News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Takama on November 07, 2012, 01:32:53 PM
Cool to see Dejankins has some Ads out there 8)

He should also come to the dinotoyblog/forum - we could host an ad. We get enough visitors ;)

Takama

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 07, 2012, 09:22:47 PM
Quote from: Takama on November 07, 2012, 01:32:53 PM
Cool to see Dejankins has some Ads out there 8)

He should also come to the dinotoyblog/forum - we could host an ad. We get enough visitors ;)

I believe he did on the original version. His name was Deanosaurus

ZoPteryx

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 07, 2012, 11:33:43 AM

Autumn issue of Prehistoric Times, and the Carnegie Cryolophosaurus and Beipiaosaurus :)

Just out of curiosity, do you think you could give a little summary on what the GSP Dino Field Guide article is about?  Please. ;D

Nebuloid

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 07, 2012, 09:20:54 PM
Yes, we started afresh here at V2 early in the year :) Checked my Giganotosaurus, it is labelled correctly, on my figure at least :)

Ok well, glad to be back ! Here is some proof :

paleoferroequine

Quote from: SBell on November 04, 2012, 12:59:50 AM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on November 03, 2012, 08:50:12 PM

And last, but not the least, some mammals ;D

What is that one meant to be?
It's meant to be Metridiochoerus.

tyrantqueen

QuoteJust out of curiosity, do you think you could give a little summary on what the GSP Dino Field Guide article is about?  Please. ;D
Oh, it's not about new species being added, if that is what you're after. No new illustrations or anything like that. The first part is basically GSP explaining the criticism he received from PFGTD, and defending his position. Also, he talks about his opinion on the current state of dinosaur taxonomy. Top it all off with GSP's usual smattering of arrogance and there you go.
In all honesty, it did not interest me much.

Seijun

Quote from: paleoferroequine on November 07, 2012, 10:37:42 PM

The bottom of the figure should say what it is supposed to be. I have always seen this figure referred to as a warthog.
Metridiochoerus only had two pairs of tusks.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

alexeratops

Does anybody have the WS Kaproshuchus? I feel like I'm the only one who has it. :-[
like a bantha!

Bokisaurus

Quote from: alexeratops on November 08, 2012, 02:57:15 AM
Does anybody have the WS Kaproshuchus? I feel like I'm the only one who has it. :-[

That figure is so few years ago :))
I'm pretty sure most of us have that figure ;D

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Seijun on November 08, 2012, 12:16:02 AM
Quote from: paleoferroequine on November 07, 2012, 10:37:42 PM

The bottom of the figure should say what it is supposed to be. I have always seen this figure referred to as a warthog.
Metridiochoerus only had two pairs of tusks.

It says warthog on it, but it makes a good metridiochoerus figure despite the extra tusk :))
I can safely add him to my prehistoric mammals ;D

John

Quote from: Nebuloid on November 07, 2012, 09:49:03 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 07, 2012, 09:20:54 PM
Yes, we started afresh here at V2 early in the year :) Checked my Giganotosaurus, it is labelled correctly, on my figure at least :)

Ok well, glad to be back ! Here is some proof :

The misspelling of the name is not the only difference,yours also has the scale 1:40 in the text.That is not present in mine.I got mine in 2008 when it was first released,so it was a first run model.That may be why mine has slightly different text on the bottom.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

John

Quote from: alexeratops on November 08, 2012, 02:57:15 AM
You aren't the only one.I happened to have gotten a hold of that one too when it came out early last year. ;)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

ZoPteryx

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 07, 2012, 11:06:36 PM
QuoteJust out of curiosity, do you think you could give a little summary on what the GSP Dino Field Guide article is about?  Please. ;D
Oh, it's not about new species being added, if that is what you're after. No new illustrations or anything like that. The first part is basically GSP explaining the criticism he received from PFGTD, and defending his position. Also, he talks about his opinion on the current state of dinosaur taxonomy. Top it all off with GSP's usual smattering of arrogance and there you go.
In all honesty, it did not interest me much.
Thanks Tyrantqueen! :)  So it's basically just what he's said before, gotcha.  I was hoping for some explanation as to why he included Guanlong with Monolophosaurus though, beyond the crest.  I suppose some things will just remain a mystery. ::)

Seijun

I could not resist these. Bronze carnegies!

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Jetoar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 07, 2012, 11:33:43 AM

Autumn issue of Prehistoric Times, and the Carnegie Cryolophosaurus and Beipiaosaurus :)

Just a little sneak peek for anyone who is curious...

Oh I would like to read Prehistoric Times some day  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Jetoar

Quote from: Nebuloid on November 07, 2012, 07:54:15 PM
Hi, seems this forum had moved. Needed to create a new account !?
Anyway look at this box that arrived today !

Love the little kosmoceratops , very nice little figure. Oh and my giganotosaurus says gigantosaurus on the bottom, is this normal ?

Good Acquisitions and big lot, congratulations!. I see that you have the new Brachio  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

rubicon

My Papo Brachiosaurus just got in from Germany:

docronnie

Awesome acquisitions, guys!  :)

Got my first Dinosaur:

Triceratops by Schleich
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Takama

Quote from: Seijun on November 08, 2012, 09:32:43 AM
I could not resist these. Bronze carnegies!

Are those actaully legitiment from Safari?   Or some molded knockoffs

Also,

Thanks to Pawnosuchus

Seijun

Takama: They are not legitimate from what I can tell. The seller says they are not marked, and I have never heard of carnegie or safari having made any metal figures.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: