News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

TURKEYSAURUS:

Yes, that's why I'm waiting for collector's photos of the green version.

A yellow Diplodocus....egads.

Pinbacker

Quote from: dragon53 on May 21, 2024, 10:31:12 PMTURKEYSAURUS:

There are pictures of the green version here on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/JUvuXv6YV97JCbJk/?mibextid=K35XfP

I don't know how to upload them here on the forum.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I dunno I can see a base yellowish tone with other coloration/markings.

TlatolophusJuanorum

As the phoenix I rise from my large hiatus from here... but as per May ends(assuming Stegosaurus ungulatus is a June release) I bring y'all the updated poster for Haolonggood 2024 releases:
Bright-coloured schemes

Dark-coloured schemes

(Limited edition colorations will be updated till we have final schemes for the Stegosaurus.)
Also this week I've finally received my purpleish Alamo and my blue Mamenxi. I'll prepare some pictures later on this week, I hope you like them.  :D 

thomasw100

The green would have been my favorite choice if they had left out these white patches on top of everything else. Same problem as with these squiggly lines that they had placed on several of their figures. So I went with the brown because irrespective of the color it is the cleanest paint design.

dragon53

PINBACKER:

Thanks, but I don't belong to Facebook.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: dragon53 on May 22, 2024, 10:57:03 PMPINBACKER:

Thanks, but I don't belong to Facebook.
With due respect to the owner of the pictures (Andrew J. Pratt), here they are for you to decide.

dragon53

TlatolophusJuanorum:

Thanks for the photos of the green version.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Pinbacker on May 22, 2024, 01:02:52 AM

There are pictures of the green version here on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/JUvuXv6YV97JCbJk/?mibextid=K35XfP

I don't know how to upload them here on the forum.

I wish it was easier to post pictures on the forum. its the only thing thats stoping me from making a mini review here

thomasw100

Quote from: dragon53 on May 23, 2024, 02:14:16 AMTlatolophusJuanorum:

Thanks for the photos of the green version.

I think in normal light the green Mamenchisaurus should be much darker. These photos must have been taken in quite bright light. Note how almost beige the Rebor Diplodocus looks and also the PNSO Lingwulong. When I look at the latter in normal daylight, it is a lot darker.

dragon53

Thomasw100:

Yes, I have the Rebor Diplodocus and noticed it is very light in the above photo.

One reason I'm hesitating on the brown Mamenchisaurus is because I already have the brown Diplodocus.

Based on the various photos, my own preference is that I wish the Mamenchisaurus had a darker green or a darker blue---I liked the Alamosaurus dark blue prototype a lot more than the production light blue.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: dragon53 on May 23, 2024, 01:53:34 PMOne reason I'm hesitating on the brown Mamenchisaurus is because I already have the brown Diplodocus.
Green mamenchi:
Brown mamenchi vs REBOR diplo comparison

This would help you.

dragon53

TURKEYSAURUS:

Thanks for the Youtubes. I've done a number of searches on Youtube for the green version and did not see the top video you posted.

thomasw100

In this video
Quote from: dragon53 on May 23, 2024, 04:23:19 PMTURKEYSAURUS:

Thanks for the Youtubes. I've done a number of searches on Youtube for the green version and did not see the top video you posted.

In the video at the top the green Mamenchisaurus does also look rather bright, but still I would think that in natural light it should appear much darker. If I compare how some initial in hand pictures showed the brown version with how it looks in natural light, the latter is much darker as well.

SenSx

Thanks for the video of the green Mamenchisaurus, and even asking for it.
As usual one personn asks for it, while many others, like me, want the same thing but do not dare to say it.

It seems faithfull to the previous photos, maybe indeed darker in reallity.
I still prefer the blue.

Turkeysaurus

All of them look good to be honest. Bad part of having multiple choices.

suspsy

I hope we get to see the Stegosaurus toys soon.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

I've been thinking about it and I think I'll skip the Maiasaura and the Amargasaurus if they aren't fixed... which is a shame, because those two were my most hyped species from that teaser.  :'( I already have a fair number of figures to catch up on, so I'd rather do that than commissioning fixes for newly-released ones...

It's frustrating because, as those two currently are, they can't be called accurate depictions, but if they are fixed, not only could they be considered accurate, but they would also become the best versions of the animals ever released in figure form! It's not that the changes that would have to be made are drastic either. If the large nasal structure avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy posted about here is too drastic of a change, a transversal crest, as seein in Battat's or Carnegie's Maiasaura would work too. And as for the Amargasaurus, just have the neck sail cover all of the spines and have the first (single) neck spine inside of it too. That's it. As I said, I think it's as important to have these 2 fixed as the Ouranosaurus and the thumb spikes situation, which Haolonggood already proved to be able to overcome in a way no other company would. So let that happen again, if possible please V @vampiredesign

If the Amargasaurus and the Maiasaura are fixed you will have my money, the models look great otherwise and they represent two important species I'm a big fan of.

In the meantime though, I have to catch up on older Haolonggood models, and I'm also looking forward to the Diabloceratops and the Styracosaurus if they will be at 1:35 scale.

Sim

I understand how you feel avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator.  I'm sorry you're feeling this way.  I doubt the Maiasaura and Amargasaurus will be corrected though, since the Ouranosaurus's head crest wasn't split into two horns even when the figure was corrected to have thumb spikes...  I'm not sure why it wasn't corrected in that area and I have to admit I'm surprised Haolonggood got the crest incorrect on their Maiasaura when it was posted on here how Maiasaura has a single crest while Ouranosaurus has paired horns, when the Haolonggood Ouranosaurus was released.

I still got the Haolonggood Ouranosaurus with thumb spikes as I liked it enough and I just pretend the cranial protrusions support a single boss, even if that might be incorrect.  Similarly with the Haolonggood Amargasaurus, if it's not corrected, I'll just pretend the neck spines are in the process of evolving to be uncovered, even if again that might be incorrect.  I like the figures enough to justify them like that.  The Maiasaura I can't justify though.

I'm really looking forward to what comes next from Haolonggood in any case!  I wonder if their ceratopsids will be released one after the other or if there will be other types of dinosaurs in between?  We still haven't seen any of Haolonggood's 2024 theropods yet..

TlatolophusJuanorum

As I told you before, my blue Mamenxi arrived. I wasn't really sure of going with the blue one, but now it has been growing on me ever since.

Everything seems fine for these young "Bashanosaurus" and "Chialingosaurus" playing in the Shaximiao basin

Oh, an old Tuojiangosaurus joins the party too

but now some little fellas appear to be announcing something, someone...

A huge creature emerges from the dense vegetation taking care of its children

Mamenchisaurus hochuanensis, an upper Shaximiao member

I have only a few members of this rich formation, but I hope to get a few more additions through HLGs Huayangosaurus and PNSOs Yangchuanosaurus magnus. (Although I used old PNSOs minis as some species from here just for reference). Now let's move into the crown jewel, Alamosaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: