News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2024

Started by Faelrin, July 21, 2023, 08:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

Oh thanks for the heads up. Lots of cool species here. Below spoiler for those not wanting to be spoiled:

Spoiler
-HC baby Triceratops (hoping is the canceled JP design re-used in TLW)
Also HC Allosaurus, Atrociraptor Ghost and Scutosaurus, which we know about

-Wild Roar Baryonyx
-Wild Roar Ceratosuchops
-Wild Roar Kentrosaurus
-Wild Roar Kryptops (last year's mini finally getting a larger one I hope)
-Wild Roar Maiasaura
-Wild Roar Nasutoceratops (nice to have an electronic one after all this time)
-Wild Roar Pteranodon
-Wild Roar Utahraptor (finally!)
-Gigantic Trackers Eotriceratops
-Gigantic Trackers Suchomimus (already seen it)
-Gigantic Trackers Styxosaurus (also already seen it)
-Gigantic Trackers Tyrannotitan
another Mosasaurus, Therizinosaurus, and Tyrannosaurus
there's also a mystery "villian dino" from the new movie

New assortments called Surprise Reveal Dinosaur and Mighty Little Biters.

Product description:

QuoteReveal fun adventures with the Jurassic World Surprise Reveal Dinosaurs! Each figure start as a mystery dinosaur with one-color skeleton design. Dunk the dinosaurs in warm water in the container provided in-pack and watch the color reveal surprise of the hidden dinosaur deco. Each dinosaur measures about 6-inches tall. Collect them all! For ages 4 years and up.

QuoteReveal roaring battles with the Jurassic World Surprise Reveal Battle Deluxe Dinosaurs! Each set includes 1x hero and 1x villain dinosaur figure including a play pit, providing color reveal surprises and conflict play. Each dinosaur stands about 7 3/4-inches tall x 7 3/4-inches long. Collect them all! For ages 4 years and up.

Sounds kind of like the color change Captivz or that Snap Squad Parasaurolophus. Neat.

Product description for the biters:

QuoteBite makes might! Each Jurassic World Mighty Little Biters collectible dinosaur evolves from cute to angry with one easy motion. Push down on the head to open the mouth and see the top teeth extend out aggressively, while the eyes change from a cute, normal look to a fierce attacking look. Fidgeters will have great fun changing back and forth. Look out for the T. rex, Velociraptor, and Ankylosaurus dinosaurs! Packaging features bite mark details. Each figure stands about 3-inches tall x 3-inches long. Collect them all! For ages 4 years and up.
[close]
Guess I should get the ball going on the 2025 thread with all these early listings (and a few SDCC reveals).

Edit: I'll do it later today (technically). After 1:30am and I am exhausted from everything today.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

Mattel continues to have the widest variety of abelisaurs. Not something I'd have predicted five years ago.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

MLMjp

Gotta get the
Spoiler
Baby Triceratops, Maiasaura, Nasutoceratops & Utahraptor.

Also mattel will do any carcharodontosaur except Acrocanthosaurus...I doubt Tyrannotitan is in the movie since it's a gigantic tracker (medium large) instead of a large dino which is what it should be considering its real size, but we know mattel doesn't give those spots to dinosaurs who don't appear on the films or shows.
[close]

Blade-of-the-Moon

I wonder if the Mosa and Theri are reissues?

CityRaptor

I think hose with the 2024 release dates are most likely Chaos Theory. So Kentrosaurus could be Pierce.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Flaffy

Would be incredibly amusing if Mattel of all companies managed to get
Spoiler
Maiasaurus's crest right.
[close]

Prehistory Resurrection

Okay, at this point, paint variations are becoming a thing with Mattel.

crazy8wizard

This seems even more like a minor paint quirk than the Mapusaurus. At least the Gigantic Trackers Triceratops didn't require a magnifying glass to distinguish the variants

JPuggy

CollectJurassic just posted this, seems to be another JW Reimagined, this time based on the Kenner Capture Copter

suspsy

I find it odd and annoying how Mattel seems loath to do more ankylosaurids. And still no Acrocanthosaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

crazy8wizard

Quote from: suspsy on August 31, 2024, 06:55:25 PMI find it odd and annoying how Mattel seems loath to do more ankylosaurids. And still no Acrocanthosaurus.

Didn't they just do an ankylosaur?

suspsy

Quote from: crazy8wizard on August 31, 2024, 07:43:27 PM
Quote from: suspsy on August 31, 2024, 06:55:25 PMI find it odd and annoying how Mattel seems loath to do more ankylosaurids. And still no Acrocanthosaurus.

If you're referring to Gastonia, then that's not an ankylosaurid. That's a nodosaurid.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

crazy8wizard

Quote from: suspsy on August 31, 2024, 07:50:08 PM
Quote from: crazy8wizard on August 31, 2024, 07:43:27 PM

If you're referring to Gastonia, then that's not an ankylosaurid. That's a nodosaurid.

Ohhh ok you meant specifically that family rather than the whole clade. I misinterpreted.

CityRaptor

Quote from: JPuggy on August 31, 2024, 05:50:28 PMCollectJurassic just posted this, seems to be another JW Reimagined, this time based on the Kenner Capture Copter[/img]

Seems to be a mix of the Capture Copter and the Air SABRE from Jurassic Park: Chaos Effect. The ACU's smug expression also reminds me of the Dieter Stark figure coming with that vehicle. The red Atrociraptor also looks kinda Chaos Effecty. I guess the thought process behind that one is that if there is a Velociraptor named Blue and Raptor Alpha is blue, then there being an Atrociraptor named Red means that the Atrociraptor counterpart to Alpha should be red.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

JPuggy

Quote from: CityRaptor on September 01, 2024, 12:36:02 AM
Quote from: JPuggy on August 31, 2024, 05:50:28 PMCollectJurassic just posted this, seems to be another JW Reimagined, this time based on the Kenner Capture Copter[/img]

Seems to be a mix of the Capture Copter and the Air SABRE from Jurassic Park: Chaos Effect. The ACU's smug expression also reminds me of the Dieter Stark figure coming with that vehicle. The red Atrociraptor also looks kinda Chaos Effecty. I guess the thought process behind that one is that if there is a Velociraptor named Blue and Raptor Alpha is blue, then there being an Atrociraptor named Red means that the Atrociraptor counterpart to Alpha should be red.
the red coloring of the atrociraptor might also be a reference to the raptor on the Capture Copter boxart, though its a bit loose

Blade-of-the-Moon

wouldn't mind getting the ACU guy, but I could live without the rest.

Gwangi

I can live without that one.

Dilopho

Even if it's based on an old set, I can't help but think a pterosaur would have made more sense here

I can't help but feel dissappointed that they killed off the Legacy collection for this sort of thing, even if it's fun

Blade-of-the-Moon

I would have preferred a full size Capture Copter remake. I dislike these small shrunken vehicles. If they had added in a few rare pieces like the microceratops that would have been more appealing. 

Honestly? I want the Ingen copter from the first film. That's what they should have made.

Nyrorosaurus

Ultimate Damage Scorpios Rex and Indoraptor

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: