News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2014 Hopes & Dreams

Started by Concavenator, June 30, 2013, 05:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which dinosaurs do you think  Papo will release in 2014?

Apatosaurus
10 (16.7%)
Giganotosaurus
18 (30%)
Therizinosaurus
7 (11.7%)
Ceratosaurus
7 (11.7%)
Dilophosaurus
13 (21.7%)
A surprise(specify in comments)
5 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 60

therizinosaurus

As much as I love the Carnegie collection, my biggest gripe is their move away from 1/40 scale. I'd like to see Carnegie do more small models, similar to the protoceratops and dimetrodon from 1988, in the future. That's not likely though, I know.

Concavenator

Quote from: Daspletodave on July 03, 2013, 01:46:53 AM
Carnegie is the ultimate museum line, but sure has a lot of dead wood in their line up. IMO they should retire every dino from 1989 to 2003, of course not all at one time. They should replace the more popular dinos with new scuplts - that means a new Allosaurus, Stegosaurus, Apatosaurus, Iguanodon, T-Rex, Triceratops, Kronosaurus, Pteranodon, etc. I'd like to see them do 3 dinos a year - one brand new species and two resculpts.
On another note, Carnegie is also missing some very important dinosaur types in their line up - the ornithomimids, primitive sauropods, herrerasauridae, therizinosauridae, troodontidae, lesothosauria, heterodontosauria, hypsilophodontidae, and nodosaurids. I'd like to see them fill in at least some of these dinosaur groups.
What about a Carnegie Therizinosaurus?It would be really exciting,we must see moar Therizinosaurus figures.A  feathered Carnegie Therizinosaurus would be nice.

amargasaurus cazaui

They already made one, Two if you count the Dinosaurs of China piece and somehow forgive the lack of feathers for it.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Concavenator

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on July 03, 2013, 09:32:05 PM
They already made one, Two if you count the Dinosaurs of China piece and somehow forgive the lack of feathers for it.
The Therizinosaurus is not Wild Safari,it is from the line Great Dinos.The other one is discontinued.I mean a Carnegie Collectibles Therizinosaurus

amanda

Mostly I'd just like to see more ceratopsians. From either Carnegie/Wild Safari, or even more from Papo. (Mainly because of the texture and detail, but also for the non-neutral poses.) I'd also like to see a well done nodosaur, from Carnegie or Wild Safari. I like Papo's detail, but their ankylosaurus is SO wrong, I hold no hope for a decent nodosaur. An Apatosaurus from Papo would be interesting, but likely wrong in some important details, like the neck bulk and shape. But a redone Carnegie would be welcome.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Juan Andrés on July 03, 2013, 09:58:44 PM
The Therizinosaurus is not Wild Safari,it is from the line Great Dinos.The other one is discontinued.I mean a Carnegie Collectibles Therizinosaurus
Yes but essentially semantics, at the end of the day, all of the sets are still made by.........Safari or at least were right
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

John

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on July 03, 2013, 10:41:45 PM
Quote from: Juan Andrés on July 03, 2013, 09:58:44 PM
Yes but essentially semantics, at the end of the day, all of the sets are still made by.........Safari or at least were right
If there were to be a therizinosaurian,I would rather see something that would require a bit less guesswork than Therizinosaurus itself.I would prefer something like the much more well known Falcarius utahensis. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Takama

Quote from: Gwangi on July 03, 2013, 03:04:11 AM
On another note, Carnegie is also missing some very important dinosaur types in their line up - the ornithomimids, primitive sauropods, herrerasauridae, therizinosauridae, troodontidae, lesothosauria, heterodontosauria, hypsilophodontidae, and nodosaurids. I'd like to see them fill in at least some of these dinosaur groups.

Carnegie does have a Plateosaurus for the primitive sauropods and Beipiaosaurus for the therizinosauridae but I agree, it would be nice to see some more diversity in the line. Unbelievable that haven't done a nodosaurid yet. In fact, I think Ankylosaurus is their only ankylosaur but at least it is a good one. Even Battat had a nodosaurid.
Carnegie did make a euoplocephalus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on July 03, 2013, 11:54:18 PM

Carnegie does have a Plateosaurus for the primitive sauropods and Beipiaosaurus for the therizinosauridae but I agree, it would be nice to see some more diversity in the line. Unbelievable that haven't done a nodosaurid yet. In fact, I think Ankylosaurus is their only ankylosaur but at least it is a good one. Even Battat had a nodosaurid.

That they did. I would say he's a bit rough..but that would be understating it.. lol

therizinosaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 04, 2013, 02:45:56 AM

That they did. I would say he's a bit rough..but that would be understating it.. lol

But hey, he's still better than a lot of those other early carnegies...*cough*stegosaurus*cough*  ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: therizinosaurus on July 04, 2013, 06:01:36 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 04, 2013, 02:45:56 AM

But hey, he's still better than a lot of those other early carnegies...*cough*stegosaurus*cough*  ;)

He really doesn't even have feet though.. lol   I have a soft spot for the ol' Steggie...he was my first/second Carnegie. I actually received him and the Brachiosaurus at the same time from my grandmother who picked them in Disney World when  I was really little.

Concavenator

Hmmm...Last year Concavenator was announced in 1st September.Wonder if also they'll be announce them soon...  ::)

tyrantqueen

I don't want an archeopteryx to be honest...not when the line badly needs updating with new sculpts. Carnegie is supposed to be a esteemed, museum approved line, right? That's a bit misleading when we have models like this-

...that are painfully outdated.

Concavenator

Four days more of voting! :D.Cheers!

Concavenator

Last year we also saw this guy:

What is it?An exclusive piece,a new release...?
I am confused with it :-\.If someone could explain,I would be grateful :)

morrijos

Based on Safari Ltd's Facebook comments, and other indications, I believe it's almost certain that will be producing an Archaeopteryx in 2014 or, 2015 at the latest. 

suspsy

I want Papo to re-release the Tyrannosaurus Rex figures with added feathers. :D
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Dinomaster

Archaeopteryx and yutyrannus from carnegie or wild safari
A sauropod from papo
That's all I want
"ROAR"-T.Rex

ChrisLikesDinos

Oh wow, I didn't know the new Carnegie Dinosaurs were still unknown. Thank god I edited my post in the other thread, haha. Anyways, I think people will like what they have in store as long as they don't expect something 'rare' or exotic.

Daspletodave

To Juan Andres:
The mammoth calf is from Bullyland. It's roughly 3.5 inches long and stands about 3.5 inches high.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: