News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2024

Started by Halichoeres, February 01, 2024, 10:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

After seeing the latest images, I too had been thinking it's Austroraptor, Nanuqsaurus and Torvosaurus.  If that's close but not entirely correct, I'll change my guess to Austroraptor, Gorgosaurus and Torvosaurus.

Shane

Everyone has been very close but nobody has correctly guessed all three so far.

Primeval12

I'm thinking that tall one is a Megaraptorid

TheCambrianCrusader

Oh yeah, that's definitely a Nanuqsaurus. I wasn't sure what the fish was before but now that we got a better look that's a great mahi mahi!
Maybe the raptor is a Buitreraptor or Unenlagia. The theropod on the right could honestly be anything at this point.

Sim

Maybe they are Austroraptor, Nanuqsaurus and Megalosaurus?

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Sim on July 25, 2024, 05:52:25 PMMaybe they are Austroraptor, Nanuqsaurus and Megalosaurus?
Hopefully not i'm happy with my PNSO already
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Primeval12 on July 25, 2024, 05:49:36 PMI'm thinking that tall one is a Megaraptorid
The arms don't seem anywhere near long or bulky enough

TheCambrianCrusader

Yeah I'm thinking its some kind of megalosaur. If not Torvosaurus maybe Eustreptospondylus?

GojiraGuy1954

CarnotaurusKing

Nanuqsaurus is an interesting choice, considering Safari Ltd's preference for more completely known taxa, though I'm not sure what else it could be. The unenlagiine on the left looks spectacular. With the better picture, the theropod on the right looks more like a tyrannosauroid of some kind (and looks lightly fluffy around the neck too?). Like a Xiongguanlong or Suskityrannus*. Probably completely wrong, but we're all just spitballing here. Not too interested in Nanuqsaurus(?) due to it being known from little material, but all three look amazing. Wonder what the other prehistoric model ends up being.

The lammergeier, osprey and mahi-mahi look really good too.

*Nevermind, looks more like a megalosauroid, or some other basal tetanuran

PrimevalRaptor

Austroraptor has been in need of a good figure for a while so that would be great, could also be Buitreraptor though maaaybe? Would be cool too imo
Given the colors and PP I also think this may be Nanuqsaurus which is neat and that megalosaur...part of me hopes it's Wiehenvenator cause that'd be another figure of a German dinososaur but either way I really like the look of this one the most.
Gotta admit though...my personal highlight is the bearded vulture, that's my favorite bird and it's been a LONG while since this guy had an easily obtainable figure...very exciting!

GojiraGuy1954

Not liking this promo image of the Nanuq. Other two still look good though

CarnotaurusKing

A little rough. Rattail, no lips, teeth going too far back in the jaw. Doesn't look like Doug's work. Still, better than CollectA's IMO.

Maybe it's just the angle.

Flaffy

Not too fond of the Austroraptor(?)'s colour scheme. Awfully similar to the now retired Citipati.

Primeval12

That paint job of the unknown theropod PNSO levels of good!

Shane

Quote from: Primeval12 on July 25, 2024, 07:18:36 PMThat paint job of the unknown theropod PNSO levels of good!

Hey wow, a positive comment!

Primeval12

Quote from: Shane on July 25, 2024, 07:22:49 PM
Quote from: Primeval12 on July 25, 2024, 07:18:36 PMThat paint job of the unknown theropod PNSO levels of good!

Hey wow, a positive comment!

It's well-earned!

Fembrogon

I just saw the photos on Safari Ltd's Facebook page and had a jolt of adrenaline from it. So exciting to see new Safari dinos again!
The extant dinos look gorgeous too.  ;)

marisaura

the raptor and the mystery theropod look fantastic. the feather crest is a nice touch that sets the raptor apart from the others safari has made, and the paint job on the other theropod looks to be one of their best. looking forward to getting the details on these!

Shane

Quote from: marisaura on July 25, 2024, 07:54:17 PMthe raptor and the mystery theropod look fantastic. the feather crest is a nice touch that sets the raptor apart from the others safari has made, and the paint job on the other theropod looks to be one of their best. looking forward to getting the details on these!

Full product pages with will be up shortly after the end of Comic Con.

I'm excited for people to see that particular theropod, because I do think it is a step up in terms of paint, especially.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: