News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2024

Started by Halichoeres, February 01, 2024, 10:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

From Safari's Insagram, credit to MudpupWaterdog on the Animal Toy Forum for posting it:

It looks like three new theropods are coming!

Pliosaurking

Quote from: Sim on July 25, 2024, 02:40:51 AMFrom Safari's Insagram, credit to MudpupWaterdog on the Animal Toy Forum for posting it:

Left to right I'm geussing
Austroraptor, idk about the middle one and Torvosaurus?
It will be interesting to see what they turn out to be anyhow, I'm hoping those 2 are correct as I'd love to see both!

TheCambrianCrusader

Quote from: Sim on July 25, 2024, 02:40:51 AMFrom Safari's Insagram, credit to MudpupWaterdog on the Animal Toy Forum for posting it:

The one on the left looks like some kind of dromaeosaur, maybe an Austroraptor? Idk why but my gut is saying the one on the right is a Torvosaurus but who knows. That bearded vulture looks really nice

TheCambrianCrusader

Oh wow avatar_Pliosaurking @Pliosaurking we came to the same conclusion immediately lol

Sim

I should have said five theropods, since the bearded vulture and osprey are theropods too!  But I forgot about that in the excitement!  I too think the one on the left is Austroraptor, or maybe Buitreraptor.  And the one on the right I too am guessing is Torvosaurus.  It's almost 3AM here and being up so late was unintended but has ended up rewarding!  ;D

Sim

Looking at the one on the right some more, I think it could be Herrerasaurus too, the long arms make me think it..  I have no idea what the one in the middle is!

Sim

Okay, my final guesses are Austroraptor, Torvosaurus, and an abelisaurid for the one in the middle.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I'm not sure what we're seeing on the far right, but perhaps some kind of prehistoric mammal? The limbs look a little too robust for Amphicyon or Thylacoleo. Or maybe some kind of bear, probably modern if so. Perhaps diprotodon?
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Flaffy

Exciting, but all I'm hoping is that there won't be as significant a delay between announcement and release for these "2024" figures compared to the "2023" ones.

SidB

Quote from: Flaffy on July 25, 2024, 11:42:14 AMExciting, but all I'm hoping is that there won't be as significant a delay between announcement and release for these "2024" figures compared to the "2023" ones.
You've called that right!

SpartanSquat

I hope they will show close shots! i hope one of them is a torvo!

Shane

Quote from: Flaffy on July 25, 2024, 11:42:14 AMExciting, but all I'm hoping is that there won't be as significant a delay between announcement and release for these "2024" figures compared to the "2023" ones.

Many of these should be in before the end of the year, barring any issues. There may be some that end up coming in early in 2025.

SidB

Shane

Also, it's not all theropods, there's another Prehistoric World figure that isn't shown in that teaser.

Mattyonyx

We managed to take a screenshot of the Instagram story, right when the animated cartoon eye GIF covering the grey theropod was disappearing.
https://www.instagram.com/p/C92TsE2Iz3I/?img_index=4
Could it be Nanuqsaurus?

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

GojiraGuy1954

Seems like Austroraptor, Nanuqsaurus, and Torvosaurus to me

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Shane on July 25, 2024, 02:52:55 PMAlso, it's not all theropods, there's another Prehistoric World figure that isn't shown in that teaser.

Only four this year?

Shane

What is being shown is what is in production or very near to production.

There are other items in development, they may be revealed later but probably won't be available til next year.

Shane

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on July 25, 2024, 04:49:35 PMSeems like Austroraptor, Nanuqsaurus, and Torvosaurus to me

Very close.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: