News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Quote from: ARUL on May 14, 2015, 06:11:05 PM
Nice collection  :) i choose papo for the dimetrodon. Btw, what is the function of dimetrodon sail ?
Display and / or termo-regulation , I believe.

Patrx

Lovely! That Dimetrodon is definitely on my wish-list. It's alarmingly under-represented in my collection; I just have the Kaiyodo version.

Libraraptor

Who painted that Invicta Dimetrodon?!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Libraraptor on May 14, 2015, 08:03:35 PM
Who painted that Invicta Dimetrodon?!

>  painted by copper :D!

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 18, 2015, 05:07:22 PM

:)   Invicta 1:45  Dimetrodon  (painted by Noora Kivisilta)
                               > with thanks to Invicta Hunter from whom I got my second one.

postsaurischian

:)   Paleo World Studio 1:10  Eryops megacephalus (sculpted by Vitali Klatt, painted by Martin Garratt)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 19, 2015, 11:04:49 AM

:)  Paleo World Studio 1:10  Eryops (sculpted by Vitali Klatt, painted by Martin Garratt)

Really nice!!

triceratops83

That Eryops is simply stunning. It really looks like an amphibian, both in the sculpting and the paint.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Doug Watson

Great sculpt, beautiful paint and wonderful shots as usual.

Halichoeres

I love that it's hauled out on a cycad log. Nice touch.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ezikot

oh, i lurked this topic so many times!
What a nice collection!
...and fantastic shots!

joossa

So cute! Reminds me of a PacMan Frog.  ;D
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

ZaZZU2

Amazing paint detailing on the Eryops!

Uroplatus

Wow, that's a great model, Helge.
The paintjob looks so real, like it just came out of the water...
We need a smiley with drool comming out of it's mouth.  ;D

Tyto_Theropod

Stunning Eryops! Looks like it could be sitting there breathing.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

postsaurischian

:D Thanks all for your nice comments! Vitali Klatt is becoming one of my favourite paleo-sculptors.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:-*  Shapeways Chubbie Allosaurus by David Krentz (painted by Martin Garratt)

joossa

Aww! Absolutely adorable. The dad is quite the looker too. Very nice looking. Happy Father's day, eh? :)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Tyto_Theropod

I agree - a very handsome Daddysaurus, and his kid takes after him! :D
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

postsaurischian

:D Thanks for the comments. I have no idea when Father's day is :-[.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:)   Holland Studio Craft Limited - Jurassic Giants - Velociraptor (1:10, originally sculpted by Ken Fallon)
                   > I bought this one many years ago in the mid-nineties (the model is from 1993),
                      and although it is very outdated, I still like the sculpt somehow.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: