News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Tylosaurus on April 12, 2012, 01:19:21 PM
W000t!!!! What a beauty!!
And big too by the looks of it! haha Are ya gonna get the rest!?
He's awsums!
Didn't he come with a base made of wood? Never knew he'd be without his wooden base :)
Yeah, I'm gonna get the rest as soon as I can (but these guys aren't cheap ::))

The wooden base is still here, but I removed it for the photo  8)

Tylosaurus

ahh okay :) He's big hay, never expected them to be so large :D Does the wooden base have a name tag on it or so?

tyrantqueen

^ Yup, it has the dino's name and says "Oldies" on it  :)

SBell

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 12, 2012, 07:09:53 AM
Quote from: SBell on April 11, 2012, 04:12:22 PM
Finally got my Kaiyodo Guanlong, plus a few other choice figures--Kaiyodo Pike eel, electric eel, water beetle, and a couple of other fish (from a few aquarium sets--the only sets that Kaiyodo seems to actually make now)!

The Dinosaur Expo 2009 figures were made by Capcom, not Kaiyodo.

The Guanlong is a wonderful model :)!!

You know, I knew that--I already have some of the Capcom figures. Makes sense, seeing as Kaiyodo seems to have given up on dinos even before then. 

lcamiro

DINO EXPO 2009 GIGANTORAPTOR!  :)

Gwangi

The head on that thing look enormous.  ???

sepp

ZoPteryx

Weaver

Welp, my little Anatotitan and Leptoceratops arrived today. They are so tiny and just... darling.

Sumo

I got Greg Paul's Predatory dinosaurs of the world! :D I almost like it better than the field guide, even though some of the material is outdated.
"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

meoraptor

I finally got my JP juvenile T. rex today, even though it was supposed to arrive last month.

DinoToyForum

This little fellow arrived today, and is now right at home amongst his friends.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 12, 2012, 01:00:07 PM
IT CAME IT CAME IT CAME!!!  ^-^

Crystal Palace style  8)

That's AWESOME !!!

I'd love for a toy company to make affordable figures of the Crystal Palace creatures..I would buy em' all...okay well not the mammals..but all the rest. :)

Gwangi

Where did that Iguanodon come from?

Tyrannosaurid lover

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 12, 2012, 11:56:42 PM
This little fellow arrived today, and is now right at home amongst his friends.

mmm I used to have one verry similar to this one, but mine's was red-green, and was verry little.
Who produce the Retro-Godzilla-Iguanodon?
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

tyrantqueen

For everyone who's asking, the Crystal Palace Iguanodon is made by Favorite, it's part of their Oldies range. I do plan on reviewing these guys in the future  8)

It includes a range of dinosaurs from different time periods, and their interpretations. There is a 50's Brachio and a 20's Tyrannosaurus for example.

Here's an example of their 1950's Iguanodon

You can find the Crystal Palace style Iguanodon for sale here http://www.bhigr.com/store/product.php?productid=333&cat=70&page=1#detailed

mnemosaurus

Congrats tyrantqueen, that's such a cool new acquisition!!

I love those oldschool figures from Favorite - I am longing to get that Crystal Palace Iguanodon for a long time now. And now I see your pictures: I am sure I really need it!  ;D

Takama

Original Cartoon style Neovenator from CollectA

Tyrannosaurid lover

Congrats  tyrantqueen, thats a verry cool line, Im hope see the review soon
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

Horridus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 13, 2012, 06:50:53 AM
For everyone who's asking, the Crystal Palace Iguanodon is made by Favorite, it's part of their Oldies range. I do plan on reviewing these guys in the future  8)
Here's an example of their 1950's Iguanodon
Ah, 1950s Neave Parker/Burian-style Iguanodon, I am all too familiar with you...for decades this basically WAS Iguanodon in art. Tripod pose, permanently flexed elbows and always, always a huge wattle. There's a life-size model along the same lines in various places...
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: