News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2014 Hopes & Dreams

Started by Concavenator, June 30, 2013, 05:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which dinosaurs do you think  Papo will release in 2014?

Apatosaurus
10 (16.7%)
Giganotosaurus
18 (30%)
Therizinosaurus
7 (11.7%)
Ceratosaurus
7 (11.7%)
Dilophosaurus
13 (21.7%)
A surprise(specify in comments)
5 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Megalosaurus

Hi there.
Let me share my dream to you. I'd like to see a Trilobite toob, one that contains different species. Here are a few samples:

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

tyrantqueen

QuoteWell,but at least we know some facts:(based on that he works for the Carnegie  museum,and thise people know about upcoming Safari Ltd.figures)
-It will be more than 1 Carnegie( yippee  :)) !)
-It will be more than 1 resculpt.
I'd like to believe it's true, because the Carnegie line, is, in my opinion, a much better line than its little brother (the Safari line) is right now. More dinosaurs from them would be a dream come true. But I am just a bit skeptical, so I'll take it with a grain of salt, no offense to anyone :-\

Btw, does anyone know the last time Carnegie treated us with more than just one model per year? Or has it always been this way?

David Phantomhive

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 07, 2013, 12:00:34 AM
QuoteWell,but at least we know some facts:(based on that he works for the Carnegie  museum,and thise people know about upcoming Safari Ltd.figures)
I'd like to believe it's true, because the Carnegie line, is, in my opinion, a much better line than its little brother (the Safari line) is right now. More dinosaurs from them would be a dream come true. But I am just a bit skeptical, so I'll take it with a grain of salt, no offense to anyone :-\

Btw, does anyone know the last time Carnegie treated us with more than just one model per year? Or has it always been this way?

I have been using this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnegie_collection in my research, and it appears to be pretty accurate as far as releases.   ;D

Takama

The Wikipedia page sometimes does not know what its talking about, and compltely lies.  lt year, It said that there would be a Baluar figure for this year. and this year it ssad there  would be  a Kosmoceratops next year, (BTW this was shot down by Safari Themselves)

David Phantomhive

Quote from: Takama on August 07, 2013, 02:30:01 AM
The Wikipedia page sometimes does not know what its talking about, and compltely lies.  lt year, It said that there would be a Baluar figure for this year. and this year it ssad there  would be  a Kosmoceratops next year, (BTW this was shot down by Safari Themselves)

Where in this article do you see anything about a Balaur or Kosmoceratops?  ??? 

Concavenator

Well ,Safari said there's no much longer to wait until we see their new dinosaurs..They said early in the fall.
Quote from: David Phantomhive on August 07, 2013, 02:41:59 AM
Quote from: Takama on August 07, 2013, 02:30:01 AM

Where in this article do you see anything about a Balaur or Kosmoceratops?  ??? 
I would love to see to see a Balaur or a Kosmoceratops from them,of course.In April the Kosmoceratops appeared the first time in Wikipedia,bit a while after it disappeared.It's just a person's random guesses/wishes.
Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 07, 2013, 12:00:34 AM

The last time Carnegie released more than a figure a year was in 2011.They released Carnotaurus & Miragaia.Hopefully,we'll see them on late September  :)

ChrisLikesDinos

Carnegie will have more than one.

tyrantqueen

QuoteThe last time Carnegie released more than a figure a year was in 2011.They released Carnotaurus & Miragaia.Hopefully,we'll see them on late September
Not sure why I didn't remember that, considering it was pretty recent :-\ But it gives me hope.

Concavenator

Fingers crossed It'll be a new Allosaurus or a new Apatosaurus.Maybe both  8) .

Splonkadumpocus

Probably a new Apatosaurus. Carnegie updated their Diplodocus in 2008 and their Brachiosaurus in 2012 (although they could have kept the older Brachiosaurus alongside the new one and relabeled it Giraffatitan). Apatosaurus is the only remaining sauropod from 1988 to not receive a resculpt.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Splonkadumpocus on August 09, 2013, 03:39:36 AM
Probably a new Apatosaurus. Carnegie updated their Diplodocus in 2008 and their Brachiosaurus in 2012 (although they could have kept the older Brachiosaurus alongside the new one and relabeled it Giraffatitan). Apatosaurus is the only remaining sauropod from 1988 to not receive a resculpt.
If this is true, I'll be a happy collector.

crankydinosaur

I would love to see a non Woolly Mammoth (M. columbi) a Moropus, Coryphodon, and a Barylambda

Tyrannosaurid lover

A dilophosaurus.
Seriusly, considering a verry famus animalis surprising the lack of figures
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

ChrisLikesDinos

Nope.

(Don't get me wrong, I would love that.. but its not one of the new Dinos)

Takama

Quote from: Masiakasaurus on August 15, 2013, 01:20:29 AM

Nope.

are you alowed to say if theres a Theropod or not?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Tyrannosaurid lover on August 14, 2013, 08:00:42 PM
A dilophosaurus.
Seriusly, considering a verry famus animalis surprising the lack of figures

Edited your post for language, please try to watch it, as we have some younger members.

A lack of figures ? There are quite few Dilophosaurus figures out there..Safari alone makes three of them..plus the mini one.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nope.

Darn..well I can't say I'm not a little disappointed..but it's time will come.  I'm hoping as far as resculpts go the Allosaurus and Stegosaurus get the treatment they deserve..and they would make a nice pair.

Splonkadumpocus

Quote from: crankydinosaur on August 13, 2013, 11:19:24 PM
I would love to see a non Woolly Mammoth (M. columbi) a Moropus, Coryphodon, and a Barylambda

I'd personally like an Arctodus.

tyrantqueen

Nope.

Oh, that's disappointing :(

Sorry if this sounds rude, but how do you know this?

crankydinosaur

Quote from: Splonkadumpocus on August 15, 2013, 03:14:13 AM
Quote from: crankydinosaur on August 13, 2013, 11:19:24 PM

I'd personally like an Arctodus.

Me too I'd love some more representation of carnivores like the bear dogs and dog bears!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: