You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoican

Here are some recent accquisitions from the past 4 years since I started collecting again. Im not out to collect any specific toy lines (Well maybe Collecta/Procon since their so varied and affordable.) just the most accurate, attractive, unique and, rare of the subject matter. The Safari Rex is the newest dino fig I have. Got it from my half-sister for my birthday in May. Got the Ceratosaurus in April myself. Also I'll try to upload another pic of recent accquis here showing a Saf Dimetro, Sliechs so called ''Saichainia'', and a couple of ''stretchies''. That will be the Amargasaurus you'll hopefully see and a stegosaur that looks like Tuojiangosaurus but, with the head of Huyangosaurus it looks like to me. Ok. Thats enough for now. Hopefully this will work. Please be patient with me. I don't think this is a very user friendly site and even with Adams help Im still not sure what Im doing.. I don't know how attatch a pic on here! Just go to my Tumblr page for now to see anything. croaker-5-17 on Tumblr.

C:-) Admin - Sorry, you can't use profanities on the forum, its against the rules. I've edited the post, thanks for your understanding. Hope you get the hang of the forum. It's easy when you know how... - Admin

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Mesozoican on September 06, 2013, 04:57:53 PM
Here are some recent accquisitions from the past 4 years since I started collecting again. Im not out to collect any specific toy lines (Well maybe Collecta/Procon since their so varied and affordable.) just the most accurate, attractive, unique and, rare of the subject matter. The Safari Rex is the newest dino fig I have. Got it from my half-sister for my birthday in May. Got the Ceratosaurus in April myself. Also I'll try to upload another pic of recent accquis here showing a Saf Dimetro, Sliechs so called ''Saichainia'', and a couple of ''stretchies''. That will be the Amargasaurus you'll hopefully see and a stegosaur that looks like Tuojiangosaurus but, with the head of Huyangosaurus it looks like to me. Ok. Thats enough for now. Hopefully this will work. Please be patient with me. I don't think this is a very user friendly site and even with Adams help Im still not sure what Im doing.  I don't know how attatch a pic on here! Just go to my Tumblr page for now to see anything. croaker-5-17 on Tumblr.
I disagree, I think this site is very user friendly and easy to use.

Not sure about your use of foul language though :-\

Edited the quote to remove the language issue from it as well. - Blade

Nebuloid

Yeah this site is the same as all forums have been for years, guidelines can be found anywhere !

Zelan

This came in the mail today  ;D

It looks so nice as is I'm debating whether I should just leave it unpainted.

Nebuloid

Quote from: Zelan on September 06, 2013, 09:14:16 PM

What is this ? Don't think I've seen it before, or maybe I'm just lazy...

Zelan

Quote from: Nebuloid on September 06, 2013, 09:45:56 PM
What is this ? Don't think I've seen it before, or maybe I'm just lazy...

It's a tarbosaurus vs tarchia kit by PaleoWorld Studios.

There's a couple painted versions floating around on the forums somewhere.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Zelan on September 06, 2013, 09:14:16 PM

Maybe a faux bronze look ? ;)

Seijun

When in doubt, faux bronze  ;D
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Seijun on September 07, 2013, 04:52:10 AM
When in doubt, faux bronze  ;D

Works for me.. lol ;D

Honestly if you have a piece you love the detail on but don't want to cover any of it it's an ideal way to go.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Roselaar on September 05, 2013, 10:39:35 PM
A threesome of Kaiyodo Dino Expo figures in their origininal overly luxurious packaging

Not Kaiyodo, they're Capcom ;).

Roselaar

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 07, 2013, 08:22:07 AM
A threesome of Kaiyodo Dino Expo figures in their origininal overly luxurious packaging

They are? I thought all these Dino Expo figures were from Kaiyodo? So the Microraptor, Gigantoraptor and Fukuiraptor skeleton I have are also from CapCom?

Libraraptor

Faux bronze? No, no! Leave them unpainted, monochrome!

Roselaar: yes.

tyrantqueen

A good paintjob combined with a good sculpt = an even more awesome piece of art. You should paint it 8)

Roselaar

Quote from: Libraraptor on September 07, 2013, 04:23:00 PM
Roselaar: yes.

Blimey! You learn something new every day.

Just bought these at a local flea market:

Nothing particularly special. Some ugly old Schleichs I bought only to satiate the collector in me. The Glyptodon is pretty cool though. And you can't resist an Invicta Apatosaurus for only 50 cents. :)

Jetoar

Invicta Apatosaurus cool, nice acquisitions  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Concavenator

Congratulations on that haul,Roselaar  :)
The old Schleich Carnotaurus is much better than their actual abomination  :P
From those figures,I just own the odd running T-rex  :)

postsaurischian

Quote from: Roselaar on September 07, 2013, 02:17:00 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on September 07, 2013, 08:22:07 AM

They are? I thought all these Dino Expo figures were from Kaiyodo? So the Microraptor, Gigantoraptor and Fukuiraptor skeleton I have are also from CapCom?

Mamenchisaurus, Edmontosaurus, Spinosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Gigantoraptor & Guanlong are Dino Expo 2009 figures made by Capcom (softer plastic material).

The Microraptor is a Dino Expo 2004 resin figure by Kaiyodo.

The Fukuiuraptor skeleton is a Dino Expo 2006 resin figure also made by Kaiyodo ;).

Roselaar

Quote from: Juan Andrés on September 08, 2013, 05:20:13 PM

The old Schleich Carnotaurus is much better than their actual abomination  :P

I wouldn't go that far, but at least it's more inspired.

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 08, 2013, 05:49:40 PM

Mamenchisaurus, Edmontosaurus, Spinosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Gigantoraptor & Guanlong are Dino Expo 2009 figures made by Capcom (softer plastic material).

The Microraptor is a Dino Expo 2004 resin figure by Kaiyodo.

The Fukuiuraptor skeleton is a Dino Expo 2006 resin figure also made by Kaiyodo ;).

Jeez, this is getting overly complicated!  :P

radman

Bokisaurus

Aha, a small new addition has arrived! ;D
Kaiyodo Study room Futabasaurus ;) I have been wanting this one for some time now, finally got one at a reasonable price :P

And here she is swimming with her new friends :)

One of this days, maybe I will resurrect my marine reptile collection ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: