News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sideshow DINOSAURIA (with poll)

Started by postsaurischian, March 24, 2012, 11:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which are your 3 favourite Sideshow 'Dinosauria' models?

1. Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus diorama
4 (22.2%)
2. Apatosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
3. Brachiosaurus ornament
0 (0%)
4. Carnotaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
5. Ceratosaurus
1 (5.6%)
6. Deinosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus diorama
3 (16.7%)
7. Dilophosaurus maquette
0 (0%)
8. Euoplocephalus in Egg maquette
0 (0%)
9. Gastonia
3 (16.7%)
10. Mosasaur statue
3 (16.7%)
11. Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor diorama
0 (0%)
12. Spinosaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
13. Stegosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
14. Styracosaurus maquette
1 (5.6%)
15. Triceratops statue
2 (11.1%)
16. Tupuxuara maquette
2 (11.1%)
17. Tyrannosaurus rex maquette
5 (27.8%)
18. Tyrannosaurus rex vs. Triceratops diorama
1 (5.6%)
19. T-rex: 'The Tyrant King' statue
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Raptoress

They're all absolutely stunning. But I've come down to one favourite.

I really love the styracosaurus not just because I'm a ceratopsian nut, but because it's just simply beautiful. He has so much expression to him as an animal that wouldn't be considered to have so much of it. Full of character right there. He looks so noble and proud. Like the king of the herd. He's ready to take on anything that comes his way. Just a brilliant character all round. Not to mention it's just really we'll sculpted and painted.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Aliciaraptor on November 06, 2013, 11:11:15 PM
I really love the styracosaurus ....... it's just really we'll sculpted and painted.

Because it's a Krentz :)! I also love that sculpt a lot. Highly underrated.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Apparently the Mosa is coming soon ( finally ! )

Here's a pic I grabbed from the newsletter.

Looks a lot like a big Savannah Monitor to me at first glance..pretty realistic.

tyrantqueen

What scale is it going to be in? 1/15? If it is, it would be a nice companion to Shane Foulkes' Tylosaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 30, 2014, 10:51:16 PM
What scale is it going to be in? 1/15? If it is, it would be a nice companion to Shane Foulkes' Tylosaurus.

I have my doubts it will be so large. Maybe 1:20 or smaller. We've seen the sculpt and I'm just going by that and what I've been told.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 30, 2014, 11:10:56 PM

I have my doubts it will be so large. Maybe 1:20 or smaller. We've seen the sculpt and I'm just going by that and what I've been told.
Cool, I might have to seriously consider getting it then. My first Sideshow maquette :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 30, 2014, 11:32:58 PM

Cool, I might have to seriously consider getting it then. My first Sideshow maquette :D

If you can go with the skull version..it's the most collectible.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 30, 2014, 11:38:10 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 30, 2014, 11:32:58 PM

If you can go with the skull version..it's the most collectible.
What's the best place to order from when it's released? I'm probably going to go with Dan's Dinosaurs.

Carnosaur

the sideshow models are beautiful but way outside of my ability to buy. :(

DinoToyForum

I think I'm going to treat myself to the mosasaur when it is released. I'm just nervous that such large delicate and expensive models may get damaged in the mail, as happened to my Trcic Allosaurus. I suppose it is a risk we have to take...

tyrantqueen

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 31, 2014, 12:19:50 AM
I think I'm going to treat myself to the mosasaur when it is released. I'm just nervous that such large delicate and expensive models may get damaged in the mail, as happened to my Trcic Allosaurus. I suppose it is a risk we have to take...
If you were going to buy any Sideshow maquette, the Mosasaur would be the most appropriate, I think 8)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 31, 2014, 12:22:26 AM
If you were going to buy any Sideshow maquette, the Mosasaur would be the most appropriate, I think 8)

Yes, and it would be my first  8)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Dan is certainly the place to get them from.

Adam, they are usually packed pretty well ..I've only seen damage on two pieces that I can recall...but Sideshow can replace damaged items..I've seen them do it for several collectors of all sorts of their lines.

I can't believe this release occurs about 1 year from my purchase of Shane's Tylosaurus..that's my luck..buy one get one it seems.. lol

postsaurischian

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 30, 2014, 10:50:20 PM

....... getting nervous already ;D.

:) Can't wait for the pic with the Sideshow statue in the center sourrounded by your awesome Marine Reptile collection.

Dan is for sure most trustworthy!!!
Livig in Germany I for one prefer to get my Sideshow statues from a German seller.
I once received my Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus diorama with a broken Camara tail.
I got a replacement 3 days later.
This would have been much more trouble with a U.S. delivery I'm afraid :-\.
The statues are much cheaper in the U.S., but the abhorrent taxes you'd have to pay here in Germany compensate for that. .... and there's no way for a Sideshow parcel to be overlooked by even unsuspecting customs officials ;D. Usually they're too large.

tyrantqueen

QuoteDan is for sure most trustworthy!!!
Livig in Germany I for one prefer to get my Sideshow statues from a German seller.
I think I'd probably get taxed too, even though I like Dan's services a lot. In my country, anything that is worth over £32 and outside of the EU can be taxed :(

Is Urzeitshop a good idea?

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 31, 2014, 01:41:19 PM

Yes, it is :).
Got my T. rex maquette and the Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor diorama from there. 1st class service!

The Apatosaurus maquette and the Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus diorama I got from Firestorm Collectibles, but I don't think they're in the Dinosauria business anymore, because they didn't sell the Stegosaurus and Dilophosaurus :-\.

Aren't there any British sellers?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 31, 2014, 09:28:25 PM

Got my T. rex maquette and the Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor diorama from there. 1st class service!

The Apatosaurus maquette and the Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus diorama I got from Firestorm Collectibles, but I don't think they're in the Dinosauria business anymore, because they didn't sell the Stegosaurus and Dilophosaurus :-\.

I'm not sure. Dinosaurtime.co.uk does not sell them, and everythingdinosaur.co.uk only really sells toys and products aimed at kids. Urzeitshop is good enough for me. I've bought from them in the past and I've never had problems :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 31, 2014, 09:44:10 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on January 31, 2014, 09:28:25 PM

I'm not sure. Dinosaurtime.co.uk does not sell them, and everythingdinosaur.co.uk only really sells toys and products aimed at kids. Urzeitshop is good enough for me. I've bought from them in the past and I've never had problems :)

Not only dinosaur shops can get these..any store that carries Sideshow products should be able to.
You can use this store locator : http://www.sideshowtoy.com/store-locator/

Blade-of-the-Moon

I've actually seen a complaint about this piece looking  '" too much like a pet lizard " ..lol They are still supposed to be related to monitor lizards/varanids right ?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 01, 2014, 02:40:13 AM
I've actually seen a complaint about this piece looking  '" too much like a pet lizard " ..lol They are still supposed to be related to monitor lizards/varanids right ?
That's a good thing. In my opinion, it should be lizard like. Maybe they had an idea in their mind of something more monstrous looking. The closed mouth kinda gives it a gentle look (not that that's a bad thing :).)

Btw, does anyone know the eta on this model?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: