News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

I want the fruity Stegosaurus too lol. But I would be fine with any. I like them all.

Also checked out the pics on Amazon for the Maiasaura pair, and I'm delighted by the pink purple set the most, though both are wonderful. Really need to pick some of these up. Haolonggood already making it hard for me to pick top ten way before the 2024 poll is ready (that said I have been putting together a list, in case someone else wants a go at it this year, since I did it for last year's. Saving folks time and all that).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

I was pretty torn but  I went with the purple pair, reminded me of Doug's art.

Might get the green ones at some point to make a scene from one of my favorite dino docs :

Halichoeres

OK, now that I've seen the Maiasaura crest from more angles, it's definitely wrong. That's a deal-breaker for me, I think I'll skip it. Odd that it's the opposite of the error made on the Ouranosaurus crest, which has hornlets but whose figure had a transverse crest instead.

The Gastonia and Stegosaurus are looking pretty good, though!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SidB

The long reign of the Battat will continue, it seems.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: SidB on May 18, 2024, 08:41:29 PMThe long reign of the Battat will continue, it seems.

...Or we can stick a gum on Haolonggood's face and call it a crest.  8)

Concavenator

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on May 18, 2024, 11:17:41 PM
Quote from: SidB on May 18, 2024, 08:41:29 PMThe long reign of the Battat will continue, it seems.

...Or we can stick a gum on Haolonggood's face and call it a crest.  8)

Well, that's another possibility!  ;D It would be preferable if Haolonggood did that themselves though, which they've proven to be able to do (Ouranosaurus' case). The modification would be pretty minor, but very relevant.

Same goes for the Amargasaurus in case its neck's sail won't be complete. Better late than never.

Blade-of-the-Moon

My brown Mamenchi came in today, pretty cool, nice size and the head sculpt is actually legiable..( looking at you PNSO ). It's actually very well done.  I opened the wrapping and saw the blue version on the box and panicked for a minute before  I saw it's just the two images on the box lol

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Flaffy on May 16, 2024, 04:57:30 PM
Quote from: Quiversaurus on May 16, 2024, 07:10:09 AMAs for the Maiasaura discussion, can anyone post a link to the updated paper describing the hornlets/ridge please? I've never come across it and would like to read further. Thanks in advance!

Less so being "updated", moreso artists mistakenly taking lateral views of the skull or skeletal recnstructions at face value and assuming the small protrusion above the eyes being a diagnostic feature rather than an artefact of a lateral angle. A common but understandable error as not everyone has free access to scientific papers or fossil specimens.
Link: https://www.app.pan.pl/archive/published/app66/app006982019.html

What is new however is the way we restore such structures. Traditionally as seen in the Battat and Carnegie figures, the ridge would be reconstructed as a lateral bar with little to no associated soft tissue structure. Newer reconstructions like those done by Olorotitan suggest that these ridges would've contributed to supporting large nasal structures instead of a simple decorative crest.
Link: https://earthsky.org/earth/juvenile-hadrosaur-fossil-reveals-fleshy-snout/

Prosaurolophus by Julius Csotonyi.

Appreciate this explainer. I'm not as updated info-wise when it comes to hadrosaurs, so this is very useful. Thank you!

thomasw100

Quote from: Flaffy on May 16, 2024, 04:57:30 PM
Quote from: Quiversaurus on May 16, 2024, 07:10:09 AMAs for the Maiasaura discussion, can anyone post a link to the updated paper describing the hornlets/ridge please? I've never come across it and would like to read further. Thanks in advance!

Less so being "updated", moreso artists mistakenly taking lateral views of the skull or skeletal recnstructions at face value and assuming the small protrusion above the eyes being a diagnostic feature rather than an artefact of a lateral angle. A common but understandable error as not everyone has free access to scientific papers or fossil specimens.
Link: https://www.app.pan.pl/archive/published/app66/app006982019.html

What is new however is the way we restore such structures. Traditionally as seen in the Battat and Carnegie figures, the ridge would be reconstructed as a lateral bar with little to no associated soft tissue structure. Newer reconstructions like those done by Olorotitan suggest that these ridges would've contributed to supporting large nasal structures instead of a simple decorative crest.
Link: https://earthsky.org/earth/juvenile-hadrosaur-fossil-reveals-fleshy-snout/

Prosaurolophus by Julius Csotonyi.

A new 3D printable model from VFB Paleoart imcorporates this actually:

Turkeysaurus

How legit is this compared to lips vs teeth, cheeks vs non-cheeks? Can it be interpreted differently? I heard complaints PNSO's Edmontosaurus crest, Iguanodon's head and shape cheeks etc. but Zhao Chuang explains why in their videos.

Sim

I tried ordering the Gastonia pair, but the Aliexpress seller I've been getting Haolonggood figures from, My online toy store, doesn't have them available.  They also only have one of the Maiasaura colour schemes.  I wonder if they will receive the other new figures soon?

ceratopsian

I looked just now and both Maiasaura sets are now available. This store is always a bit slower than some to get new releases up. I guess the Gastonia will follow fairly soon.

Quote from: Sim on May 19, 2024, 06:50:10 PMI tried ordering the Gastonia pair, but the Aliexpress seller I've been getting Haolonggood figures from, My online toy store, doesn't have them available.  They also only have one of the Maiasaura colour schemes.  I wonder if they will receive the other new figures soon?

Gunnersaurus

Fyi, The gastonia is now available on my My Online Toy Store.

Sim

Thanks for the responses!  I forgot all colour versions are on one page, so both versions of the Maiasaura set were probably available when I looked.  I've searched for the Gastonia again but I haven't found it in My online toy store...

Pinbacker

Just go to the "New Arrivals" section of the store...both Gastonia and Maiasaurus are in stock

Sim

I've just looked there and I don't see the Gastonia...

Turkeysaurus

Gunnersaurus

Sim

Thanks, but to me it says the page can not be found.

Gunnersaurus

Odd, I wonder if it's a regional thing. I'm based in Australia.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: