News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sideshow DINOSAURIA (with poll)

Started by postsaurischian, March 24, 2012, 11:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which are your 3 favourite Sideshow 'Dinosauria' models?

1. Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus diorama
4 (22.2%)
2. Apatosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
3. Brachiosaurus ornament
0 (0%)
4. Carnotaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
5. Ceratosaurus
1 (5.6%)
6. Deinosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus diorama
3 (16.7%)
7. Dilophosaurus maquette
0 (0%)
8. Euoplocephalus in Egg maquette
0 (0%)
9. Gastonia
3 (16.7%)
10. Mosasaur statue
3 (16.7%)
11. Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor diorama
0 (0%)
12. Spinosaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
13. Stegosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
14. Styracosaurus maquette
1 (5.6%)
15. Triceratops statue
2 (11.1%)
16. Tupuxuara maquette
2 (11.1%)
17. Tyrannosaurus rex maquette
5 (27.8%)
18. Tyrannosaurus rex vs. Triceratops diorama
1 (5.6%)
19. T-rex: 'The Tyrant King' statue
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

rfdelgado

I think this is a good opportunity for those who missed out the first time to pick these up. I look forward to the new statues in this impressive, fun line.

Nebuloid

Oh man I'm really tempted to pre-order the Camarasaurus vs Allosaurus. Just don't know if I can justify the cost, even to myself...
Might need a slight financial bonus in the next month !

Paleogene Pals

I often find it difficult to justify the costs of these things.  But these are also great works of art!

Yutyrannus

Definitely better than the re-released Allosaurus.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

tyrantqueen

*Hyperventilates* :D

And yeah, the colour scheme is a bit like the Schleich Brachiosaurus

Also, Carno re-release: http://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-new/carnotaurus-statue/

Blade-of-the-Moon

looks okay. I do hope the factory in China is able to get closer to these paint jobs than they have in the past.

The Apato was notorious for tail damage..I wonder if they fixed it as well somehow ?

Seijun

I am glad I have the original apato. I am not to keen on the re-release, at least from that image. The carno looks interesting..
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Paleogene Pals

Yay for the Apatosaur rerelease!  Not so much for the color scheme. Heading over to Dan's to see if he has the preorder listed.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Seijun on June 05, 2014, 07:50:57 AM
I am glad I have the original apato. I am not to keen on the re-release, at least from that image. The carno looks interesting..

The image looks interesting but the paint scheme from what I can tell is just brown and black mostly. Reminds of the original paint on the Allosaurus pieces.

DinoLord

I much prefer the original Apatosaurus to the reissue, though I have to say the new Carnotaurus looks pretty cool.

Tom_Babbey

Hey all; infrequent poster, long-time lurker here.

I'm a huge fan of the new apatosaurus paint scheme; So much so, that if anyone wants to trade a new apatosaurus re-paint for my original one, I'm all for it.  Anyone interested, feel free to drop me a line ([email protected])

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Tom_Babbey on June 06, 2014, 02:15:40 AM
Hey all; infrequent poster, long-time lurker here.

I'm a huge fan of the new apatosaurus paint scheme; So much so, that if anyone wants to trade a new apatosaurus re-paint for my original one, I'm all for it.  Anyone interested, feel free to drop me a line ([email protected])
I'm interested. When I receive my repainted Apato, I might take you up on that offer. I'm in the UK though, are you okay with shipping to my country?

tyrantqueen

I'm guessing Steve Riojas did this one too, since it reminds me of the Parasaurolophus statue he painted for CM Studios.

Here are more links of photos of the new paintjob

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dinosauria-apatosaurus-sideshow-collectibles-2001343/

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm instantly reminded of Diablo from Primal Rage. The scheme isn't working for me..outlining his lips in black make it looks like he has a big mustache...I guess it lends to the demonic feel they were going for apparently.  I also not the teeth look too rounded..not the sharp ones the original had..maybe the mold degraded ?

I knew I saw that paint job before TQ. It looks nice on the Apato as well..I just hope all the subtle tones remain once the factory starts copying it.

Tom_Babbey

Tyrantqueen;

I think it'll boil down to how much overseas shipping might be (which could be crazy-expensive, given the weight of the piece and the size of the box).  If I don't have any takers stateside, we can check out shipping costs and maybe figure something out

Paleogene Pals

So, I am still confused on what the real scale on the Carnotaurus is, 1/15, 1/20, 1/22...?  I agree that the new color scheme is meh.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on June 06, 2014, 03:07:12 AM
So, I am still confused on what the real scale on the Carnotaurus is, 1/15, 1/20, 1/22...?  I agree that the new color scheme is meh.
I thought it was 1/15.

Paleogene Pals

OK, thanks! I guess that is good for my wallet. The Apatosaur price tag is hefty enough but worth it!

ITdactyl

that apatosaurus....

my credit card just booked a flight to lalaland.... LOL

I wish they'd also release the tupuxuara.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: