News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexeratops

like a bantha!

brontodocus

Thanks all! :) Yes, it's got all we like Papo for: Highly detailed texture and musculature, conservative but well executed colouration, and a nice pose, too.
And has yours arrived by now, Helge? :) Maybe we can already see some variation in colour? Mine has quite subtle reddish transversal stripes along the neck's ventral side.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Roselaar

That Papo Brachiosaurus looks splendid! You made only one picture of it though? You big tease! But hey, no need to spoil it all of course.  :D

Eighth inventory update:

Lindberg Park Explorer model kit. Loose in box. Complete I think.

Various small JP figures, most of them from die-cast sets. Also a mini Dakin Dilophosaurus. I didn't know Dakin did any minis of their small line of JP figures.

TLW Soundbytes T-Rex hand puppet. Loose in box, still with working electronics and glow-in-the-dark eyes.

JPD1 Young T-Rex with Dino Hunter. Very MIB!

Gwangi

Are there any vendors selling the Papo Brachiosaurus? I haven't heard anything about it being out yet.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Gwangi on October 23, 2012, 09:28:49 PM
Are there any vendors selling the Papo Brachiosaurus? I haven't heard anything about it being out yet.
Urzeitshop has it for sale.

Takama

It appears its in Europe First,  it should be in the usa Very soon

Gwangi

Quote from: Takama on October 24, 2012, 01:04:21 AM

It appears its in Europe First,  it should be in the usa Very soon

Well, it better be.  >:D

brontodocus

Quote from: Roselaar on October 23, 2012, 08:35:51 PM
That Papo Brachiosaurus looks splendid! You made only one picture of it though? You big tease! But hey, no need to spoil it all of course.  :D
Oh, that was unintentionally, I've posted just one photo here and the others over here. :) I guess it won't be long until the "Brachiosaurus" is available in other countries, too. We mostly get Papo releases very quickly in Germany, well, France is a neighbouring country so we may often get them like two weeks earlier than e.g. the U.S., I guess. At least we know now that there's no further delay for the figure. :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on October 24, 2012, 07:33:16 AM
Quote from: Roselaar on October 23, 2012, 08:35:51 PM
Oh, that was unintentionally, I've posted just one photo here and the others over here. :) I guess it won't be long until the "Brachiosaurus" is available in other countries, too. We mostly get Papo releases very quickly in Germany, well, France is a neighbouring country so we may often get them like two weeks earlier than e.g. the U.S., I guess. At least we know now that there's no further delay for the figure. :)

I lookforward to see this figure in Spain the another neighbouring country of France  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Roselaar

Won't be long before the Brach hits Dutch stores then. It may already have in some cases. I'll check it out soon. In the mean time I still have plenty of JP stuff to keep me occupied. So:

Ninth inventory update:

JP Dinosaur Eggs Fruit Snacks, unopened. I better keep them that way...  :D

JP bank. Very large, will take a lot of coins to fill this one. I could store spare parts in there perhaps. Interesting use of Crash' art.

Horizon Dilophosaurus model kit. Opened, but complete. Looks grand! I'm not a very creative person, so I'll keep it as is.

Lindberg Raptor model kit. Opened, but complete. Fairly good, but Lindberg isn't nearly on the same level as Horizon.

Lindberg Dilophosaurus model kit. Opened, but complete. One of the better Lindberg kits. Still not as good as its Horizon counterpart.

Roselaar

Tenth inventory update:

Lindberg T-Rex model kit. Opened, but complete. Also a pretty good model.

JP III Dino Draw 'n Go. Unopened, but the box has some minor tears. Odd item, but it kinda fits in style wise with the JP III toy line

More JP 3D puzzles, another Raptor set and two Rex sets. One of each has never been assembled as the pieces are still in their original frame.

Brontozaurus

I got myself CollectA's Concavenator today. Pretty cool. Might actually end up being better than the Carnegie version because it doesn't look like a repaint.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Brontozaurus on October 26, 2012, 10:59:54 AM
I got myself CollectA's Concavenator today. Pretty cool. Might actually end up being better than the Carnegie version because it doesn't look like a repaint.
I agree with this. If only it was bigger...maybe if CollectA remade the Conc into 1/40 scale? Then I'd be a happy camper.

I'm gonna skip the Carnegie one, looks pretty sub-par to me.

Roselaar

Eleventh inventory update:

TLW T-Rex Tranq Gun, MIB. In working order. Cool toy, even though I don't like guns!

JP Junior Tracking the T-Rex, near MIB. Opened, but otherwise unpacked and unassembled.

JP III Raptor Attack Playset, two of them. Both have been opened but remain unassembled. Why anyone would bother opening two of these without ever playing with them is beyond me...  ???

Chaos Effect Trike Dozer. Opened and a bit dusty, but otherwise in excellent complete condition.

Still some two-thirds of the whole collection remaining...

Roselaar

Twelfth inventory update:

TLWS1 Ground Tracker, opened box. Complete, working lights and good condition.

Tsukuda Hobby Velociraptor kit. Opened, unassembled, complete.

Tsukuda Hobby T-Rex kit. Opened, unassembled, complete.

Revell Humvee kit. Opened, but unpacked and unassembled. Complete.

Chaos Effect Paradeinonychus, opened, some tears in box, but in good working order. Velocirapteryx x2, one MIB, the other one opened. Both in good working order, but with little tears on the box.

alexeratops

My birthday was recently, and boy did i get a lot of stuff!!!!!

W.S: Vagaceratops, 2012 Ceratosaurus, Dracorex, 2008 Triceratops.
Carnegie: 2011 Carnotaurus, Miragaia, 2001 Dimetrodon
CollectA (these were my first collectas  ;D ! ) :Concavenator, Deinocheirus,Nothronychus,Sarchosuchus.

I was very happy!!!
like a bantha!

Ikessauro

hey alex, quite a bunch of stuff you got there. By the way, happy bday, a bit late I know, but anyways;

Roselaar

Thirteenth inventory update:

JP Magic Rocks. Loose in box, complete. Weird item, but fun.

Lindberg Stegosaurus model kit, MIB. Like the Corythosaurus, a retro monstrosity not worthy of the JP brand.  ::)

Dinosaur paint set, MIB. To paint over those Lindberg model kits, and in the case of the retrosaurs among them, try to make them look better than they are. Fat chance.  ;D

CE Ankyloranodon and Compstegnathus, both MOC.

CE Roland Tembo and Ian Malcolm. Malcolm has some slight damage on his left side, but is otherwise in good condition. Tembo is MOC.

CE Amargospinus and Raptor Alpha, both MOC. The latter is a nice trilingual variation.

About half way there now.  :)

alexeratops

Ironically, I just went in to Michauls and  I saw the had the Safari LTD 2012s and the wild safari 2010 apato, and I got it!!! ;D
like a bantha!

Seijun

Quit insulting the Lindbergs! :D I like their retro ugliness.

Also, Brachiosaurus... That's a very interesting choice of fish for an aquarium.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: