You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

i have them too, different paint. that T rex is ok
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I actually sell those in the gift shop here..they look like JP sculpts to me.

sauroid

recently acquired chinasaurs
AAA hatchling Brach

Stego

Ankylosaur

awesome (for me) "young" Brachiosaurus

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tanystropheus

Quote from: copper on September 03, 2013, 09:53:50 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on September 03, 2013, 06:25:38 PM
Quote from: Neven Florian on September 02, 2013, 03:40:38 PM
This is not a correct figure palaeontologically but I confess that I like it. Thank you for sharing. ;D

It looks pretty accurate to me; it even has that 'notch' that is so characteristic of Dimetrodon.  It also happens to be the most aesthetically pleasant and accurate model of Dimetrodon in the mass market. Well, with the recently released (relatively) accurate Carnotaurus, I hope to see Papo embrace, wholeheartedly, scientific figures....but then again, Jurassic Park IV will arrive in the theaters in 2015.

i believe neven florian was talking about the mojo tyrannosaurus jetoar showed in his post. (correct me if i'm wrong..)

Oh, oops....in that case I agree, the mojo T-rex is definitely not 'paleontologically correct'  :))

I think I mistakenly attributed his comments to the Dimetrodon posted in his signature.

tanystropheus

Quote from: FUTABA on September 04, 2013, 01:16:45 AM
Quote from: sauroid on September 02, 2013, 08:08:46 PM
liking a particular figure is what matters, not if it's accurate or whatever. :)

=

That said, I'm not particularly fond of the Mojo Tyrannosaur, but that's merely my opinion, as I have made no associations with it to reinforce positive memories / perceptions etc.

Well, it is certainly not a good sign when even Mojo seems to want to shy away from promoting that particular T-rex, as suggested in an earlier interview.

sauroid

liking a particular figure is what matters, not if it's accurate or whatever. :)

Exactly. Jeez, if my collection was condensed down to only the 'accurate' figures I'd have only about a couple of dozen, tops. Also, some of my favourite items would have to go. There's so much more meaning behind what we like about items than just accuracy, such as nostalgic value, association with certain events, circumstances etc, sheer charm, artistic quality. It's all way too subjective to be universally seen as "good" or "bad" from a purely scientific standpoint. It's all art as well as anything else, and no art is objectively good or bad.

That said, I'm not particularly fond of the Mojo Tyrannosaur, but that's merely my opinion, as I have made no associations with it to reinforce positive memories / perceptions etc.

i agree. there are certain new models that i just cant make myself even to look at. they are so abominable (Schleich Carno and Styrac).

joossa

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 03, 2013, 12:01:34 PM
I thought this was real at first ;) Nice photoshop.
It's real! I hung it off my rear view mirror in my car!  ;)

I'm totally jealous about your Papo Dimetrodon. I'm here in the US, so have to wait for a bit more.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

FUTABA

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 31, 2013, 05:40:34 PM

Here's the pics Futaba :

My hands are a bit large so it looks smaller in them..lol I would guesstimate she's about 19" .

Thanks. And you must have huge hands. Lovely colour for the Elasmo. (Of course I'd say that). I can definitely see some subtle differences in the detail of the flippers too as well as the mouth and tail.
I really really like blue things.

FUTABA

Quote from: sauroid on September 04, 2013, 06:14:57 AM

Exactly. Jeez, if my collection was condensed down to only the 'accurate' figures I'd have only about a couple of dozen, tops. Also, some of my favourite items would have to go. There's so much more meaning behind what we like about items than just accuracy, such as nostalgic value, association with certain events, circumstances etc, sheer charm, artistic quality. It's all way too subjective to be universally seen as "good" or "bad" from a purely scientific standpoint. It's all art as well as anything else, and no art is objectively good or bad.

i agree. there are certain new models that i just cant make myself even to look at. they are so abominable (Schleich Carno and Styrac).

Ah yes, the Schleich Carnotaurus makes me sort of angry. They didn't even attempt to differentiate it from the ones in Disney's Dinosaur whatsoever (isn't that usually one of Papo's better known habits? ::) ) And the arms on it are pathetic. If they can't sculpt appropriate Abelisaurid arms they may as well have just been honest and said "front limbs aren't our strong suit on this one, so we've been a bit lazy and not included them on this figure". I'd probably forgive them quicker if they did that, compared to what they've ended up doing.

But of course, my disdain for the Schleich Carno is only my opinion. :P

I'm off to the sorting office now to collect some new buddies, grainy poor quality photos will ensue.

Jetoar

Quote from: FUTABA on September 04, 2013, 01:00:06 AM
Quote from: Jetoar on September 01, 2013, 03:38:25 PM
Yesterday I arrived to excavate in Madrid and I bought some figures and books two weeks ago  ^-^.

I have found Mojo figures in Fnac stores  ^-^.

I see you now have the Toyway WWD Ophthalmosaurus, as I've said before, such a great figure. Well done.  :)

Thanks friend, another great figure for my collection  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

QuoteIt's real! I hung it off my rear view mirror in my car!
How come it doesn't cast a shadow? :)

QuoteWonderful new acquisitions for you collection  ^-^.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: FUTABA on September 04, 2013, 10:27:46 AM

Here's the pics Futaba :

My hands are a bit large so it looks smaller in them..lol I would guesstimate she's about 19" .

Thanks. And you must have huge hands. Lovely colour for the Elasmo. (Of course I'd say that). I can definitely see some subtle differences in the detail of the flippers too as well as the mouth and tail.

lol yeah I've got " bear paws "  ;)

I'm not sure who made this one..I think I got it at a TRU a few years ago.  If you like it enough I might sell it ..shoot me a PM if interested. :)

Concavenator

Quote from: joossa on September 03, 2013, 01:03:09 AM
Scored a Wild Safari Velociraptor at a local gift shop for only $0.99.
I already have one in my collection, so decided:

I got these two today:

The Elasmo is good (one of the current Safaris I actually like) and the Dimetrodon is very, very good. There is even a sense of movement imbued in the sail as the animal twists its body from one side.
Great acqusitions,Tyrantqueen  :) The Dimetrodon is amazing,can't wait to pick up one myself soon! I also like the Elasmosaurus!

joossa

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 04, 2013, 04:40:08 PM
QuoteIt's real! I hung it off my rear view mirror in my car!
How come it doesn't cast a shadow? :)
Flash is on. Also, where would it cast a shadow? Plus, why would I spend time photoshopping something like that? If you think it, then think it.  :) I'm just enjoying my raptor as I commute to work. Makes the day a little better. ^__^

And I agree, my brother has the Elasmosaurus and it's pretty awesome. ;D
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Roselaar

Here´s a few dinosaurs that came in today. A threesome of Kaiyodo Dino Expo figures in their origininal overly luxurious packaging

Nebuloid

Quote from: Roselaar on September 05, 2013, 10:39:35 PM
Here´s a few dinosaurs that came in today. A threesome of Kaiyodo Dino Expo figures in their origininal overly luxurious packaging

Wow nice one ! Always love that packaging more than the figures.

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Spino looks pretty sweet !

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Juan Andrés on September 04, 2013, 11:55:06 PM
Quote from: joossa on September 03, 2013, 01:03:09 AM
Scored a Wild Safari Velociraptor at a local gift shop for only $0.99.
I already have one in my collection, so decided:

I got these two today:

The Elasmo is good (one of the current Safaris I actually like) and the Dimetrodon is very, very good. There is even a sense of movement imbued in the sail as the animal twists its body from one side.
Great acqusitions,Tyrantqueen  :) The Dimetrodon is amazing,can't wait to pick up one myself soon! I also like the Elasmosaurus!

What a lovely lovely dino room.

Jetoar

Quote from: Roselaar on September 05, 2013, 10:39:35 PM

Wonderful Kaiyodos  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

FUTABA

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 04, 2013, 05:05:39 PM
Quote from: FUTABA on September 04, 2013, 10:27:46 AM

Here's the pics Futaba :

lol yeah I've got " bear paws "  ;)

I'm not sure who made this one..I think I got it at a TRU a few years ago.  If you like it enough I might sell it ..shoot me a PM if interested. :)

Might have to take you up on that offer.  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: