You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Aaron Doyle's dinosaur models (battle-brak on the old boards)

Started by Aaron Doyle, March 19, 2013, 05:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

The new Psittacosaurus arrived today. Here is the test print. There were no issues with it and the model looks very crisp and sharp. Very nice piece Aaron !!

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Patrx

Marvelous! Definitely planning on picking up one of those. Will there be a base at some point? looks like it can't stand up without help.

Aaron Doyle

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on April 08, 2013, 06:34:30 PM
The new Psittacosaurus arrived today. Here is the test print. There were no issues with it and the model looks very crisp and sharp. Very nice piece Aaron !!

Thanks!  I really hope you like it.

If anyone else is interested here is the model alone.  It does have some balance issues so it may need to be glued to a base or at least held in place with sticky tack.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/991474/psittacosaurus-walking-1-12-scale-model.html

I have also made this version that has a base attached (similar to bases on my older figures) but of course it came out to be a few dollars more...

http://www.shapeways.com/model/1019636/psittacosaurus-walking-12th-scale-model-with-base.html

tyrantqueen

The Psittacosaurus is looking great, I bought one too.

Mr Battle Brak, you have a fan here 8)

Aaron Doyle

Hey everyone, I've uploaded this one in another pose.  He is sniffing the air either for some delicious vegetation or perhaps because he smells predators approaching.  I think it is kind of fun and should look great alongside the other two I've done.  Thanks to amargasaurus cazaui for the idea!

Once again I've done one without and one with a base.  The one without a base will likely need assistance standing.

No base:
http://www.shapeways.com/model/1013455/psittacosaurus-sniffing-breeze-1-12-scale-model.html

With base:
http://www.shapeways.com/model/1021561/psittacosaurus-sniffing-breeze-1-12-scale-model.html

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 09, 2013, 01:23:16 PM
The Psittacosaurus is looking great, I bought one too.

Mr Battle Brak, you have a fan here 8)

thanks tyrantqueen.  I'm glad you like it!

Aaron Doyle

I'm updating Chirostenotes as well.  I was never quite happy with the textures (although I'm sure it won't be too noticably different on WSF) plus I fixed the arm feathers to stop at the elbow.  This also, for the most part, eliminated the problem caused by the left knee.  I will still need to work on it some more though.

tyrantqueen

An improvement on an already beautiful model 8)

Are you going to update the Proto and Velociraptor too? Cause I'm planning to order those two in future.

Aaron Doyle

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 13, 2013, 02:51:26 PM
An improvement on an already beautiful model 8)

Are you going to update the Proto and Velociraptor too? Cause I'm planning to order those two in future.

Thanks!  The Velociraptor, being my first shapways model, is in bad need of some love.  The Protoceratops I'd like to fix up but isn't at the top of my list.  I think it holds up pretty good?  But I'll probably update both of them in time.  I also have three other brand new models in progress (The Pachyrhino being one).   ;D

Patrx

Aw, the new Psittacosaurus pose is adorable! Definitely planning on that one.

A new Velociraptor? Count me in. I have your earlier one, but my lousy painting skills have marred it somewhat, hah. I think an update could include more feathers around the neck and face area.
The Protoceratops does indeed still hold up - except that the hands should face neutrally, just like those of your new Psittacosaurus. :)

Aaron Doyle

Here is one of the new ones I've been working on, Yutyrannus...

I'm likely going to offer it in 1:40 and 1:72.  I already put in the orders to make sure it prints alright so I'll hopefully have it available soon.

Patrx

:o Good heavens, Mr. Doyle, you're going to bankrupt me.

tyrantqueen

Blade-of-the-Moon

Very nice...I'm sure I and others will have to have one !

I'm with you Patrx..all these amazing shapeways artists are doing a jig on my bank account..lol

postsaurischian

John

Quote from: Aaron Doyle on March 30, 2013, 11:53:45 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone.  It's P. lakustai and I'm working on 1:40 and 1:72 scale.  I hope to have them both up soon.
Will either the 1:40 or 1:72 scale Pachyrhinosaurus be available in frosted ultra detail?
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Aaron Doyle

Quote from: John on April 16, 2013, 08:57:16 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone.  It's P. lakustai and I'm working on 1:40 and 1:72 scale.  I hope to have them both up soon.
Will either the 1:40 or 1:72 scale Pachyrhinosaurus be available in frosted ultra detail?

they supposedly will be.  They fit all the tolerances, but sometimes they run into issues printing and cleaning.  I'm testing it in frosted detail so hopefully that will give a better idea.  The 1:40 is pretty robust so I don't think there will be an issue with that one.

and here is another screenshot of the Yutyrannus

John

Quote from: Aaron Doyle on April 16, 2013, 09:17:22 AM
Quote from: John on April 16, 2013, 08:57:16 AM

they supposedly will be.  They fit all the tolerances, but sometimes they run into issues printing and cleaning.  I'm testing it in frosted detail so hopefully that will give a better idea.  The 1:40 is pretty robust so I don't think there will be an issue with that one.
That's good to know :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Blade-of-the-Moon

That will probably be the best Yutyrannus on the market so far..and at 1:40 to boot.

darylj

amargasaurus cazaui

I generally do not paint my own models for obvious reasons. (generally inept) There was just not enough time to send this little guy to Martin or have someone else paint prior to my upcoming show however so....
I always wondered if it was the sculpt of the Carnegie model or the paint App, that was more bothersome. Or suppose Carnegie had chosen to use Aaron Doyle's sculpt instead?
The pair make a nice what if, or pose the question..which is more accurate ?

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: