News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

I've been thinking it might have to do with location.  For some reason when I went to Aliexpress it was defaulting the currency to US dollar.  I changed it pounds and even signed in but I haven't been able to find the Gastonia.  I've sent a message to My online toy store asking if they can send it to the UK.  Hopefully this will be resolved..

Chasmosaurus

I've try to find it for france expédition.
Maybe this link work for UK too.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EI5oRpv
Man is only interested in what he invents while what surrounds him is made in a much more extraordinary and complex way

Turkeysaurus

Those links say it can't be shipped to your location (to Turkey) so it must be a location thing.

Quiversaurus

I was looking at the recent releases again and want to say that the juveniles are a very welcome addition and, I feel, step in the right direction. Maiasaura aren't even on my list of figures to get, but I'm actually considering getting one set, just to "vote with my wallet". The option with the purple accents is definitely the way to go. What better species to debut juveniles with than the Maiasaura.

V @vampiredesign keep the good work going!

The other model I'm excited about is the S. ungulatus. Yes, I already have PNSO's which is my favourite model of my favourite species by far, but how could I pass up such a model... The classic option with the orange plates is my first option for now, but I will wait for actual release and in-hand images before deciding. And I'll probably wait for video reviews and comparisons with PNSO's S. stenops before actually making a purchase. Great times ahead (:

Turkeysaurus

It's a good thing for Haolonggood to show what's next. I could buy PNSO stegosaurus if i didn't know Haolonggood  will produce one. Same goes for Styracosaurus. If i had bought them , i would pass Haolonggood because of the budget.

This way both customers and company wins. Not everyone can afford ever model  after all.

I'll wait and save some budget for griffatitan too , even it might be not available for my country.

ceratopsian

I'm in the UK and the Gastonia is showing as available in my Online Toy Store. Are you searching or going direct to the store and viewing their new arrivals avatar_Sim @Sim?  If you are seeing items denominated in US dollars, have you tried signing out and signing in again?

thomasw100

I checked this as well and it seems that the key to seeing the offers is to set the country settings in my Online Toy Store to USA. So why are people not using Lana Time Shop? They still offer these small figures with free shipping or at a nominal shipping fee of 1 USD.

Sim

Thanks Chasmosaurus, that link did work for me.  However, My online toy store responded to me and I was then able to find the Gastonia in their store and order both colour versions! :)  Thanks for the responses everyone!

thomasw100

First in hand pictures of the Maiasaura as per Paleofiguras:

Blade-of-the-Moon

I might need to get the green version too..hmm...

Odobenocetops

Hi!
Can anyone please explain the inaccuracies in the maiasaurua figure?
Thanks

Quiversaurus

avatar_Odobenocetops @Odobenocetops , avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy gave a short summary earlier:

Quote from: Flaffy on May 16, 2024, 04:57:30 PM
Quote from: Quiversaurus on May 16, 2024, 07:10:09 AMAs for the Maiasaura discussion, can anyone post a link to the updated paper describing the hornlets/ridge please? I've never come across it and would like to read further. Thanks in advance!

Less so being "updated", moreso artists mistakenly taking lateral views of the skull or skeletal recnstructions at face value and assuming the small protrusion above the eyes being a diagnostic feature rather than an artefact of a lateral angle. A common but understandable error as not everyone has free access to scientific papers or fossil specimens.
Link: https://www.app.pan.pl/archive/published/app66/app006982019.html

What is new however is the way we restore such structures. Traditionally as seen in the Battat and Carnegie figures, the ridge would be reconstructed as a lateral bar with little to no associated soft tissue structure. Newer reconstructions like those done by Olorotitan suggest that these ridges would've contributed to supporting large nasal structures instead of a simple decorative crest.
Link: https://earthsky.org/earth/juvenile-hadrosaur-fossil-reveals-fleshy-snout/

Prosaurolophus by Julius Csotonyi.

Odobenocetops

Quote from: Quiversaurus on May 21, 2024, 09:00:22 AMavatar_Odobenocetops @Odobenocetops , avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy gave a short summary earlier:

Quote from: Flaffy on May 16, 2024, 04:57:30 PM
Quote from: Quiversaurus on May 16, 2024, 07:10:09 AMAs for the Maiasaura discussion, can anyone post a link to the updated paper describing the hornlets/ridge please? I've never come across it and would like to read further. Thanks in advance!

Less so being "updated", moreso artists mistakenly taking lateral views of the skull or skeletal recnstructions at face value and assuming the small protrusion above the eyes being a diagnostic feature rather than an artefact of a lateral angle. A common but understandable error as not everyone has free access to scientific papers or fossil specimens.
Link: https://www.app.pan.pl/archive/published/app66/app006982019.html

What is new however is the way we restore such structures. Traditionally as seen in the Battat and Carnegie figures, the ridge would be reconstructed as a lateral bar with little to no associated soft tissue structure. Newer reconstructions like those done by Olorotitan suggest that these ridges would've contributed to supporting large nasal structures instead of a simple decorative crest.
Link: https://earthsky.org/earth/juvenile-hadrosaur-fossil-reveals-fleshy-snout/

Prosaurolophus by Julius Csotonyi.

Thank you!

thomasw100

Another potential issue with the Maiasaura is the quite pronounced presence of cheeks. Having read up a bit on the dinosaur feeding biology in the book by Nabavizadeh and Weishampel, I find the recent approach of PNSO (e.g. the most recent Edmontosaurus, but even the Iguanodon and Tsintaosaurus did not have them really) more believable. This is probably still a somewhat controversial issue resembling to some extent the lip versus lipless debate of theropods.

Paleo Flo

Today my blue Mamenchisaurus arrived...what a great figure ;D

Question: in my figure the foremost leg or arm don't touches the ground so that figure is lending forward.
I fixed this by laying two flat acryl plates under the foot so that the Mamenchi stands as it should be.

How are your experiences with that issue? Is this a common issue?

Thanks!
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

thomasw100

Quote from: Paleo Flo on May 21, 2024, 01:48:36 PMToday my blue Mamenchisaurus arrived...what a great figure ;D

Question: in my figure the foremost leg or arm don't touches the ground so that figure is lending forward.
I fixed this by laying two flat acryl plates under the foot so that the Mamenchi stands as it should be.

Thanks!

Congratulations to acquiring such a great figure. I got the brown version and I do not have that issue. All four legs are touching the ground. Maybe in your case some warping of the legs has happened during the molding and cooling process prior to painting. Could you post a picture that would show how this looks in your case? A cure could be the well known treatment with hot water.

dragon53

Paleo Flo

Quote from: thomasw100 on May 21, 2024, 02:12:33 PM
Quote from: Paleo Flo on May 21, 2024, 01:48:36 PMToday my blue Mamenchisaurus arrived...what a great figure ;D

Thanks!

Congratulations to acquiring such a great figure. I got the brown version and I do not have that issue. All four legs are touching the ground. Maybe in your case some warping of the legs has happened during the molding and cooling process prior to painting. Could you post a picture that would show how this looks in your case? A cure could be the well known treatment with hot water.

Thanks a Lot. I will have a try. May I will post some pics later.

Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

dragon53

I'm waiting for someone to review and post photos of the green Mamenchisaurus so I can get a better idea of what the green looks like (I'm wary of official PR photos because sometimes they make the color look better than it really is).
I'm leaning towards the brown version, especially after DinosDragons said the blue version is unrealistic.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: dragon53 on May 21, 2024, 02:56:24 PMI'm waiting for someone to review and post photos of the green Mamenchisaurus so I can get a better idea of what the green looks like (I'm wary of official PR photos because sometimes they make the color look better than it really is).
I'm leaning towards the brown version, especially after DinosDragons said the blue version is unrealistic.

I think you should buy which one you think looks good. If mamenchisaurus is found out be grey colored, your brown one will be as wrong as blue.

According to scientists, Diplodocus might be ginger/yellow colored afterall.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: