News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo Spinosaurus Mouth Not Closing

Started by joossa, August 06, 2013, 07:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

Hey guys,
I have a quick question for those of you that have the Papo Spinosaurus. Does the lower jaw not close all the way for your guys' figure? I ask because mine is relatively new and I have it on display with the mouth open wide.
However, I just noticed that when I try to close the mouth, the lower jaw doesn't stay up all the way. Instead there is a slight gap left in the mouth similar to the pictures below. I think it may be because of the tongue.

^Upper left.

Is everyone else's like this? It's not a huge deal to me since I love it much better with the mouth open, but I was just curious.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

tyrantqueen

Yeah, my Spinosaurus is the same way. I can't completely shut the jaw. I'll take a photo if you like so you can compare it to your own.

Also, my Spino doesn't even stand up by itself :-X

tyrantqueen

Here ya go, just a quick shot :) Before I took the shot, I did a double check to make sure the jaw was as closed as I could get it. I literally could not get it to close any more than what you see in the photo.

He is leaning again the Papo Allosaurus' tail for support ;D

Concavenator

My Papo Spinosaurus can't have the mouth shut at all.It has a weak jaw. :-\

Gwangi

The jaw on mine shuts completely but it does have some standing issues. It likes to tip forward and rest on its hand.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Gwangi on August 07, 2013, 12:24:40 AM
The jaw on mine shuts completely but it does have some standing issues. It likes to tip forward and rest on its hand.
Yeah same here. Do you think it's a problem with the plastic sagging over time?

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 07, 2013, 12:42:59 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on August 07, 2013, 12:24:40 AM
Yeah same here. Do you think it's a problem with the plastic sagging over time?

It must be something like that. I suppose those legs just have issues holding up the weight of the rest of the model.

joossa

Thanks, guys. Very helpful responses.  :)

Sorry to hear some of you have trouble with yours standing up. I'd rather have mine not be able to shut it's jaw all the way than have standing issues. Such a beautiful figure.

Here's mine. ...just took some shots:

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Everything_Dinosaur

We have just gone through our stock after we noticed this comment thread, Everything Dinosaur has not been told about any changes to the model design but do see some slight variation in mouth closing abilities.  Most of the models we have can close the mouth fully, we think this issue might be caused by the anterior portion of the tongue being a fraction more raised in some models than others.  These models are hand-finished perhaps this is why there is a slight variation.

Megalosaurus

In fact, i bought two of those in EverythingDinosaur site.
One shuts its mouth completely, and the other has a little (minuscule) gap.
And both of them can stand on its own feet without any support.

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Takama

Ok, not meaning to hijack or anything, but this seemd to be a proplem thread for the Papo Spinosaurus, i have another one.

My Spinosaurus came to me (In Polly Bag) with these little rubs,

I told Dan about it and asked him if he had any others that were more crisp, but he said there isent much variation from my model.

Does any one elses Spinosaur have this

joossa

^Mine has it, but only to a very small degree. It's barely noticeable, where in yours, it seems pretty apparent.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Acrocanthosaurus

Quote from: Takama on August 08, 2013, 12:44:49 AM
Ok, not meaning to hijack or anything, but this seemd to be a proplem thread for the Papo Spinosaurus, i have another one.

My Spinosaurus came to me (In Polly Bag) with these little rubs,

I told Dan about it and asked him if he had any others that were more crisp, but he said there isent much variation from my model.

Does any one elses Spinosaur have this

Where did you get your Spino model? :o

Takama

Dans Dinosurs.  I asked him if he had any finer ones, but he said no(after checking BTW).

Acrocanthosaurus

I will probably just go with Amazon. I don't want any rubs on any of the figures I buy.

Takama

dont get me wrong, Dan does take care of his stock and i orderd from him sevreal times, and recevied fresh figures. But thigs can get iffy when it comes to amazon sellers. He said your better off buying from someone like him.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.