News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arul

DarkPhantom

These sadden me a little. I'm working on a diorama now, and these have me completely outclassed. lol

postsaurischian

:) Thanks for the comments!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Almost exactly 5 years ago on DTF v.1, I started this thread with my Bedroom Collection.
    This might sound weird, but I can't sleep well without any Dinosaurs ;D.

> When I started this collection in 1989 it only consisted of Carnegie Collection figures, because
   they were the only ones being in scale to each other which still is an important display criterion to me.
   It is constantly in a state of flux. Spinosaurus and Miragaia are the only Carnegies left today.
   Criteria are size (roughly 1:40 -1:35), species, sculpt, colour and pose. Room layout is important here!

:)  This is how it looks today:

BATTAT  Gallimimus, Pachycephalosaurus, Utahraptor    BULLYLAND  Pteranodon sternbergi, Edaphosaurus
                                       COLLECTA  Herrerasaurus, Pteranodon longiceps    COLORATA  Dsungaripterus, Quetzalcoatlus
                                                               FAVORITE  Parasaurolophus    GALILEO  Euoplocephalus
        KAIYODO  Camarasaurus, Coelophysis, Eryops, Maiasaura, Meiolania, Oviraptor, Protoceratops, Rutiodon, Tapejara, Trochosaurus, Velociraptor
                                               MO MODELS  Diplodocus    MORALES (DRAGON ATTACK STUDIOBrachiosaurus
                                                   PAPO  Allosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus, Styracosaurus, Triceratops, Tyrannosaurus
                     SAFARI  Ceratosaurus, Kentrosaurus, Miragaia, Nothosaurus, Postosuchus, Sauropelta, Scutosaurus, Spinosaurus, Yutyrannus
                             SAUROZOIC COLLECTION  Therizinosaurus    TAMIYA  Archaeopteryx, Human scale figure    WWD 3D  Troodon

kreativtek

These are amazing, postsaurischian! I particularly love the Brachiosaurus in the back, but are you sure that the Diplodocus is in scale with Papo Triceratops? It looks a little bit too small for me.

joossa

The Diplodocus is beautiful. I'm a little jealous. ;)
It's a great display!
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tanystropheus

:) Awesome, eclectic display. I also have a Bedroom Collection setup of primarily Papo dinosaurs. I was thinking of suspending the pterosaurs, but laziness took a hold of me  :-[

reinier zwanink

I like the diplodocus to
Probably very hard to find to

DinoLord

postsaurischian

:D Thanks for the nice comments. This collection has been assembled with much "blood, sweat and tears".

Quote from: kreativtek on April 21, 2015, 10:10:56 PM
....... are you sure that the Diplodocus is in scale with Papo Triceratops? It looks a little bit too small for me.

Yes, I think they're pretty much in scale to each other. Maybe it's the picture's angle because the Diplodocus is standing furthermost in the background while the Triceratops is at the sharp end.
I will take a better comparison shot of the two as soon as I have the time.

Quote from: reinier zwanink on April 22, 2015, 06:42:39 PM
I like the diplodocus to
Probably very hard to find to

Not at all :)! It's a pretty new model.

Urzeitshop / Germany: http://www.urzeitshop.de/von-sean-cooper/1918-diplodocus-dinosaurier-bausatz-von-sean-cooper.html
Dan's Dinosaurs / U.S.A.: http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/diplodocus-resin-kit-by-mo-models/

Do not believe what they say about its scale. It's at least 1:40, I would say 1:35. Here it is next to the Carnegie Diplodocus:

....... more pics here :).

reinier zwanink

Ooh that one
I noticed him before but the price/size set me off
Thanks for the tip
That model just got WAY more interesting

Dinomike

Oh boy! Amazing as always! Btw I used to have some of our dinos in our bedroom but my wife kindly asked to move them to my "man cave". :D
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

postsaurischian

^-^  Kaiyodo Dinoland 1:20* Saltasaurus - built up & painted by Martin Garratt
                     > with special thanks to tyrantqueen from whom I got the kit.

I'm not sure if it's an Araki or a Matsumura sculpt. If someone is, please let me know!
      * As with many Dinoland models this one is huge and much larger than 1:20, I would
      say about 1:13. It dwarfs the Carnegie 1:40 figure to the size of a baby.

Another red line I could draw in my Dinoland collection :). This is the current status:

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

postsaurischian

:) That's right, Dinomike! I've seen pictures of the Saltasaurus, but it's bigger and more beautiful than I've expected.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:D  REBOR 1:35 Ceratosaurus dentisulcatus
        I was a bit nervous while opening the package, because of the legs issue ... and yes, it has warped legs,
        but it stands perfectly on a flat surface, not on the base's footprints though ??? ;D. I'll fix that one day.
        Besides that it's an absolutely stunning figure, already among my favourite theropod models.

Ceratosaurism :D!!
         A few years ago I didn't have any model of this species. Now there are four. Good times for Dinosaur figure lovers!
                                           (clockwise from the left: Wild Safari, Shane Foulkes, REBOR, Kaiyodo Dinotales)

joossa

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Dinomike

Oooh! May I ask you. I've gotten the impression you live in Europe - where did you order the Cerato?

postsaurischian

Quote from: Dinomike on May 06, 2015, 05:40:37 AM
Oooh! May I ask you. I've gotten the impression you live in Europe - where did you order the Cerato?

I live in Germany and ordered it from Everything Dinosaur. Excellent service, by the way :).

postsaurischian

^-^  Favorite Collection - Prehistoric Life Softmodel 1:20  Dimetrodon  (originally sculpted by Hirokazu Tokugawa)

:D  Dimetrodon beauty!
                                                                                             (clockwise)

Paleo World Studio, Favorite Collection, Papo, Linde, Safari, painted Invicta, 1:40 Carnegie Collection, re-painted 1:20 Carnegie Collection

Arul

Nice collection  :) i choose papo for the dimetrodon. Btw, what is the function of dimetrodon sail ?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: