News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sideshow DINOSAURIA (with poll)

Started by postsaurischian, March 24, 2012, 11:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which are your 3 favourite Sideshow 'Dinosauria' models?

1. Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus diorama
4 (22.2%)
2. Apatosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
3. Brachiosaurus ornament
0 (0%)
4. Carnotaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
5. Ceratosaurus
1 (5.6%)
6. Deinosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus diorama
3 (16.7%)
7. Dilophosaurus maquette
0 (0%)
8. Euoplocephalus in Egg maquette
0 (0%)
9. Gastonia
3 (16.7%)
10. Mosasaur statue
3 (16.7%)
11. Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor diorama
0 (0%)
12. Spinosaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
13. Stegosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
14. Styracosaurus maquette
1 (5.6%)
15. Triceratops statue
2 (11.1%)
16. Tupuxuara maquette
2 (11.1%)
17. Tyrannosaurus rex maquette
5 (27.8%)
18. Tyrannosaurus rex vs. Triceratops diorama
1 (5.6%)
19. T-rex: 'The Tyrant King' statue
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Simon

LETS PLAY!!!

MMMMMM .... HORS D'OUVRE ....

tyrantqueen

QuoteNot sure I'd trust it enough to swim with though..
I wouldn't trust a dolphin anyway, to be honest :X

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Simon on February 08, 2014, 05:44:21 PM

LETS PLAY!!!

MMMMMM .... HORS D'OUVRE ....

How do you know the dolphin isn't thinking the same thing... ?  lol

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 08, 2014, 06:07:33 PM
QuoteNot sure I'd trust it enough to swim with though..
I wouldn't trust a dolphin anyway, to be honest :X

lol  you never know.. ;)

Pilkington

The Mosasaur looks great!  I've been looking forward to this statue since the sneak was posted in October.  I've heard that it's pretty big but not as big as the Stegosaurus so I'm guessing it's going to cost a pretty penny.  Although I can't be that surprised considering all of Sideshow's statues seem to be going up in price.

The new paint on the Spinosaurus and Styracosaurus looks great, better then the original paint if you ask me.  However I really don't like that Sideshow is releasing repaints from the Dinosauria line.
If you wanna be alone, come with me

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Pilkington on February 09, 2014, 08:19:04 AM
The Mosasaur looks great!  I've been looking forward to this statue since the sneak was posted in October.  I've heard that it's pretty big but not as big as the Stegosaurus so I'm guessing it's going to cost a pretty penny.  Although I can't be that surprised considering all of Sideshow's statues seem to be going up in price.

The new paint on the Spinosaurus and Styracosaurus looks great, better then the original paint if you ask me.  However I really don't like that Sideshow is releasing repaints from the Dinosauria line.

I've heard the same. If it's standard maquette size I would say 250.00 though all the pieces recently seem to be pushing the 300.00 cap on pricing we were originally given.

new pic :

tyrantqueen

Is this Sideshow's first marine reptile? I don't count Spinosaurus as a marine reptile >:D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 10, 2014, 03:58:04 AM
Is this Sideshow's first marine reptile? I don't count Spinosaurus as a marine reptile >:D

lol Well that makes sense as it's not a reptile !  ;D

Yes this would be their first..unless somehow Deinosuchus counts as a marine reptile ( saltwater croc ? ) ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Jetoar

Awesome sculpture with a great details ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

When do we expect to have more news on that awesome Rex?
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on February 11, 2014, 06:44:01 AM

No idea yet. Event the sculptor has no clue what Sideshow's plans are once he ships it out.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 11, 2014, 07:02:05 AM
Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on February 11, 2014, 06:44:01 AM

No idea yet. Event the sculptor has no clue what Sideshow's plans are once he ships it out.
Hm, too bad. Guess I'll have to just wait impatiently...
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

postsaurischian

Can't wait for the Mosasaur!!! The piece is epic and probably one of Sideshow's very best!!
Argh!! It's gonna be midyear in Germany ..... :P.
As soon as I have it the poll will be restarted again. I'm sure the Mosasaur will be a strong contender :).

Blade-of-the-Moon

Here's some background on the Mosa's tail from Jorge :
QuoteI based my work on impressions of the paleontologist Zulma Gasparini, she's an expert on marine reptiles mostly from cretaceus period from Argentine. .The only reason I didn't make the little fluke in the tail is that I did not want it to be too similar to the tail of an ichthyosaur. I was trying to give my restauration the aspect of a varanid and I saw the special anatomy of his tails between the rest of lizards and completed the reconstruccion with the anatomy of the tail of sea snakes which is vertically flat like a rowing or flounder.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 14, 2014, 05:41:00 PM
QuoteI based my work on impressions of the paleontologist Zulma Gasparini, she's an expert on marine reptiles mostly from cretaceus period from Argentine. .The only reason I didn't make the little fluke in the tail is that I did not want it to be too similar to the tail of an ichthyosaur. I was trying to give my restauration the aspect of a varanid and I saw the special anatomy of his tails between the rest of lizards and completed the reconstruccion with the anatomy of the tail of sea snakes which is vertically flat like a rowing or flounder.
Interesting. That makes sense.
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on February 14, 2014, 06:05:22 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 14, 2014, 05:41:00 PM
Interesting. That makes sense.
I'd like to hear Dr. Admin's thoughts on this.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Pre-Orders for the Mosasaur Statue begin on Thursday, February 27th, 2014.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 21, 2014, 01:48:24 AM
Pre-Orders for the Mosasaur Statue begin on Thursday, February 27th, 2014.
Yay!
-Peter Benchley

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: