News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2014 Hopes & Dreams

Started by Concavenator, June 30, 2013, 05:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which dinosaurs do you think  Papo will release in 2014?

Apatosaurus
10 (16.7%)
Giganotosaurus
18 (30%)
Therizinosaurus
7 (11.7%)
Ceratosaurus
7 (11.7%)
Dilophosaurus
13 (21.7%)
A surprise(specify in comments)
5 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Concavenator

Quote from: Gwangi on July 01, 2013, 02:58:37 PM
Like Takama I would like to see a Yutyrannus from any company. I suppose I would prefer it most if Carnegie, Safari or Papo made one. A properly feathered dinosaur from Papo would be intense.
I'm also hoping for a Camarasaurus. I know Carnegie made an excellent one but it's one of my favorite sauropods, I want another! I know that isn't likely.
An Acrocanthosaurus from Papo or Carnegie would be welcomed.

From Papo specifically I would love to see an Apatosaurus, Amargasaurus or Ceratosaurus.
Carnegie...more diversity please, beyond that I don't care.
Safari...just keep up the great work. I've really been enjoying their latest releases. Even the big-footed theropods.
CollectA...don't care, was not impressed this year. A lot from last year ended up being let downs IMO.
Schleich...don't care.
Mojo...stick to mammals. Still waiting for this years releases. Those are high priority for me.
You aren't the only one who want a Yutyrannus.I also want it!!I would really like to see a CollectA Yutyrannus or a Carnegie/Wild Safari one.

Concavenator

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 01, 2013, 08:54:00 AM
Hmmm....wonder if Dan knows anything about upcoming figures...?  >:D
Hmmm...*suspense music*.Who knows?...  >:D

Balaur

Quote from: Dan on July 01, 2013, 02:15:49 AM
Quote from: John on July 01, 2013, 01:01:46 AM
It should be noted that 2014 will mark the 25th anniversary of the original release of the Carnegie Collection.So I would expect at least one from 1989 to get a new updated sculpt.

That would be nice, wouldn't it?  ;)

Oh... oh, Dan. That couldn't be anymore coyer than it is. I totally see it. You're being so coy...  ;)

I think that Carnegie will release two new dinosaurs, and resculpt an adult Tyrannosaurus with feathers and have a baby to accompany.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on July 01, 2013, 07:01:51 PM
It should be noted that 2014 will mark the 25th anniversary of the original release of the Carnegie Collection.So I would expect at least one from 1989 to get a new updated sculpt.

Oh... oh, Dan. That couldn't be anymore coyer than it is. I totally see it. You're being so coy...  ;)

I think that Carnegie will release two new dinosaurs, and resculpt an adult Tyrannosaurus with feathers and have a baby to accompany.

It was said they were prepping for the Anniversary this coming year..so they have had time to it justice..I only hope that means a good number of new and interesting pieces.

Was it ever figured out if they were planning more figures based on that one piece of art by Luis Rey ? Recall the Brachiosaurus's coloration was based on it and it was displayed at their booth.

Concavenator

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 01, 2013, 07:59:42 PM
Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on July 01, 2013, 07:01:51 PM

It was said they were prepping for the Anniversary this coming year..so they have had time to it justice..I only hope that means a good number of new and interesting pieces.

Was it ever figured out if they were planning more figures based on that one piece of art by Luis Rey ? Recall the Brachiosaurus's coloration was based on it and it was displayed at their booth.
Do you mean that they have said they are preparing some figures for 2014,the Anniversary? :P

Blade-of-the-Moon

I do believe that was said or mentioned somewhere...I believe that was why we only received the Concavenator this year.

tanystropheus

Wild Safari Dsungaripterus
Wild Safari Lambeosaurus
Wild Safari Corythosaurus (resculpt)
Wild Safari Pentaceratops
Carnegie Maiasaura w/nest (resculpt)
Carnegie Baryonyx

Safari Ltd. Pterosaur toob

Papo Spinosaurus v.2
Papo Apatosaurus
Papo Giganotosaurus
Papo Ceratosaurus
Papo Iguanodon
Papo Kentrosaurus
Papo Protoceratops

Schleich Shonisaurus v.2 (repaint/resculpt)

Bullyland Nuralagus rex

CollectA: more marine reptiles!
Mojo: more prehistoric mammals!

Concavenator

Some people here says a brand new Carnegie Tyrannosaurus (Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex)is likely to be released.A feathered Carnegie Tyrannosaurus would be stellar,but,isn't the actual Carnegie Tyrannosaurus the latest version  of Tyrannosaurus produced by Carnegie?Isn't it supposed to be the Last carnegie Tyrannosaurus?I think 2014 would be an appropiate year per making resculpts of the classic ones,but I think the most likely is a brand-new Apatosaurus(in my opinion)I also expect at least one Yutyrannus,from CollectA or Wild safari.  ::)

Concavenator

"This latest resculpt of the Allosaurus for the Carnegie Collection displays all the distinguishing characteristics of the species, including the hooked foreclaws and lacrimal ridges.  It is very desktop friendly at 24 centimeters in length, and realistically colored in neutral earth tones, suitable for an ambush "
This is what the description on the Carnegie Allosaurus at DansDinosaurs."The latest resculpt".So,I don't think we can see a resculpt of Allosaurus!:(

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Juan Andrés on July 02, 2013, 09:22:32 AM
"This latest resculpt of the Allosaurus for the Carnegie Collection displays all the distinguishing characteristics of the species, including the hooked foreclaws and lacrimal ridges.  It is very desktop friendly at 24 centimeters in length, and realistically colored in neutral earth tones, suitable for an ambush "
This is what the description on the Carnegie Allosaurus at DansDinosaurs."The latest resculpt".So,I don't think we can see a resculpt of Allosaurus!:(
That Allosaurus is an old figure, despite what Dan's Dinosaurs says. It doesn't reflect Forest Rogers' current sculpting style. I think she could make an incredible sculpt of Allosaurus if given the chance by Carnegie.

1995 is not recent.

Also, I don't want another Tyrannosaurus from Carnegie. I like the Anniversary Rex very much, and would prefer that Carnegie update their worst models, such as their Acrocanthosaurus and Allosaurus.

Concavenator

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 02, 2013, 10:30:03 AM
That Allosaurus is an old figure, despite what Dan's Dinosaurs says. It doesn't reflect Forest Rogers' current sculpting style. I think she could make an incredible sculpt of Allosaurus if given the chance by Carnegie.

1995 is not recent.

Also, I don't want another Tyrannosaurus from Carnegie. I like the Anniversary Rex very much, and would prefer that Carnegie update their worst models, such as their Acrocanthosaurus and Allosaurus.
Totally agree with you a new Forest Rogers Allosaurus would be unleashing,and the quality on the actual Carnegie Allosaurus isn't at the actual Carnegie line.Hope can get better treatment.Allosaurus is one of the most important dinos of the Carnegie Museum of Natural History,so they could consider it.

Concavenator

I don't think Papo will release an Apatosaurus for 2014.I want it,but I don't expect it for next year.But if it would be released it would be awesome.I said to ED and said:

Mike says:
March 18, 2013 at 3:37 pm
Thank you for your comment, Papo have cut their teeth on Sauropods with the recently introduced Brachiosaurus, slightly smaller sculpts than the Brachiosaurus can be expected next year.
But there's a page called"Dino Dojo.blogpot.com"that says Papo will release an Apatosaurus in 2014(Still not sure :-\).A Sideshow inspired Dilophosaurus would be great.I think Papo should get more Sideshow-inspired figures;they are great(see Papo Styacosaurus and Carnotaurus)I fully expect a Papo Giganotosaurus.The same page who said the Apatosaurus' issue says the same with Giganotosaurus.
Hope it can be true ::)

Minnesota Jones

How about TWO Carnegie Tyrannosaurs.... each one in the exact same poses as the two skeletons on display at the Carnegie itself (the original T. rex and the cast of the Peck's Rex)?  Put them in a collectors box and add an Edmontosaur carcass in for good measure (again, like the real display).  If you wanna dream, dream big...

Pachyrhinosaurus

When it comes to Carnegie, I am hoping for a fully-feathered deinonychus, or other deinonychosaur. It has been a long time since the original trio was retired, and raptors are popularly-known to most people. There were rumors about them last year, if I remember correctly.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Concavenator

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on July 02, 2013, 08:45:56 PM
When it comes to Carnegie, I am hoping for a fully-feathered deinonychus, or other deinonychosaur. It has been a long time since the original trio was retired, and raptors are popularly-known to most people. There were rumors about them last year, if I remember correctly.
Not exactly.(I think).Sometimes in the Carnegie Collection someone puts dinosaurs in the page dinosaur names (without know reason,he/she just puts the name because he/she thinks it is likely to be released,his/her expectations or just dreams.And appeared the Deinonychus along with Einosaurus.The same happened me on April,I was surfing in the Internet,visited the page and appeared a 2014 Carnegie Kosmoceratops.I was very excited but some days later it disappeared.Anyway I think Deinonychus(or another feathered dromaeosaurid)is likely to be released in the future,because people suggest it a lot and these things

Gwangi

Quote from: Minnesota Jones on July 02, 2013, 06:55:38 PM
How about TWO Carnegie Tyrannosaurs.... each one in the exact same poses as the two skeletons on display at the Carnegie itself (the original T. rex and the cast of the Peck's Rex)?  Put them in a collectors box and add an Edmontosaur carcass in for good measure (again, like the real display).  If you wanna dream, dream big...

That would be fantastic!

Daspletodave

Carnegie is the ultimate museum line, but sure has a lot of dead wood in their line up. IMO they should retire every dino from 1989 to 2003, of course not all at one time. They should replace the more popular dinos with new scuplts - that means a new Allosaurus, Stegosaurus, Apatosaurus, Iguanodon, T-Rex, Triceratops, Kronosaurus, Pteranodon, etc. I'd like to see them do 3 dinos a year - one brand new species and two resculpts.
On another note, Carnegie is also missing some very important dinosaur types in their line up - the ornithomimids, primitive sauropods, herrerasauridae, therizinosauridae, troodontidae, lesothosauria, heterodontosauria, hypsilophodontidae, and nodosaurids. I'd like to see them fill in at least some of these dinosaur groups.

Dan

This product description was true when I first wrote it a few years ago, and it is still true today. Being the most recent version does not mean something cannot be old as well, because we can also say that the current Carnegie Apatosaurus is also the most recent version.

Gwangi

Quote from: Daspletodave on July 03, 2013, 01:46:53 AM
On another note, Carnegie is also missing some very important dinosaur types in their line up - the ornithomimids, primitive sauropods, herrerasauridae, therizinosauridae, troodontidae, lesothosauria, heterodontosauria, hypsilophodontidae, and nodosaurids. I'd like to see them fill in at least some of these dinosaur groups.

Carnegie does have a Plateosaurus for the primitive sauropods and Beipiaosaurus for the therizinosauridae but I agree, it would be nice to see some more diversity in the line. Unbelievable that haven't done a nodosaurid yet. In fact, I think Ankylosaurus is their only ankylosaur but at least it is a good one. Even Battat had a nodosaurid.

Concavenator

In my opinion,the Carnegie Apatosaurus is a bit"old".In 2008 released a resculpt of the old Diplodocus.
In 2012 Carnegie released a striking Brachiosaurus.If I remember correctly someone said last year that the rest of sculpts were for 2014.It could be more scientifically accurate(its actual neck position is not correct and drags its tail(also incorect for diplodocids),plus the paintjob,who could be more colorful.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: