News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 17, 2013, 07:07:42 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 15, 2013, 11:40:01 AM
IMO the best Dilophosaurus model, apart from maybe Creativebeast's kit.

Hurra! You've found one :). Where did you get it?
I agree - it's the most beautiful Dilopho!

They must have produced it in different versions. Mine came in one piece.
Thanks :)) I got it from eBay. I have to admit, I spent over a hundred dollars on it...but I was so desperate for this model that I had no choice :-[

FUTABA

Quote from: Jetoar on July 17, 2013, 01:31:16 AM
Tomorrow is my birthday and these are some of my gifts  ^-^.

I will share images of other gifts  ^-^.

Happy Birthday. You've got some really nice items there.
I really really like blue things.

Jetoar

Quote from: FUTABA on July 17, 2013, 08:12:56 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on July 17, 2013, 01:31:16 AM
Tomorrow is my birthday and these are some of my gifts  ^-^.

I will share images of other gifts  ^-^.

Happy Birthday. You've got some really nice items there.

Thanks friend, I am glading that you like it  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Nebuloid

Happy birthday Jetoar, I see I'm only 1 year older than you !
Quite jealous of the fact that you get dinosaurs for your birthday, I always get "useful" gifts...
However I did manage to treat myself this week :

I was really pleasantly surprised by the deinonychus' size, much bigger than I thought.
And by the color of the allosaurus which I feared would be too blue from the pictures online. One of the claws of my spinosaurus has broken off though, shall need to get the glue out.

docronnie

Congrats Nebuloid!  Nice pieces you have there.  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Jetoar

Wondeful Kinto sculptures Nebuloid  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

Gwangi

Great new additions everyone. I haven't shared anything in awhile, mostly because I had nothing to share. Until now anyway, here are my recent acquisitions.

Yup, there is a little Gozdzilla and Mothra in there. For $3.00 how could I say no?

Relevant reading material.

Concavenator

Quote from: Gwangi on July 18, 2013, 08:14:31 PM
Great new additions everyone. I haven't shared anything in awhile, mostly because I had nothing to share. Until now anyway, here are my recent acquisitions.

Yup, there is a little Gozdzilla and Mothra in there. For $3.00 how could I say no?

Relevant reading material.

Congratulations on your new acquisitions,Gwangi! :).From the figures you have,I just have the Acrocanthosurus.

Roselaar

Found these while on vacation:

Yes, you can find cool dinosaur stuff on Dutch flea markets still. The Carnegies were a real surprise. I already have the Pachy, as well as the JP Die-Casts and Paninis, so those will be up for sale.

Dinoz! I didn't know they were for sale in the Netherlands. But then, I didn't know they were German products either. I found them in a store and bought them all (they were insanely cheap), a total of 54. I was hoping to get a complete set of 26 out of them...

... and I did! Here's all 26 different figures. They're delightful little creatures. They may be completely inaccurate (as is the information on the cards that come with them: I happen to know Glyptodon did NOT live in the late Cretaceous!), but their wide variety makes up for them. Many uncommon species here, and four of them still grace the Unique Species Thread (Cryptoclidus, Fabrosaurus, Janenschia and Xenotarsosaurus to be exact). 26 out of 54 does leave me with 28 double figures, so those too will be for sale.

And when I got home this was waiting for me in the mail:

The Safarisaurs are all pretty good, but the Carnegie Concavenator is a huge letdown. Such an uninspired sculpt, such an ugly paint job... what a waste! The Cambrian era toob also isn't great, the figures are rather large but lack decent paint jobs so they look kinda dull. And many of them are falt, so when their all in the toob it looks like it's half empty.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Nebuloid on July 17, 2013, 09:41:25 PM
....... I was really pleasantly surprised ....... by the color of the allosaurus which I feared would be too blue from the pictures online. .......

Dinosaurs can never be too blue ;D!

Quote from: Roselaar on July 18, 2013, 10:54:40 PM
The Safarisaurs are all pretty good, but the Carnegie Concavenator is a huge letdown. Such an uninspired sculpt, such an ugly paint job... what a waste!

I agree - to me the biggest disappointment of the year :(.
Carnegie has always been on top throughout the last years .... and then - this anniversary figure ... what a shame. The first Carnegie release in many years that I won't buy.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 18, 2013, 11:13:23 PM
Quote from: Nebuloid on July 17, 2013, 09:41:25 PM
....... I was really pleasantly surprised ....... by the color of the allosaurus which I feared would be too blue from the pictures online. .......

Dinosaurs can never be too blue ;D!

Quote from: Roselaar on July 18, 2013, 10:54:40 PM
The Safarisaurs are all pretty good, but the Carnegie Concavenator is a huge letdown. Such an uninspired sculpt, such an ugly paint job... what a waste!

I agree - to me the biggest disappointment of the year :(.
Carnegie has always been on top throughout the last years .... and then - this anniversary figure ... what a shame. The first Carnegie release in many years that I won't buy.
I agree :( There was so much they could have done with the model, but it ended up being a let down.

Takama

I agree that the Concavenator coud be better with some movement in the legs. and its head faceing forward

Seijun

I thought we were told that the concavenator was not actually their anniversary figure? ...that carnegie was about a year behind and the "supposed to be anniversary figure" would be released this year. Whoever mentioned this I think also implied that it was going to be something really awesome.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

JurassicJr

Here is my latest acquisition, the Prehistoric Puppets brown Tyrannosaurus rex. It is large, a bit bigger than the Jurassic Park T-Rex puppet.

Jetoar

My latest gifts of my birthday  ^-^.

Nebuloid

My "once-a-year" mega haul came in today, to go along with my new desktop models :

The Deinonychus and the Safari Gryposaurus are by far my favourites !

Concavenator

Quote from: Nebuloid on July 19, 2013, 11:11:29 AM
My "once-a-year" mega haul came in today, to go along with my new desktop models :

Wow! :o
Great acquisitions so far,Nebuloid!Congratulations! :)

sauroid

congratulations Nebuloid, they are all cool figures.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

FUTABA

Great stuff everyone. Getting quite jealous seeing some of these new figures, so I'm going to have to put some of them on my list...

FUTABA

Got a little blue Kaiyodo Deinonychus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: