News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

Congratulations friend for your Dinosaur revolution dvd  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Balaur

For Christmas eve, I got four shapeways made by David Krentz! Giganotosaurus, Kosmoceratops, Triceratops, and Majungasaurus, along with a feathered dinosaur puzzle and some chocolate and a gift card.

It's a tradition for Polish people that, on Christmas Eve that we have a feast and open up presents. It's called Wiglia (pronounced ve-gee-lia) Food is mainly for an adult taste, some I'm iffy on, but all in all it was good food.  :)

And congrats tyrantqueen on getting Dinosaur Revolution. Hope you enjoy it! And yes, either way, they are both epic, especially in blu-ray.
Speaking of which is ithe Dinosaur Revolution dvd in standard definition or bluray?

SBell

I still await my Shapeways order...

My daughter, however, received her Papo Brachiosaurus today! That thing is ridiculous--we found them at a store that also had the Schleich and Deluxe CollectA Brachiosaurus, and it dwarfs them in mass!

Also got some 'lesser dinos' that included a Stygimoloch and Protosuchus!

If you pay attention, you may notice some odd labeling--the top and bottom pictures have their labels reversed. I only got the top set, mostly because of the Proto. There were also wild animal ones, where I got myself a hyena (and the kids get the rest!). They were at a TRU Canada.

Ammonites

Again, not a toy, but something I've been wanting for a while.  Written by Roy Chapman Andrews and a couple of cards dated 1963 by the National Wildlife Foundation.

On the back of the cards is a description and says "Cards are enclosed in packages of BrookeBond/RedRoseTea"

Roselaar

Quote from: SBell on December 25, 2012, 03:13:45 PM
I still await my Shapeways order...

My daughter, however, received her Papo Brachiosaurus today! That thing is ridiculous--we found them at a store that also had the Schleich and Deluxe CollectA Brachiosaurus, and it dwarfs them in mass!

Also got some 'lesser dinos' that included a Stygimoloch and Protosuchus!

If you pay attention, you may notice some odd labeling--the top and bottom pictures have their labels reversed. I only got the top set, mostly because of the Proto. There were also wild animal ones, where I got myself a hyena (and the kids get the rest!). They were at a TRU Canada.

Another Pachyrhinosaurus with antlers? Did Papo inspire a new look for the creature like JP did for the Dilophosaurus or something?

'Kentarosaurus' and 'Carnatosaurus', oh my... And because of this set, I had to let Protosuchus go from the Unique Species list.

Ikessauro

Hey guys
Just got a lot yesterday. I had bought it a while ago and finally have it here. I was lucky to find this lot with a BIN price (39 USD or so), had two Battats in it. Take a look.

Also some Safaris. Is this Allosaurus one of those you call "Gold Wash"?

A few U.K.R.D. dinos

The rest of the lot, several chinasaurs and stuff I'm not familiar with.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Never seen that Allosaurus before..hmm.  I'm not familiar with the " gold wash " dinos though.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 26, 2012, 12:17:02 AM
Never seen that Allosaurus before..hmm.  I'm not familiar with the " gold wash " dinos though.

If I'm not mistaken the first released Carnegies had this weird colors and because of that they ended up being called the "Gold Wash Carnegies", maybe because they have a golden look or whatever. There's a pic of them at Randy's site.
http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/CSafari.htm

SBell

Quote from: Ikessauro on December 26, 2012, 12:45:58 AM

If I'm not mistaken the first released Carnegies had this weird colors and because of that they ended up being called the "Gold Wash Carnegies", maybe because they have a golden look or whatever. There's a pic of them at Randy's site.

It is indeed from their first run--I've never seen one in person though.

And that Allosaurus really doesn't look like a Safari one. Is it labelled?

Takama

Christmas Gift.

Weaver

My Saltosaurus (Carnegie) finally arrived. Also, for Christmas my Mother bought me a Mojo Mammoth to go with the Mammoth shirt I have from The Mountain. ;)

tyrantqueen

QuoteAnd congrats tyrantqueen on getting Dinosaur Revolution. Hope you enjoy it! And yes, either way, they are both epic, especially in blu-ray.
Speaking of which is ithe Dinosaur Revolution dvd in standard definition or bluray?
Thanks. It's standard definition :)

docronnie

Merry X'mas Dino Collectors!!!

Congrats TQ on your Dinosaur Revolution DVD and other haul!  :)

Congrats Brontozaurus on your dino books and pyjamas!  :)

Congrats balaurbondoc on your shapeways figs!  :)

Congrats Sbell on your shapeways as well and Dino Adventures figures!  :)

Congrats Ammonites on your vintage dino book!  :)

Congrats Ikessauro on your awesome acquisitions! Wow Battats and other goodies!!!  ;)

Congrats Takama on your new dinos!  :)

Congrats Weaver on your Carnegie Saltosaurus and Mojo Mammoth!  :)

What I bought last Dec. 24:

Ja Ru 1955 Marx Stegosaurus 4 inches knock off - 1992 (this is made by Ja Ru, size is smaller by an inch from the Marx and has some minor changes too)

Dead Parasaurolophus

Branded

Ja Ru Spinosaurus

Hayakawa Toys Tyrannosaurus - 2010 (?)

UKRD 3 inch Play Set Styracosaurus - 1993

AAA Baby Triceratops

AAA Baby Stegosaurus

Bandai The Dinosaurs Gallery Series 1 Gashapon Stegosaurus

Happy Holidays everyone!!!
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Mauro "Raptor86"

That's what my girlfriend gave to me for Xmas!

Roselaar

Those Geoworld figures really need to be more commonly available...

Jetoar

Congratulations for your acquisitions, I would like to see Geoworld figures in my country  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Ikessauro

Quote from: SBell on December 26, 2012, 03:39:56 AM
Quote from: Ikessauro on December 26, 2012, 12:45:58 AM

It is indeed from their first run--I've never seen one in person though.

And that Allosaurus really doesn't look like a Safari one. Is it labelled?

Yes, indeed it is. Check it out.

@docronnie: the folks at Hayakawa really like their emaciated dinos right? That T.rex is so slim... but very cool anyways. Could you provide more info on those figures? Maybe start a topic about them at the dinosaur lines section.

Primeval12

I got the bullyland mastodonosaurus, deinotheirum, chalicotheirum, and diatryma (gastornis), Schleich spinosaurus 2012, Carnegie styracosaurus and deltadromeus, and the CollectA dead triceratops.

Blade-of-the-Moon

My Christmas dino haul was pretty limited gift wise,  but I did get the WS Dracorex, Acro, Cerato and finally that little Guanlong.

Now for what I got myself..heh heh..Shane was a big help there, I just to wait awhile longer for them. :)

Seijun

Ikessauro: I've have had a few Allos that look like yours, but mine have all been a darker brown. Yours looks lighter brown. Can you get some pictures of him in better light? Here is one of mine: http://www.collectorsquest.com/collectible/78813/allosaurus-original
Is yours a very soft rubber material, or a harder plastic?
I dont't refer to my allo as gold wash though. Only the Early sauropods and steg look like they have what could be called a "gold wash" color (pale yellow background with grey-green added).
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: