News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs: The Weird and the Wonderful

Started by Yutyrannus, May 08, 2013, 04:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 15, 2014, 05:21:13 AM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 15, 2014, 05:19:35 AM
Quote from: Balaur on February 15, 2014, 05:06:12 AM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 15, 2014, 05:03:26 AM
Quote from: Balaur on February 15, 2014, 04:57:53 AM
Wait, did you read the part on thr flightless pterosaurs? I just added them in., so I'm not sure if you read that.
No, but I will now.
Okay. Also, I just came up with aname for them. Whenaupepas, which is Maori for "ground flier". I selected that name because pterosaurs are generally fliers, but this one is flightless. I didn't want to leave Sos 2428 out alone. He has distant cousins in New Zealand. ;)
Yay! That is really a great name. Also you should put Sos 2428, Pikaokaia, and Whenaupepas to your obscure species post.
I will. :)
Will you draw the sphenodont?
Yes, I just got a reference for it. Also, what type of pterosaur is Whenaupepas supposed to be?

Edit: Also, can you try to find references for Sos 2428? All I can find is a skeletal by David Peters and I don't trust that it is even near correct.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 15, 2014, 05:23:07 AM
Wait, did you read the part on thr flightless pterosaurs? I just added them in., so I'm not sure if you read that.
No, but I will now.
Okay. Also, I just came up with aname for them. Whenaupepas, which is Maori for "ground flier". I selected that name because pterosaurs are generally fliers, but this one is flightless. I didn't want to leave Sos 2428 out alone. He has distant cousins in New Zealand. ;)
Yay! That is really a great name. Also you should put Sos 2428, Pikaokaia, and Whenaupepas to your obscure species post.
Yes, I just got a reference for it. Also, what type of pterosaur is Whenaupepas supposed to be?
Whenaupepas is a bizarre rhamphorhynchoid. He has a tail like Rhamphorhynchus, and a skull similar, but lacks teeth and is somewhat thicker. Also, he has very thick fur, to insulate himself from the very cold environment of this island. So, short of it, rhamphorhynchoid.
Also Will you draw Sos 2428 soon?

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 15, 2014, 05:26:44 AM
No, but I will now.
Whenaupepas is a bizarre rhamphorhynchoid. He has a tail like Rhamphorhynchus, and a skull similar, but lacks teeth and is somewhat thicker. Also, he has very thick fur, to insulate himself from the very cold environment of this island. So, short of it, rhamphorhynchoid.
Okay, thanks. I already got a Rhamphorhynchus skeletal for the spin-off so I'll just use that. So it lacks teeth and has a more robust skull right?
I'll try if I find a reliable reference.

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 15, 2014, 05:30:12 AM
Quote from: Balaur on February 15, 2014, 05:26:44 AM
No, but I will now.
Okay, thanks. I already got a Rhamphorhynchus skeletal for the spin-off so I'll just use that. So it lacks teeth and has a more robust skull right?
I'll try if I find a reliable reference.
Yes, that is correct.

Balaur

No, but I will now.

Edit: Also, can you try to find references for Sos 2428? All I can find is a skeletal by David Peters and I don't trust that it is even near correct.
You know what, from my experience drawing Sos 2428, he is the most elusive pterosaur on the planet. David Peters is the only one with a skeletal of this pterosaur, and I only found that out after I drew him using that reference. But here is my advice.
From what we know, Sos 2428 (we need to come up with a name) is a  Ctenochasmatidae. Use Ctenochasma as reference, but make sure the wings are very small (not past the elbows type small), and have maybe larger less needle like teeth. That's all I know.

tyrantqueen

Okay, I don't want to say this because it sounds mean. But, can you two possibly take this conversation to PMs? I just scrolled through eight pages of your messages to each other before I could read anything else (and you haven't posted any actual images).

I want to put these threads on my ignore list, but if I do that I will block the whole art sub-board, which I don't want to do.

Sorry, but I have to be honest here :-\

Balaur

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 15, 2014, 05:46:48 AM
Okay, I don't want to say this because it sounds mean. But, can you two possibly take this conversation to PMs? I just scrolled through eight pages of your messages to each other (and you haven't posted any actual images)

I want to put these threads on my ignore list, but if I do that I will block the whole art sub-board, which I don't want to do.

No, sorry tyrantqueen, we'll stop messaging here and do it elsewhere. :)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Balaur on February 15, 2014, 05:51:16 AM
Okay, I don't want to say this because it sounds mean. But, can you two possibly take this conversation to PMs? I just scrolled through eight pages of your messages to each other (and you haven't posted any actual images)

Thanks.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 15, 2014, 05:52:14 AM

Thanks.
Okay, but I do have one question: if it annoys you so much, why do you keep going on this thread? Just wondering.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 15, 2014, 05:56:29 AM

Thanks.
Okay, but I do have one question: if it annoys you so much, why do you keep going on this thread? Just wondering.
I'm not visiting any of the threads. Your posts show up via the "recent" tab, which is my preferred method of browsing the forum.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 15, 2014, 06:06:00 AM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 15, 2014, 05:56:29 AM

Thanks.
I'm not visiting any of the threads. Your posts show up via the "recent" tab, which is my preferred method of browsing the forum.
Oh, okay. Now I get it.

Yutyrannus

I will try to finish up the pterosaurs and Pikaokaia this weekend :).

Balaur

I have the Europasaurus sequence done. The mammal eating bit was inspired by a discussion on thr forums about sauropods supplementing their diet with small vertebrates, or at least accidentally eating them.
http://alexornisantecedens.deviantart.com/art/Dinosaurs-Monsters-of-the-Mesozoic-Sequence-46-434240987?ga_submit_new=10%253A1392455200

Concavenator

Will you consider doing an Allosaurus?

Balaur

On his creature list for the Ceratosaurus sequence, Episode 8, he does have a juvenile Allosaurus on there.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Concavenator on February 15, 2014, 05:08:30 PM
As a main creature, no. He is too well known. For the most part my series is about obscure species. I do have Saurophaganax though.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 15, 2014, 09:08:53 AM
I have the Europasaurus sequence done. The mammal eating bit was inspired by a discussion on thr forums about sauropods supplementing their diet with small vertebrates, or at least accidentally eating them.
http://alexornisantecedens.deviantart.com/art/Dinosaurs-Monsters-of-the-Mesozoic-Sequence-46-434240987?ga_submit_new=10%253A1392455200
Very cool story! I'll add it to the front page right now :).

Concavenator

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 15, 2014, 06:03:20 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on February 15, 2014, 05:08:30 PM
As a main creature, no. He is too well known. For the most part my series is about obscure species. I do have Saurophaganax though.
Cool.Saurophaganax is my fav dinosaur,so I'm really looking forward to that.

Yutyrannus

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: