News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Top notch new acquisitions and pictures, as always!

Flaffy

Amazing photos as usual!
Do you also happen to have the Safari Protoceratops(s) to compare with the Wild Past one?

DinoToyCollector

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian
Very nice pictures as always! Thanks for featuring my little friend in your collection and it's nice to see it in comparison with all the other figures. I'm glad the box is appreciated as well. There were a lot of design revisions until this little box could carry so much informations without getting unsightly.

Quote from: Flaffy on January 23, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
Amazing photos as usual!
Do you also happen to have the Safari Protoceratops(s) to compare with the Wild Past one?

I would really like to see that, too  :)

Concavenator

Yes, a comparison of Wild Past's Protoceratops with the old Carnegie version would be interesting. I basically take the Wild Past version as an update to the Carnegie one  8)

It would be interesting to see a comparison with Eofauna's Giganotosaurus, given that those 2 are both in 1:35 scale  ;)

Shonisaurus

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector By the way, my protoceratops with Wild Past's nest have not yet been received at my home. And I have the worry of being lost considering that there is no one in my home (after the death of my mother) and especially without anyone being able to pick it up since my concierge died in a tragic mountain accident almost two weeks ago.  :-\

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 25, 2020, 11:39:47 AM
avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector By the way, my protoceratops with Wild Past's nest have not yet been received at my home. And I have the worry of being lost considering that there is no one in my home (after the death of my mother) and especially without anyone being able to pick it up since my concierge died in a tragic mountain accident almost two weeks ago.  :-\

That's a tragic story with your concierge  :(. I can only lower your worries about the Protoceratops: I sent your Protoceratops away on 18th January. Minimum time of delivery is 9 working days for you. So it should appear next Wednesday or Thursday. If you have any more worries on that please PM me or use the thread on Wild Past. I'll answer questions as soon as possible :)

Shonisaurus

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector Thank you for the prompt reply in case I receive it (whenever) I will answer you (leave a message) and put the highest possible score.

On the other hand, in case of not receiving it, I will send you a personal PM to your Wild Past store. What matters least to me is the pecuniary character of the product that really interests me is the sentimental character that said dinosaur toy has for me (I am in love with animals and especially with dinosaurs and extinct animals). In the worst case I would ask you for another new figure.

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you all for the comments!

Quote from: Flaffy on January 23, 2020, 06:30:00 PM

I do not have any of Safari's Protoceratops figures. The Carnegie figure I gave away to the son of a friend a long time ago
with all the other 1988/89 figures - except for the three sauropods (today I'm glad I kept these) and the toob figure I've never
owned. I hope that some other DTF members will post these pictures soon. I guess especially the toob figure (brown variant)
will make a good pair with Wild Horizon's.

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on January 25, 2020, 09:31:33 AM
Very nice pictures as always! Thanks for featuring my little friend in your collection and it's nice to see it in comparison with all the other figures. I'm glad the box is appreciated as well. There were a lot of design revisions until this little box could carry so much informations without getting unsightly.

:D  I'm glad you like the pics. The box is a beautiful gimmick!

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 25, 2020, 11:39:47 AM
.......  I have the worry of being lost considering that there is no one in my home (after the death of my mother) and especially without anyone being able to pick it up since my concierge died in a tragic mountain accident almost two weeks ago.  :-\

These are tragic losses. I empathize with you and hope you can keep your head up. Better times will come!

Quote from: Concavenator on January 25, 2020, 10:11:55 AM
It would be interesting to see a comparison with Eofauna's Giganotosaurus, given that those 2 are both in 1:35 scale  ;)

Here you go:

Shonisaurus

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian I congratulate you on your new acquisitions, the Wild Past protoceratops is an extraordinary treat for a collector as is my case and I am glad you already have it in your collection. It makes a very good couple with Eofauna giganotosaurus. :)

postsaurischian

:-[  Argh! I've just realized that DinoToyCollector already posted a comparison pic of Giganotosaurus and Protoceratops.
                Well, now we have one more.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:)  Desmatosuchus
                                                                    two pretty different interpretative approaches by
                                                     Schleich (above) & Safari Prehistoric Crocodiles Toob (below)

Shonisaurus

I really like Schleich's desmatosuchus more than Safari is better finished. I congratulate you for those photos and for those two collectible figures.

postsaurischian

:)

~ •    CollectA Fukuiaurus    • ~
                                                                          originally sculpted by Matthias Geiger

next to CollectA's Mantellisaurus:

my little Fukuisaurus collection (from left to right)
                           Favorite Museum Softmodel    •    CollectA    •    Kaiyodo Dinosaur Expo 2007    •    Favorite mini models

Ikessauro

Your pictures are so good you make really small models look like large sculptures! Great job and congrats on the acquisition!

ceratopsian

As always, beautiful photos. Thanks especially for showing the Fukuisaurus with Mantellisaurus. Now I know exactly how big it is!

postsaurischian

:D  Thanks Patrick & Elizabeth avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian! All three new CollectAs I got are lovely models. Number two is .....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

~ •    CollectA Protoceratops Deluxe    • ~

Kaiyodo's Dinotales No.96A and Wild Past's 1:35 figure serve as youngsters here

Beasts of the Mesozoic Velociraptor makes the acquaintance of a ceratopsian beak's strong bite and is losing an arm

Libraraptor

Shonisaurus

Nice diorama of protoceratops! I congratulate you, it was great. Awesome!

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you for the comments! A strong year for CollectA. I can't wait for Caviramus and Lisowicia. But first comes .....

~ •    CollectA Microraptor    • ~

SidB

That's as good a promo for this figure as any!

Libraraptor

Strong CollectA figures so far, albeit the Microraptor has weak teeth.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: