News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everything_Dinosaur

Not sure quite what you mean, but Everything_Dinosaur is Everything Dinosaur as in the blog, website etc.  Based in Cheshire (UK), a small team of dedicated, enthusiastic dinosaur fans and such like.  We have followed various posts on the forum for a while, we get lots of questions about new models, information requests and updates on our various blog sites and such like, so we thought we ought to take the plunge and become fully fledged forum members.

sauroid

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on July 09, 2013, 08:51:04 PM
Not sure quite what you mean, but Everything_Dinosaur is Everything Dinosaur as in the blog, website etc.  Based in Cheshire (UK), a small team of dedicated, enthusiastic dinosaur fans and such like.  We have followed various posts on the forum for a while, we get lots of questions about new models, information requests and updates on our various blog sites and such like, so we thought we ought to take the plunge and become fully fledged forum members.
welcome to the DTF!
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

FUTABA

Quote from: sauroid on July 09, 2013, 09:05:30 PM
Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on July 09, 2013, 08:51:04 PM
welcome to the DTF!

Seconded. :)
I really really like blue things.

Jetoar

Quote from: Tyrannosaurid lover on July 07, 2013, 07:21:49 AM
Quote from: Roselaar on June 30, 2013, 02:07:52 PM
Just found this AAA Mammoth and an unknown Euoplocephalus on a flea market:

Can you plase put morephotos of the anky?
I think I used to have one

I have this Euplocephalus. It is a collection of fascicle of Diney Dinosaur of Planeta de Agostini.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Everything_Dinosaur

Love those "Thunder Beasts"!

FUTABA

My Troodon has arrived.

Concavenator

Congratulations,FUTABA on your new Troodon! :D

Takama

FUTABA

Thanks guys, he's a bit bigger than I expected, not complaining. :P

SBell

Quote from: FUTABA on July 11, 2013, 02:59:09 PM
Thanks guys, he's a bit bigger than I expected, not complaining. :P

The Jurassic Hunters are indeed quite a bit larger than we are used to!

sauroid

i like that Troodon a lot
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

docronnie

Nice Troodon, Futaba! :)

What I got yesterday:

Schleich Brachiosaurus - 2002

I maybe wrong, but I believe this is a Kaiyodo Dinoland 1/100 scale Allosaurus.  It is made of resin and only labeled Allosaurus under the base.

TFL! :D
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

FUTABA

Nice Allo docronnie. The style doesn't look much like Kaiyodo to me, not saying it isn't by them, I don't know to be honest, but it looks different to the majority of their stuff if it is by them. Anyway, it's a beaut.

Got my Geoworld Caudipteryx through today.

The colouration is a fair bit darker than the stock photos but I think I actually prefer it a bit more drab, looks more realistic yet still vibrant enough.

Also got this book a couple of days ago during a quick visit to the NHM (went for a daytrip to the Science Museum moreso but I can't go there without at least saying a quick hello to the NHM). I haven't read it yet but looks really nice.

docronnie

Thanks Futaba! Researched and it seems to be a Kaiyodo, but will post it in the identification thread.

Nice Caudipteryx you have there and a very interesting book too!  :)

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Jetoar

Congrats for your new acquisitions. This book one of the best books of paleoart from my point of view.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

FUTABA

Quote from: docronnie on July 13, 2013, 05:17:27 AM
Thanks Futaba! Researched and it seems to be a Kaiyodo, but will post it in the identification thread.

Nice Caudipteryx you have there and a very interesting book too!  :)

Good luck. I'll check the ident. thread soon for the news.

Quote from: Jetoar on July 13, 2013, 01:47:17 PM
Congrats for your new acquisitions. This book one of the best books of paleoart from my point of view.

Thanks. I don't necessarily agree with the artists view that it's "more dramatic (and fun) to reconstruct a dinosaur tearing flesh than say, sleeping" as it risks turning them into monsters instead of animals to a small degree, but having said that, he also does say he tries to depict other aspects of behaviour, which I find more interesting than just predators being predators without any thought to what else makes them the animals they are. The later pictures in the book look the most appealing to me as they are after all the large theropod fan fiction flesh feast. Having flicked through the artwork I must say overall it's highly impressive though, and I like how it's not overly speculative. Going to have a lot of fun reading it I think.

Takama

Four new Geowrolds

Saltasaurus Megaraptor Spinosaurus and Thescelosaurus

Jetoar

Wonderful figures of Geoworld  ^-^.

amargasaurus cazaui

A few pieces from the fertile mind and deft brush of Martin Garrat. Pictured are Martins redo of an old Airfix Triceratops, a new take on the Carnegie Acrocanthosaurus, and finally a Krentz 1/72 Anklyosaurus from Martins own collection, that I was able to purchase.

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

The paint job really made a difference on that Acro !

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: