You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on September 27, 2013, 02:50:36 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 27, 2013, 09:07:50 AM
The RRP is $80. I paid roughly that amount on Amazon.co.uk (£45) but I don't know if you could get it cheaper if you shopped around.

For the price, I think it is probably worth it. If you're after detail, then you get it here in spades. I don't think it's a coffee table type book, it's sort of a book where the more time you invest in it, the more stuff you're rewarded with.

It can be a little technical, but in comparison to, say, Dinosauria by David Weishampel, (which is extremely dry and academic) it's not that hard for a non professional to follow.

Could you post some photos of the artwork from the Italian book? ;D

By the way, if you are in the US, the RRP is only $40 on amazon.com.
No, I'm not, I'm in the UK :)

Mauro "Raptor86"

Quote from: sauroid on September 27, 2013, 07:59:43 AM
@TQ: how much? is it worth the price? :)

recently got his Italian paleo book. some dino representation are dated and some scientific names are erroneous but the interior art is beautiful

I have it! It's from the 1993-94 if I remember correctly. The drawings are by Stefano Maugeri and I really loved them!

tyrantqueen

QuoteI have it! It's from the 1993-94 if I remember correctly. The drawings are by Stefano Maugeri and I really loved them!
Was the book ever translated into English? I don't mind buying the Italian version if it is really good, but just wondering if there is an English one too, so I could read the text.

Just did a google search, some of the artwork is actually stunning. Reminds me a bit of John Gurche's work.

Thanks guys for bringing this one to my attention :)

FUTABA

My mum and dad brought this back for me after their holiday yesterday. It's soap with a little blue Parasaurolophus in it!

I really really like blue things.

sauroid

just got a "vintage" Carnegie Elasmosaurus

and some more sample pages from Dinosauri (pardon the quality)

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

postsaurischian

;D He, he ... I like the T. rex / 'Anatosaurus' picture with the Flamingos.
Isn't your Carnegie 'Plesiosaurus' an Elasmosaurus?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Got my first WWD 3D mini Pachys :), I definitely want the feathered ones too!

sauroid

yes indeed. just didnt bother to double check. :D
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

FUTABA

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 28, 2013, 03:11:57 PM

Oh wow oh wow oh wow oh wow!

I really want to get my hands on the feathery guys too. Hopefully they'll be sold in the UK.

postsaurischian

Quote from: FUTABA on September 28, 2013, 04:48:04 PM
I really want to get my hands on the feathery guys too. Hopefully they'll be sold in the UK.

I ordered the Pachys through amazon.de, but the package came from England ;).

FUTABA

Sweet! I'll keep a look out then. Thanks.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 27, 2013, 04:10:31 PM
Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on September 27, 2013, 02:50:36 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 27, 2013, 09:07:50 AM
The RRP is $80. I paid roughly that amount on Amazon.co.uk (£45) but I don't know if you could get it cheaper if you shopped around.

For the price, I think it is probably worth it. If you're after detail, then you get it here in spades. I don't think it's a coffee table type book, it's sort of a book where the more time you invest in it, the more stuff you're rewarded with.

It can be a little technical, but in comparison to, say, Dinosauria by David Weishampel, (which is extremely dry and academic) it's not that hard for a non professional to follow.

Could you post some photos of the artwork from the Italian book? ;D

By the way, if you are in the US, the RRP is only $40 on amazon.com.
No, I'm not, I'm in the UK :)

No, I know. It was just a btw for those who are in the US.  ;)
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

CityRaptor

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 28, 2013, 03:11:57 PM

Those look like they might work as juveniles for the Papo Pachyrhino. I also just noticed, that Juniper has a rather Cera-esque color.

Anyways, need to do this more often, as my last post here was last year. Will post all the stuff I got since the beginning of the year in the next few days, but not everything in one post, that would be way too many pics at once.

Got those some months ago.  Already had the German Version of two books and a copy of the Dinosur Heresies, but got the whole set for 27€ including shipping, so it was a good deal anyways. And one of them is a different kind of Carnegie Collectible.  ;D

From two different hauls:

Also to bring in some toys: Found some still bagged MIMP Dinosaurs for cheap and brought them out of curiosity since I never had them when I was a kid.

They are not bagged anymore. Bigger than I thought.  ( Hans for size comparism )

I think that the Ceratosaurus makes a nice Retro-Dinosaur.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Nebuloid

Wow you bought a whole collection of books there !

sauroid

cool books CityRaptor

i got these a few months back and forgot all about them
Happinet

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Just got a glass corner shelf to display some models. Apart from that, I also just got the Safari Ltd. Postosuchus and Gryposaurus (yes, I know, I waited a long time). Sorry, picture quality probably isn't that good.  :(

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Dratted pics didn't work.  >:( Let's try this:

I'll hope for the best.  :)

EDIT: It finally worked. Sorry, this is the first time I've posted pictures.  ;)
-Peter Benchley

Jetoar

Cool display and wonderful acquistions in general friends  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

joossa

Oh, I like those, sauroid!! :)

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus, that display is really nice. What is the theropod between the Papo Allo and Spino? I've seen it before, but I forgot...
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: joossa on September 30, 2013, 04:44:57 AM
Oh, I like those, sauroid!! :)

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus, that display is really nice. What is the theropod between the Papo Allo and Spino? I've seen it before, but I forgot...
Carnegie Giganotosaurus 8)

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Thanks, TQ. Yeah, the Carnegie Giga is one of my favorites.
-Peter Benchley

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: