You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

That's a lovely Argie, I'm definitely going to pick one up as soon as I get the money :)

Although this would have been a better finished model if the owner had filled in the gaps between the joins :-X I know, I'm pedantic :X

Roselaar

That Argentinosaurus is truly marvelous! I've half a mind to find one myself, but I reckon it'd be a costly purchase...?

Simon

It will make a lovely companion to Shane's Giganotosaurus and Galileo's Carnotaurus (which I will now have to get).

I am also getting Ademar's Baurutitan - I really like its toothy grin.   ^-^

Just ordered them through Ikkesauro.

Paleo & Fish Collector

Quote from: stemturtle on February 06, 2013, 11:38:08 PM
Cambrian Life Toob (Safari Ltd.)

This wonderful toob of 8 figures is available now at Amazon.  Pricing will be lower for those who wait.  Photos are arranged in 2 groups of 4: unique and not unique. Sizes listed below are approximate.

Unique figures are listed on the DTF by Roselaar on the Unique Species Specimen Thread: Naraoia, Sanctacaris, Sidneyia, Vauxia

Naraoia, Arthropod, 3" (7.5 cm)
EDIT: Link : Relationship of Naraoiids to Trilobites.

Sanctacaris, Arthropod, 2 1/8" (5.5 cm)

Sidneyia, Arthropod, 2 1/2" (6.4 cm)

Vauxia, Demosponge, 2 ¼" (5.8 cm)

Not unique: Anomalocaris, Charniodiscus, Ottoia, Trilobite

Anomalocaris, Proto-arthropod, 3 ¾" (9.5 cm)
UPDATE: Anomalocaris should be classified as an arthropod based on the discovery of compound eyes.

Charniodiscus, Rangeomorph?, 2 1/8" (5.5 cm)

Charniodiscus is actually Ediacaran.  Thaumaptilon, which also resembled a sea pen, is from the Cambrian.  Here is a link to a photo of that fossil:
http://burgess-shale.rom.on.ca/en/fossil-gallery/view-species.php?id=122

Ottoia, Priapulid worm, 1 ¾" (4.5 cm)

Trilobite (unidentified), Arthropod, 3 3/8" (8.5 cm)

Zopteryx suggested on the DTF that the identification is Tricrepicephalus sp.

EDIT: Forgive my old eyes: looking at the belly of the trilobite with a glass, I saw that it is marked Tricrepicephalus.  The Safari catalog did not report it, just listing trilobite.  There are 5 new unique species in the toob.  Congratulations to Zopteryx.

I bought this new toob! I was pumped to hear about it!!! :D

Roselaar

Just bought these at the bi-annual Collector's Fair. Full set of Gimiki's Journey baby dinosaurs:

They're a diverse bunch: some of them are downright boring, others are really quite charming. Overall paint jobs are not as appealing as shown on the back of their cards though, especially the eyes are overly lousy in most cases (think Bullyland type eyes).The lenticular cards add to their charm by showing them as both youngsters and adults. They're not overly scientifically accurate though: the Baby Rex has no less than FIVE fingers on each hand (!), while the card of the Tapejara shows an Ornithocheirus like Pterosaur instead. The most interesting aspect of these critters is their range of species, including obscure ones like Mussaurus, Eudimorphodon, Pareiasaurus, Moschops and Montanoceratops. A decent bunch, but I still prefer JP hatchlings.

And what the heck is a 'Gimiki' anyway?  ;D

Ikessauro

Battat Tyrannosaurus version 3. Can you guys find the defect on it? I bought it and didn't realize it was broken, imagine my disappointment and regret when I openned the box. :-[ >:( If you can't spot the problem, go to my collection topic here to know the truth... ;D

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Ikessauro on April 14, 2013, 01:50:37 AM
Battat Tyrannosaurus version 3. Can you guys find the defect on it? I bought it and didn't realize it was broken, imagine my disappointment and regret when I openned the box. :-[ >:( If you can't spot the problem, go to my collection topic here to know the truth... ;D

I have this guy too, it's a magnificent figure. Luckily I got mine for free. Reading through your story, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience :( It's very painful when you lose money on something like this.

Oh, btw, how come your model has red eyes? Is it just the lighting? 'Cause mine has yellow eyes....

I guess that's the variation you get with handpainting... 8)

SBell

Maybe it got in a fight? ;)

Also, the outer most right toe looks funny-is that just an angle of the photo?

JurassicJr

Here is a wax Woolly Rhino that I got a toy show last weekend. Does anyone have any information about it?

Ikessauro

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 14, 2013, 01:54:35 AM

I have this guy too, it's a magnificent figure. Luckily I got mine for free. Reading through your story, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience :( It's very painful when you lose money on something like this.

Oh, btw, how come your model has red eyes? Is it just the lighting? 'Cause mine has yellow eyes....

I guess that's the variation you get with handpainting... 8)
Mine has red eyes. I never notice this difference, I guess we should check out other people's photos to find out if another V.3 rex has red eyes or not.

Simon

I would guess that the yellow eyes on yours are a painter's mistake.  I have seen a dozen of the different versions - and I currently own 2 of the Version 3s - and they ALL have red eyes ...

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Simon on April 14, 2013, 03:03:23 AM
I would guess that the yellow eyes on yours are a painter's mistake.  I have seen a dozen of the different versions - and I currently own 2 of the Version 3s - and they ALL have red eyes ...
Ooh, kinda makes mine a unique specimen then :)

QuoteMine has red eyes. I never notice this difference, I guess we should check out other people's photos to find out if another V.3 rex has red eyes or not.
I could make a thread :o

Ikessauro

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 14, 2013, 03:11:20 AM
Quote from: Simon on April 14, 2013, 03:03:23 AM
Ooh, kinda makes mine a unique specimen then :)

QuoteMine has red eyes. I never notice this difference, I guess we should check out other people's photos to find out if another V.3 rex has red eyes or not.
I could make a thread :o

I checked again and mine actually has orange eyes. I'll try to get a better pic when I have proper sunlight.

Simon

Reddish-orange, I should have said.

Seijun

Quote from: JurassicJr on April 14, 2013, 02:31:51 AM
Here is a wax Woolly Rhino that I got a toy show last weekend. Does anyone have any information about it?

Miller Rhino, nice catch! They are very rare.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Libraraptor

Quote from: Seijun on April 14, 2013, 08:06:33 AM

Beautiful! Congratulations!

Primeval12

My battat Rex has orange eyes 

JurassicJr

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 14, 2013, 10:09:50 AM
Quote from: Seijun on April 14, 2013, 08:06:33 AM

Beautiful! Congratulations!

Thanks! I knew that I should've also got the Stegosaurus & Dimetrodon!!! The seller also had the Protoceratops, but it had most of one of it's front legs missing.

Seijun

I dont know what a damaged one is worth, but the proto sells for a few hundred when mint. Most of the big ones sell for about 100 mint. How much was the seller selling them for? It sounds like he didnt know what he had.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Yutyrannus

Got this in the mail two days ago. It is one of my favorite books, I really like a lot of the ideas in it. It is really cool!

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: