News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs: The Weird and the Wonderful

Started by Yutyrannus, May 08, 2013, 04:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balaur

Nice job! I was suspecting Microraptor, and I was right! :)

Yutyrannus

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Yutyrannus

Yutyrannus

Four new pictures:

Siats

Carnotaurus

The vestigial arms were an idea to show how continental separation can change a species, in this case my other abelisaurs (Rajasaurus and Rugops) have very different arms. Also, the hallux is missing on purpose, I thought that as an adaptation for running Carnotaurus' hallux might be buried under skin. Osteoderms are also missing as I theorized that they might actually not be on the top layer of skin and might actually be under the skin.

Oviraptor

Not Citipati.

Psittacosaurus sibiricus

I thought these guys might actually be almost like psittacosaurid bison and highly territorial.

Balaur

All of them are fantastic! My favourite is the Siats! Speaking of the stories I wrote, just finished Alaskonychus. It's probably the best I've done so far.

Yutyrannus

Yutyrannus

Balaur wrote the Concavenator sequence for me :):
http://yutyrannus.deviantart.com/favourites/#/art/Dinosaurs-Monsters-of-the-Mesozoic-Sequence-11-430984432?_sid=4b40b86b

Edit: Alaskonychus sequence too:
http://alexornisantecedens.deviantart.com/art/Dinosaurs-Monsters-of-the-Mesozoic-Sequence-23-431173581

Also, I tried to write  the Utahraptor one but my computer shut down. I will probably be getting a new one in a few days so I can post more pictures and sequences then.

Balaur

Will you have a dinosaur based off of the Temminck's Tragopan? That would be cool!

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 02, 2014, 01:50:07 AM
Will you have a dinosaur based off of the Temminck's Tragopan? That would be cool!
Possibly. Any suggestions for which one?

Balaur

Maybe Tanycolagreus? Also, I can't find a sauropod to replace Amargasaurus with in Chubut Spring. Dicraeosaurs have died out long before the late Cretaceous. Maybe include Antarctosaurus. I know it's completely different from Amargasaurus, but that's all I can find.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 02, 2014, 02:52:16 AM
Maybe Tanycolagreus? Also, I can't find a sauropod to replace Amargasaurus with in Chubut Spring. Dicraeosaurs have died out long before the late Cretaceous. Maybe include Antarctosaurus. I know it's completely different from Amargasaurus, but that's all I can find.
Tanycolagreus, sure. I'm not sure about Antarctosaurus, but maybe.

Balaur

I was thinking of making a title logo for this series. Anything you want specifically for it?

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 02, 2014, 03:23:28 AM
I was thinking of making a title logo for this series. Anything you want specifically for it?
Letters that look like they're beaten out of copper. Also, are you going to make a title logo for yours? If not can I? I might be ableto do it on my new computer. Anything you want specifically?

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 02, 2014, 03:26:20 AM
Letters that look like they're beaten out of copper. Also, are you going to make a title logo for yours? If not can I? I might be ableto do it on my new computer. Anything you want specifically?

Yeah, you can make a logo for my series. Probably a sillouhete of one of my drawings in a white text in a black background.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 02, 2014, 03:29:20 AM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 02, 2014, 03:26:20 AM

Yeah, you can make a logo for my series. Probably a sillouhete of one of my drawings in a white text in a black background.
So a while sillouette of one of your drawings and a black background with Age of Reptiles written in white text ? Sorry if I misunderstood.

Balaur

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 02, 2014, 03:33:04 AM
Yes. You got that right.
Just one question: how would the white text stand out against a white sillouette?  Turning to black on the sillouette?

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 02, 2014, 03:35:12 AM
Yes. You got that right.
Just one question: how would the white text stand out against a white sillouette?  Turning to black on the sillouette?

Yeah. Black sillouette on white text. Sorry, should have specified.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 02, 2014, 03:37:11 AM
Yes. You got that right.

That's okay. Anything behind the sillouette? Also maybe a Mesozoic-style environment as the background for mine.

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 02, 2014, 03:38:13 AM
Quote from: Balaur on February 02, 2014, 03:37:11 AM
Yes. You got that right.

That's okay. Anything behind the sillouette? Also maybe a Mesozoic-style environment as the background for mine.

I think I'll be fine without anything behind the sillouette.
I can do a Mesozoic-style background for yours.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: