News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What would we like Safari to make?

Started by Sim, March 04, 2024, 05:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Safari's prehistoric releases have been corresponding well with what customers want.  It's been a few years since the last time we did polls for what we'd like Safari to make and Safari has made almost all of the most requested theropods.  I thought now would be a good time to have polls for what we'd most like Safari to make!  They might be helpful to Safari, and I think they'll be fun!

Each poll will allow up to 5 votes.  I'm going to split them into 4 polls: Theropods, Ornithischians, other reptiles and non-reptiles.  List up to 5 animals you'd like in the poll for each category in this thread, and I'll make the polls in a week.

S @Shane, avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson, you might find this interesting! :) 

I'll start with my choices!

Theropods
Buitreraptor
Herrerasaurus (it's going in the theropod poll again as I agree with Scott Hartman that it is one)
Kelenken
Saurornithoides
Zhenyuanlong

Ornithischians
Chasmosaurus
Denversaurus
Edmontonia rugosidens
Saichania
Tuojiangosaurus

Other reptiles
Eoraptor
Hydrotherosaurus
Lufengosaurus
Plateosaurus
Rhamphorhynchus

Non-reptiles
Acanthostega
Edestus
Ichthyostega
Orthacanthus
Xenacanthus

Faelrin

Theropods:
-Asfaltovenator
-Herrerasaurus
-Tarbosaurus (I mean if we got Albertosaurus, Daspletosaurus, Qianzhousaurus, and Tyrannosaurus, then I want this one too)
-Terror bird (Andalgalornis, Kelenken, or Phorusrhacos)
-Zhenyuanlong

Ornithischians:
-Borealopelta (mostly because I would really love to see Doug's take on this, like his previous Sauropelta, or the new Stegouros)
-Chasmosaurus
-Kulindadromeus
-Scelidosaurus (or Scutellosaurus)
-Thescelosaurus

Other reptiles:
-Barinasuchus
-remade Mosasaurus
-Plateosaurus
-Shonisaurus
-Tanystropheus

Non reptiles:
-Basilosaurus
-remade Dunkleosteus
-Megaloceros (with cave painting based fur colors)
-Tiktaalik
-Thylacoleo
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

Oh, I had forgotten about Basilosaurus, I think I'm going to vote for it!

marisaura

theropods
appalachiosaurus
argentavis
austroraptor
elaphrosaurus
herrerasaurus

ornithischians
camptosaurus
chasmosaurus
scelidosaurus
thescelosaurus
udanoceratops

other reptiles
cotylorhynchus
eretmorhipis
hatzegopteryx
moschops
plateosaurus

non-reptiles
amphicyon
moeritherium
odobenocetops
sivatherium
toxodon

DinoFan2010

This probably won't happen, but imagine if Safari collabbed with Wildcard to make toys of the ARK dinos.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Sim

I hesitate to consider Moschops and Cotylorhynchus reptiles...  According to the synapsid Wikipedia page they are synapsids and not reptiles...: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synapsid

Pachyrhinosaurus

I'd like to see more classic non-dinosaurs represented. Kind of like what you'd see walking through the Smithsonian fossil hall, where dinosaurs are the minority.

Theropods
South Island Giant Moa
Struthiomimus

Ornithischians
Maiasaura
Anatosaurus annectens

Other Reptiles
Plateosaurus
Brontosaurus
Redondasaurus
Mesosaurus

Non-Reptiles
Columbian Mammoth
Basilosaurus cetoides
Bothriolepis canadensis
Arthropleura
Merycoidodon
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

marisaura

Quote from: Sim on March 04, 2024, 08:45:56 PMI hesitate to consider Moschops and Cotylorhynchus reptiles...  According to the synapsid Wikipedia page they are synapsids and not reptiles...: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synapsid

lol i'm aware, i just chose to interpret "reptiles" in a more colloquial sense to accommodate more mammals in the last section. if you want me to use a stricter definition, then replace them with simosuchus and lotosaurus.

Sim

Oh, I see!  I think I will use the "current" definition of reptile, so I'll include Lotosaurus and Simosuchus.  Let me know if you'd like to include Moschops or Cotylorhynchus in the non-reptiles category.

Crackington

I'd love to see Thecodontosaurus made, a much neglected species and very historic.

A big scary Megarachne would be great too - shame it wasn't an actual spider, but you still wouldn't want to find it under your loo seat!

A decent Doug Watson take on Seymouria would be good too.

triceratops83

After all these years of everyone asking for a Plateosaurus, I'd be happy with just that. A few people have mentioned Thescelosaurus, that's a good choice, too.

I'd like to see a megalosaur, either Torvosaurus, Marshosaurus or any other type, done in Doug's style.

It would also be cool to see either a reissue or new sculpt of the Arsinoitherium.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Tecovas

I've been begging for a Maiasaura for years and years. Or a nice Chasmosaurus. I could die a happy man then.

Concavenator

Hopefully our suggestions will be considered, because I'm seeing lots of interesting choices here! And here are mine. For each group, they're ordered from higher (top) to lower (down) priority:

Theropods

Halszkaraptor
Zhenyuanlong
Shuuvuia
Asfaltovenator
Dilophosaurus (updated, and preferably feathered)

Ornithischians

Kulindadromeus
Scutellosaurus
Tenontosaurus (I know Wild Past has plans to release one, but just in case)
Maiasaura (ditto)
Kosmoceratops

Other reptiles

Eoraptor
Herrerasaurus
Shonisaurus
Tropeognathus
Plateosaurus (ditto X2)

Non-reptiles

Basilosaurus
Tiktaalik
Aquilolamna
Ambulocetus

SenSx

Herrerasaurus
Maip
Plateosaurus

But I would like Herrerasaurus in 1/35 scales, that seems unlikely...

Pliosaurking

Herrerasaurus
Torvosaurus
Updated Ceratosaurus
Plateosaurus
Centrosaurus
Miasaura
Saurolphus
Basilosaurus
Purrusaurus
Deinosuchus
Prionosuchus
Faslosuchus
Mastodontosaurus
Leedstythicees
Achelon

Halichoeres

I would probably have fewer dinosaur categories and more non-dinosaur categories.

Theropods, not many I'm hankering for but here goes:
Shuvuuia
Falcarius
Hesperornis
Gallimimus
Limusaurus

Ornithischians:
Protoceratops
Bactrosaurus
Dryosaurus
Heterodontosaurus
Hypsilophodon

other reptiles:
Icarosaurus
Sharovipteryx
Helveticosaurus
Erythrosuchus
Eretmorhipis

non-reptiles:
Cotylorhynchus
Cynognathus
Foreyia
Laidleria
Stratodus

I'm going full pie-in-the-sky mode, because why not.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

TOOBS
I would love to see the "Prehistoric Amphibian" Toob that Sean Bell (aka Fauna Figures) apparently started to work on over a decade ago, though I doubt Safari will approve something they axed in the concept stage. A pterosaur toob and a whale evolution toob would be to die for, though.

With that out of my system though, more traditional figures I would like to see include:
Chasmosaurus
Centrosaurus
Saurolophus
Tuojiangosaurus
Gallimimus
Dorudon and/or Basilosaurus
Gomphotherium
Glyptodon
Purrusaurus
Temnodontosaurus
Any one of the Lessemsaurs or similar transitional species between "prosauropods" and true sauropods

Sim

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 10, 2024, 01:22:36 AMI would probably have fewer dinosaur categories and more non-dinosaur categories.
Safari makes dinosaurs for their prehistoric line much more than other prehistoric animals, so I made categories to what seemed proportional to what Safari actually makes.

Sim

Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on March 10, 2024, 01:58:49 AMI would love to see the "Prehistoric Amphibian" Toob that Sean Bell (aka Fauna Figures) apparently started to work on over a decade ago, though I doubt Safari will approve something they axed in the concept stage.
I'm interested in a prehistoric amphibians toob from Safari too, but I don't think it will happen since the prehistoric sharks and crocs toob didn't sell well enough and they are more popular than amphibians.

Halichoeres

Yeah, I'd love more Toobs generally, but they haven't made a new one since 2013 (Cambrian Life) and that's already discontinued. People have been asking for a pterosaur Toob for as long as I've been in the hobby!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: