they went back and did a new Para and a Baryonyx with better teeth.

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 28, 2024, 03:56:13 PMLooks good. Not sure I'll replace all my other JW Allos though as I like them a bit..we'll see.  Of course  I did also just buy the Justin Caldera model of it as well.

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 28, 2024, 12:11:44 PM*rolls eyes*

Parasaurolophus when?

They already did a Para? Unless your wanting a new one. I have to say I wouldn't complain if they went back and did a new Para and a Baryonyx with better teeth.

I'm hoping they do a Dominion Para at some point. One of the best dinosaur designs in the entire franchise, if you ask me.

Carnoking

Quote from: Gwangi on August 28, 2024, 12:53:59 PMThis may be the first Mattel Allosaurus that I purchase!  ^-^

Conversely, this will be the Allosaurus that makes me get rid of all the other ones!

Faelrin

avatar_Prehistory Resurrection @Prehistory Resurrection I just realized the Chaos Theory connection when I showed it to my dad (he loves Allosaurus in general). Great point there, and timing for this reveal. Target says this will be released January 2025, so I guess this is the first reveal for that year (if not some of those SDCC HC reveals).

Kind of relieved it's coming then anyways, as I still need to pick up the Therizinosaurus and Giganotosaurus from this year. Oh and the Pyroraptor, but I plan to do that when I get paid here soon. Rest might need to wait longer still, not sure when I'll get to them, but hopefully before the Allosaurus is out.

avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot Did you forget the one that was part of the first wave released during 2022, that ate bees? Or was this a joke that went over my head? Or a genuine desire for a new one?

Honestly I would like them to do the Dominion Parasaurolophus design at least (specifically the blue striped one that has a promo pic). Been wanting one since 2022 actually. Other then the raptors so far though, we haven't gotten any major variations with repaints or retools in the line (minor improved JP T. rex re-release aside, and that canceled TLW buck). I think we're actually going to run out of prominent and popular (non CC or CT) film species before long, so some of the more prominent variations for the larger animals would be good to include such as the Dominion Parasaurolophus, Dominion (and end of FK) demon Carnotaurus, JPIII Brachiosaurus, and buck T. rex.

Here's an updated list of the genera done so far (excluding variations), or yet to be done. I've highlighted those in blue I think are mostly likely to be made, and purple for maybes. Things done are crossed out. I've also sorted by size class.

Spoiler
Tiny:
-Compsognathus
-Dimorphodon (unless the film accurate repainted mini ones included in the SDCC Jimmy Buffett set count, if not the prior Amber Collection ones)
-Lystrosaurus
-Microceratus (last one was long before Dominion came out)
-Moros (same as above Iguanodon)
-Oviraptor (has no figure currently)

Small:
-Atrociraptor
-Dilophosaurus
-Dimetrodon
-Gallimimus
-Pachycephalosaurus
-Pyroraptor
-Scutosaurus
-Stegosaurus (baby)
-Stygimoloch
-Tyrannosaurus (baby)
-Velociraptor

Medium:
-Ankylosaurus
-Baryonyx
-Ceratosaurus
-Concavenator
-Corythosaurus
-Geosternbergia
-Iguanodon (which is in desperate need of a film accurate figure)
-Irritator
-Metriacanthosaurus
-Nasutoceratops
-Parasaurolphus
-Pteranodon (Amber Collection technically)
-Sinoceratops
-Triceratops

Large:
-Allosaurus
-Carnotaurus
-Indoraptor (super posable is basically this already, just could have a more accurate head and teeth sculpt)
-Quetzalcoatlus
-Stegosaurus (adult)
-Therizinosaurus

XL:
-Apatosaurus
-Brachiosaurus
-Dreadnoughtus
-Giganotosaurus
-Indominus rex (hopefully next year with JW's 10th anniversary)
-Mamenchisaurus
-Mosasaurus (other then a potentially longer tail with articulation, the mainline is close enough)
-Spinosaurus
-Tyrannosaurus

Here is also the CC and CT species, also sorted into size classes.

Small:
-Monolophosaurus (black, orange, green)
-Nothosaurus
-Smilodon (has no figures)
-Spinoceratops Angel & Rebel (has no figures, although Angel has a plush)

Medium:
-Ankylosaurus Bumpy
-Baryonyx Chaos, Grim, Limbo
-Kentrosaurus Pierce
-Majungasaurus Major
-Ouranosaurus
-Pachyrhinosaurus

Large:
-Becklespinax
-Carnotaurus Toro
-Scorpios rex
-Suchomimus

XL:
-Tarbosaurus (has no figure, although the 2020 comes close sculpt wise, but not the coloration)
[close]
Edit: You know what, here's the remaining major variations they could do (CC and CT already included above):

-Allosaurus: FK juvenile (doubtful since we just got the adult now, and it doesn't seem to be as popular anyways)
-Atrociraptor: Panthera, Red, and Tiger
-Brachiosaurus: JPIII
-Carnotaurus: Dominion (demon)
-Dilophosaurus: Dominion
-Parasaurolophus: Dominion
-Tyrannosaurus: TLW buck or JPIII's (which would absolutely make sense to do if they do the Spinosaurus), if not the Dominion Prologue feathered one which would be cool to see honestly especially since it didn't even get a mainline figure
-Velociraptor: Charlie, Echo, Beta, and TLW male

We still have two more HC reveals this year, so anything goes I guess. I'm at least relieved Allosaurus is here now, as it was one of my bigger wants (after Carnotaurus and the smaller Pyroraptor).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

MLMjp

This is the one dino I wished they would have took longer to make. I'm probably the only person on earth who is not a fan of the JW adult Allosaurus, I think it's kinda ugly with those wierd ridges on it's skull and the crocodile scutes. A single row of spines would have been fine...

I find it more ugly than the Giganotosaurus and Baryonyx. YES I said that, at least with those they fullly embrace the "crocosaurus" and "villain dino" aspects, but with the Allo it just feels like they just slapped those features on.

I love my Extreme Damage Allosaurus beacuse it softens those features while still resembling that desing. This HC Allosaurus is a fantastic figure, sculpt, detail and articulation are miles better than the Extreme damage, but it has that uglyness that the Extreme Damage doesn't have.

So yeah, I'm torn. I want it, but at the same time I don`t.

Gwangi

Quote from: MLMjp on August 28, 2024, 10:01:16 PMThis is the one dino I wished they would have took longer to make. I'm probably the only person on earth who is not a fan of the JW adult Allosaurus, I think it's kinda ugly with those wierd ridges on it's skull and the crocodile scutes. A single row of spines would have been fine...

I find it more ugly than the Giganotosaurus and Baryonyx. YES I said that, at least with those they fullly embrace the "crocosaurus" and "villain dino" aspects, but with the Allo it just feels like they just slapped those features on.

I love my Extreme Damage Allosaurus beacuse it softens those features while still resembling that desing. This HC Allosaurus is a fantastic figure, sculpt, detail, articulation is miles better than the Extreme damage, but it has that uglyness that the Extreme Damage doesn't have.

So yeah, I'm torn. I want it, but at the same time I don`t.

You're not the only one, I don't like it either. I prefer the juvenile Allosaurus from Fallen Kingdom. There's a reason I don't have any Mattel Allosaurus figures and I'm still not certain that I'll get this one either.

Faelrin

I find the final adult Allosaurus design somewhat mid too, and I prefer the Frontier JWE design over it, but as far as the figure itself here goes it's like a bigger articulated Papo Allosaurus to me. The Papo Allosaurus was the first (modern?) Allosaurus figure I wanted, long before even getting started in this hobby because I was aware of it because of a Jurassic Park Operation Genesis texture/skin mod a few years after the figure first released.

Even now I still adore the Papo figure despite the spikes and crocodilian integument becoming outdated with recent finds of Allosaurus skin.

It kind of went full circle in a way which is kind of funny.

I saw a comparison today of all the Jurassic Allosaurus figures, and I think this is up there with that one highly articulated Hasbro one (although if it were a race between the two I think that one still comes first over this new HC JW Allosaurus).

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Faelrin on August 28, 2024, 07:10:17 PMavatar_Prehistory Resurrection @Prehistory Resurrection I just realized the Chaos Theory connection when I showed it to my dad (he loves Allosaurus in general). Great point there, and timing for this reveal. Target says this will be released January 2025, so I guess this is the first reveal for that year (if not some of those SDCC HC reveals).

Kind of relieved it's coming then anyways, as I still need to pick up the Therizinosaurus and Giganotosaurus from this year. Oh and the Pyroraptor, but I plan to do that when I get paid here soon. Rest might need to wait longer still, not sure when I'll get to them, but hopefully before the Allosaurus is out.

avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot Did you forget the one that was part of the first wave released during 2022, that ate bees? Or was this a joke that went over my head? Or a genuine desire for a new one?

Honestly I would like them to do the Dominion Parasaurolophus design at least (specifically the blue striped one that has a promo pic). Been wanting one since 2022 actually. Other then the raptors so far though, we haven't gotten any major variations with repaints or retools in the line (minor improved JP T. rex re-release aside, and that canceled TLW buck). I think we're actually going to run out of prominent and popular (non CC or CT) film species before long, so some of the more prominent variations for the larger animals would be good to include such as the Dominion Parasaurolophus, Dominion (and end of FK) demon Carnotaurus, JPIII Brachiosaurus, and buck T. rex.

Here's an updated list of the genera done so far (excluding variations), or yet to be done. I've highlighted those in blue I think are mostly likely to be made, and purple for maybes. Things done are crossed out. I've also sorted by size class.

Spoiler
Tiny:
-Compsognathus
-Dimorphodon (unless the film accurate repainted mini ones included in the SDCC Jimmy Buffett set count, if not the prior Amber Collection ones)
-Lystrosaurus
-Microceratus (last one was long before Dominion came out)
-Moros (same as above Iguanodon)
-Oviraptor (has no figure currently)

Small:
-Atrociraptor
-Dilophosaurus
-Dimetrodon
-Gallimimus
-Pachycephalosaurus
-Pyroraptor
-Scutosaurus
-Stegosaurus (baby)
-Stygimoloch
-Tyrannosaurus (baby)
-Velociraptor

Medium:
-Ankylosaurus
-Baryonyx
-Ceratosaurus
-Concavenator
-Corythosaurus
-Geosternbergia
-Iguanodon (which is in desperate need of a film accurate figure)
-Irritator
-Metriacanthosaurus
-Nasutoceratops
-Parasaurolphus
-Pteranodon (Amber Collection technically)
-Sinoceratops
-Triceratops

Large:
-Allosaurus
-Carnotaurus
-Indoraptor (super posable is basically this already, just could have a more accurate head and teeth sculpt)
-Quetzalcoatlus
-Stegosaurus (adult)
-Therizinosaurus

XL:
-Apatosaurus
-Brachiosaurus
-Dreadnoughtus
-Giganotosaurus
-Indominus rex (hopefully next year with JW's 10th anniversary)
-Mamenchisaurus
-Mosasaurus (other then a potentially longer tail with articulation, the mainline is close enough)
-Spinosaurus
-Tyrannosaurus

Here is also the CC and CT species, also sorted into size classes.

Small:
-Monolophosaurus (black, orange, green)
-Nothosaurus
-Smilodon (has no figures)
-Spinoceratops Angel & Rebel (has no figures, although Angel has a plush)

Medium:
-Ankylosaurus Bumpy
-Baryonyx Chaos, Grim, Limbo
-Kentrosaurus Pierce
-Majungasaurus Major
-Ouranosaurus
-Pachyrhinosaurus

Large:
-Becklespinax
-Carnotaurus Toro
-Scorpios rex
-Suchomimus

XL:
-Tarbosaurus (has no figure, although the 2020 comes close sculpt wise, but not the coloration)
[close]
Edit: You know what, here's the remaining major variations they could do (CC and CT already included above):

-Allosaurus: FK juvenile (doubtful since we just got the adult now, and it doesn't seem to be as popular anyways)
-Atrociraptor: Panthera, Red, and Tiger
-Brachiosaurus: JPIII
-Carnotaurus: Dominion (demon)
-Dilophosaurus: Dominion
-Parasaurolophus: Dominion
-Tyrannosaurus: TLW buck or JPIII's (which would absolutely make sense to do if they do the Spinosaurus), if not the Dominion Prologue feathered one which would be cool to see honestly especially since it didn't even get a mainline figure
-Velociraptor: Charlie, Echo, Beta, and TLW male

We still have two more HC reveals this year, so anything goes I guess. I'm at least relieved Allosaurus is here now, as it was one of my bigger wants (after Carnotaurus and the smaller Pyroraptor).

Keep in mind there is also almost definelty a new toyline coming next year for the new movie. It may cause a bit of a slow down with other lines.

Prehistory Resurrection

Close-up shot of the head;

MLMjp

And a little detail that bothers me to no end.

Why did they put some red in front of the eyes and not in the crests?!

Ah, who I am kidding, I will preorder this... the FOMO haunts me after passing on the Baryonyx and Ceratosaurus...

Prehistory Resurrection

More pictures of the new HC Allosaurus;

EmperorDinobot

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin, the embarrassing thing is that...

*I* reviewed the Hammond Parasaurolophus.

It's no joke, I actually forgot until I was poking around in my collection earlier at night.

I would welcome a Dominion Para with better articulation, adding wrists and metatarsals,

Gwangi

Quote from: Faelrin on August 29, 2024, 01:51:08 AMI find the final adult Allosaurus design somewhat mid too, and I prefer the Frontier JWE design over it, but as far as the figure itself here goes it's like a bigger articulated Papo Allosaurus to me. The Papo Allosaurus was the first (modern?) Allosaurus figure I wanted, long before even getting started in this hobby because I was aware of it because of a Jurassic Park Operation Genesis texture/skin mod a few years after the figure first released.

Even now I still adore the Papo figure despite the spikes and crocodilian integument becoming outdated with recent finds of Allosaurus skin.

It kind of went full circle in a way which is kind of funny.

I saw a comparison today of all the Jurassic Allosaurus figures, and I think this is up there with that one highly articulated Hasbro one (although if it were a race between the two I think that one still comes first over this new HC JW Allosaurus).

I have a lot of love for the Papo Allosaurus too. I started collecting when Papo was in their prime and the Allosaurus was one of my all time favorite figures, and one of the first that I bought. I still have it and display in my cabinet for sentimental purposes. Still, I can't muster much enthusiasm for this HC Allosaurus. I think it's the eyes. Even if I do get it it'll have to be on sale or something.

Faelrin

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi Yeah the eyes are easily the biggest detractor. There's no reason they can't do them better when like even my Paleozoic Pal plushies have better ones. Or even the old Dino Riders too.

Gwangi

Quote from: Faelrin on August 29, 2024, 02:58:16 PMavatar_Gwangi @Gwangi Yeah the eyes are easily the biggest detractor. There's no reason they can't do them better when like even my Paleozoic Pal plushies have better ones. Or even the old Dino Riders too.

It's not so much the glass eyes, which I don't really like but can live with, it's their positioning and how sunken in they are. I can usually live with inaccuracies too but this one bothers me more than most.

Dilopho

I genuinely thought it was just going to be a formal reveal for the Scutosaurus, Ghost and Stiggy. o.O
This Allosaurus looks really amazing, there are now three allosauroids in the line.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: MLMjp on August 29, 2024, 10:01:27 AMAnd a little detail that bothers me to no end.

Why did they put some red in front of the eyes and not in the crests?!

Ah, who I am kidding, I will preorder this... the FOMO haunts me after passing on the Baryonyx and Ceratosaurus...

I have a Bary in box I'd sell. I'm not super attached to it preferring the mainline one.

Dilopho

Are the feet getting bigger again?

Blade-of-the-Moon

EE put up a bunch of new listings for upcoming toys, including HC , WR, and a few JW4 items. No pics but species names.  https://www.entertainmentearth.com/s/?query1=jurassic

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: