News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

@ Roselaar

laat me raden,
de speelboer

martien
The Return Of The Mammoth's

Balaur

I have new toys! Gosh, I love these guys!  ;)

tyrantqueen

Regarding that JP Corythosaurus kit...I was always confused as to why it was depicted as a retro tail dragger, when the rest of the JP dinosaurs are modern? It kinda clashes with the rest of the series. The same with the Horizon Apatosaurus too.

Still awesome kits though.

Seijun

Quote from: Roselaar on December 05, 2012, 04:34:53 PM
Bought another one of them T-Rexes, since it was much different from the one I already owned (but still without base). Spot the differences for yourself.  ;)

They look the same to me.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Takama

Roselaar

Quote from: STORMnlNIJMEGEN on December 05, 2012, 04:45:59 PM
@ Roselaar

laat me raden,
de speelboer

Wrong!  :) It was a store called Gone with the Wind in Amsterdam.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 05, 2012, 06:15:01 PM
Regarding that JP Corythosaurus kit...I was always confused as to why it was depicted as a retro tail dragger, when the rest of the JP dinosaurs are modern? It kinda clashes with the rest of the series. The same with the Horizon Apatosaurus too.

Their Stegosaurus was a big fail too for the same reasons. The true JP dinosaurs were okay, but certainly not as good as those of Tsukuda and Horizon. I think they had both of the retrosaurs already but didn't dare re-release their old T-Rex (it stands to reason there was one) because the JP Rex looked so much different, so they opted to make new sculpts for the dinosaurs from JP but keep the old ones for non JP species.

Quote from: Seijun on December 05, 2012, 06:54:25 PM

Come now, there's at least four major differences!

SBell

Bought another one of them T-Rexes, since it was much different from the one I already owned (but still without base). Spot the differences for yourself.  ;)

The tails and eye paint are immediately, obviously different.

Ikessauro

Quote from: SBell on December 05, 2012, 08:53:23 PM

One has the tail pointing down, the other pointing up.
I hate when that happens. Then I get the feeling that I'll never have one of the variants...  :-[

Seijun

Well, I saw that the tail tips were pointing different directions, but it seemed like a very trivial difference. It could be a different version, or it could just be a case of the plastic getting warped during or after the casting process.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Jetoar

The last weekend I bought the Papo Great White Shark and I Have in my hand the the three figures of WWD, BK Ophtalmosaurus and TF Leadre Class Sentinel Prime  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Roselaar

Quote from: SBell on December 05, 2012, 08:53:23 PM

Tails is one difference, paint is another. The paint job in general is more pronounced, there's more skin texture and more emphasis on different colours (notice the red around the throat and the black stripes near the tail). Third diffference is the legs, which are spaced apart much further, while the figure sports larger feet, to make it easier for the figure to stand up straight (which it still can't ::)). As a result, the fourth (or fifth) difference is the plastic stand it rests on, which is much bigger and has the figure lean upwards instead of downwards. This might also explain the new position of the tail. I get the feeling this was Collecta's first attempt to create a better balanced T-Rex: the fact they failed is an obvious explanation for the more recent base version. Thoughts?

34th inventory update:

Another JP story book and a JP III post card.

JP service trays. These are really cool! They look gorgeous and they have fold out supports so you can make a small table out of them.

Two loose and incomplete JP Command Compounds.

Loose TLW MCC parts, or a heavily incomplete MCC. Computer works.

Various JP vehicle parts.

Loose weaponry and accessories for JP and TLW human figures.

The end of this inventory is near...  ;)

tyrantqueen

Won this pile o' dinos in an eBay auction.

There was only one figure I was interested in, and that was the Waiphoon Stegosaurus.

With a little TLC, this guy will be looking awesome :) This figure is actually a knock off of an old Kaiyodo kit.

Roselaar

35th inventory update:

TLWS1 Glider Pack, 1 MIB, one loose in box (he's in there somewhere  ;D) and missing missile.

TLWS1 DART. Almost MIB: opened but complete and never assembled.

Another TLWs1 Pteranodon, also almost MIB: complete but opened.

TLWs1 Chasmosaurus, opened but in good working order.

Pair of TLW Exclusive Utahraptors. One fully MIB, the other opened but complete and in great shape.

Last bit tomorrow!  8)

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 07, 2012, 12:42:40 PM
....... the Waiphoon Stegosaurus.

I like it even better than the Bullyland figure.
                     It seems to have three toes on each hind foot :)!

I hate ( :) ) the five on the Bullyland figure!

sauroid

i love that Stegosaurus, TQ.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Brontozaurus

Last night was my 21st birthday party (not my actual birthday, which is a month off but is in that period where everyone goes on holiday, so I throw parties early), and as befitting someone whose defining characteristic is 'likes dinosaurs', I got a bunch of dinosaur stuff. Among them:

-A collection of Dinosaurs! magazines. I have a lot myself, but I was missing the Deinonychus issue, which I now have. Also they seem to be foreign editions because they promise a lot of collectibles beyond the two skeletons in the first issues.
-The big command base set from the Lego Dino theme. It comes with Tyrannosaurus, a raptor, and a Coelophysis. The Tyrannosaurus is HUGE! Also, for once I can forgive bunny hands and JP raptors because the figures look so very good.
-A lot of dinosaur books.
-An inflatable Velociraptor, packed with some feathers for me to arrange in an anatomically correct fashion.
-A knitted Stegosaurus.
-Papo Green Baby T. rex.
-A beautifully polished fossil ammonite.

My friends are amazing.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Jetoar

Congratulations for your new acqquisitions and Happy birthday to you ! I would like to see images of your figures  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

tyrantqueen

Quotei love that Stegosaurus, TQ.

QuoteI like it even better than the Bullyland figure.
                     It seems to have three toes on each hind foot
Thanks!  :) It's pretty sad that a random chinasaur is better than a Bullyland though :-[

Roselaar

36th and final inventory update. Let's go out with a bang, shall we?  ;D

TLWS1 Electronic Velociraptor, near MIB. Opened but in excellent working order.

TLWS1 Stegosaurus, near MIB. Opened but in great condition.

TLW Exclusive Young T-Rex, fully MIB!  8)

TLW Exclusive Dino Tracker Adventure Set, x2. Both have been opened, and one has a bit of box damage and some minor customization of the figures, but both are otherwise in good condition and complete.

Last but not least: TLWS1 Bull T-Rex, MIB!

Well, I'm done spamming this thread with this huge purchase.  ;)

Jetoar

Bull T-Rex..... I would like to buy this figure  ^-^.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: