News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sideshow DINOSAURIA (with poll)

Started by postsaurischian, March 24, 2012, 11:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which are your 3 favourite Sideshow 'Dinosauria' models?

1. Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus diorama
4 (22.2%)
2. Apatosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
3. Brachiosaurus ornament
0 (0%)
4. Carnotaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
5. Ceratosaurus
1 (5.6%)
6. Deinosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus diorama
3 (16.7%)
7. Dilophosaurus maquette
0 (0%)
8. Euoplocephalus in Egg maquette
0 (0%)
9. Gastonia
3 (16.7%)
10. Mosasaur statue
3 (16.7%)
11. Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor diorama
0 (0%)
12. Spinosaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
13. Stegosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
14. Styracosaurus maquette
1 (5.6%)
15. Triceratops statue
2 (11.1%)
16. Tupuxuara maquette
2 (11.1%)
17. Tyrannosaurus rex maquette
5 (27.8%)
18. Tyrannosaurus rex vs. Triceratops diorama
1 (5.6%)
19. T-rex: 'The Tyrant King' statue
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

DinoLord

I'm a big fan of the Apatosaurus myself, but the T. rex comes in at a close second. I think an adult Giraffatitan/Brachiosaurus by them would be awesome.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoLord on June 04, 2013, 12:51:58 AM
I'm a big fan of the Apatosaurus myself, but the T. rex comes in at a close second. I think an adult Giraffatitan/Brachiosaurus by them would be awesome.

It would ! Of course given the option of a sauropod..I'd still like a big Diplodocus ! :)

rfdelgado

Still think there's an ultimate Dimetrodon to be sculpted as well....

Just got a Sideshow Stego as well!!!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: rfdelgado on June 05, 2013, 11:20:37 PM
Still think there's an ultimate Dimetrodon to be sculpted as well....

Just got a Sideshow Stego as well!!!

Ah Stegosaurus ! The centerpiece to the Dinosauria collection ! :)

boba ben

Stegosaurus is what got me back into this line.  I'd love to see a dimetrodon.  Even though it's not a dinosaur, I would love seeing a Sideshow aquatic reptile like elasmosaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: boba ben on June 06, 2013, 01:33:12 AM
Stegosaurus is what got me back into this line.  I'd love to see a dimetrodon.  Even though it's not a dinosaur, I would love seeing a Sideshow aquatic reptile like elasmosaurus.

I think that's possible, we did get a pterosaur after all. 

Simon

Well, there IS an "ultimate Dimetrodon" out there.  It was sculpted by and is sold by David Silva aka "Creative Beast"

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.281445181870694.89874.113487525333128&type=3

Blade-of-the-Moon

rfdelgado

These are cool...but I'd love to see a Sideshow version.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: rfdelgado on June 07, 2013, 03:36:38 AM
These are cool...but I'd love to see a Sideshow version.

I suppose it would be a Jorge Blanco version technically.. lol  Maybe a new VS dio ? We haven't had one in a long while. Could be attacking Edaphosaurus in a swamp with water effects or another Dimetrodon.

rfdelgado

What are anyone's opinions on the pterosaur piece from this line? Yea or nay?

Also, any word on the street date for the Dilophosaurus?

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think it's a great piece..and the only model I have of that particular pterosaur as well.  I hope eventually they'll do more pterosaurs..would love one in flight.

Looks like it's still up for pre-order now, release date still says July. Usually it's mid-late in the month before they ship. Sideshow should send a notice to those with pre-orders saying when they're in stock and when they should ship. This one might be a bit slower to sell out to the size and cost.   

rfdelgado

I ordered the Dilophosaurus pair. Do they ship this month? Can't wait!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: rfdelgado on July 06, 2013, 05:24:19 AM
I ordered the Dilophosaurus pair. Do they ship this month? Can't wait!

Hey bud,

I just checked out Sideshow's page and it still says July..but I haven't heard of anyone getting a 30 day notice or anything yet. 

I just saw Dan said Sideshow will start charging around the July 10th so it should be shipping soon after that.

rfdelgado

Just got an impending shipping and credit card charge email from Sideshow regarding the Dilophos, and also noticed that the price had changed to 269.00. Anybody else get this note?

Looking forward to this baby.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: rfdelgado on July 11, 2013, 12:44:20 AM
Just got an impending shipping and credit card charge email from Sideshow regarding the Dilophos, and also noticed that the price had changed to 269.00. Anybody else get this note?

Looking forward to this baby.

I've only received the earlier one about an impending charge.  No actual charge or anything yet.  The message I received earlier said it was still 299.99 though.

rfdelgado

I misread the email. It's 299. Sideshow had discounted the 30 bucks deposit. Love that paint job. Can't wait to see it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: rfdelgado on July 11, 2013, 07:19:01 PM
I misread the email. It's 299. Sideshow had discounted the 30 bucks deposit. Love that paint job. Can't wait to see it.

Ah okay.  To my knowledge there still hasn't been a charge or shipping notice for mine yet.

The colors are pretty cool..here's hoping the factory paint matches ! lol ;)

rfdelgado

The size comp on the sideshow website makes it seem like a small piece comparatively, but still really excited about this one. 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: rfdelgado on July 12, 2013, 05:01:19 AM
The size comp on the sideshow website makes it seem like a small piece comparatively, but still really excited about this one.

Yeah that's the only real complaint I have is the size/price.  At last I'll have a sitting theropod statue in my collection. :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: