You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Got Geoworld Velociraptor today

Seijun

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on September 25, 2013, 01:03:40 AM
Which dinos have you got there, Seijun? (Some of them are too small to tell.)

They are
furuta choco eggs (no info online really, they are like kaiyodos but smaller and lesser quality)
kaiyodo pewters
kaiyodo dinotales series 6 and 7
kaiyodo collect club set
kaiyodo trex set
dino expo psittacosaurus
and some kaiyodo museum exclusives (nipponites, futabasaurus, and futabasaurus skeleton)
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Roselaar

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

sauroid

just added more dino tales s.1's (hoarder mode)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Nebuloid

Wow ! But how, where ? They're all so crazy expensive on Ebay...

tyrantqueen

The Complete Dinosaur by M.K Brett-Surman. Big, heavy and expensive

Haven't read through all of it yet (that will take some time) but I like it thus far ;)

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

-Peter Benchley

sauroid

@TQ: how much? is it worth the price? :)

recently got his Italian paleo book. some dino representation are dated and some scientific names are erroneous but the interior art is beautiful
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

The RRP is $80. I paid roughly that amount on Amazon.co.uk (£45) but I don't know if you could get it cheaper if you shopped around.

For the price, I think it is probably worth it. If you're after detail, then you get it here in spades. I don't think it's a coffee table type book, it's sort of a book where the more time you invest in it, the more stuff you're rewarded with.

It can be a little technical, (especially so in the chapters about osteology and anatomy) but in comparison to, say, Dinosauria by David Weishampel, (which is extremely dry and academic) it's not that hard for a non professional to follow.

Could you post some photos of the artwork from the Italian book? ;D

FUTABA

Quote from: Megalosaurus on September 21, 2013, 05:05:52 PM
Hi.
I won these on ebay auctions:

All of these have paint wear, so a repaint (or just touchups) is required.
But at last i have my shonisaurus  ;D

I'm jealous of your Shonisaurus, well done.
I really really like blue things.

FUTABA

Nebuloid

My first Shapeways experience just arrived, in the form of this Dicraeosaurus by RareBreed in 1:36 scale :

According to its shapeways page it should be 25,5cm long, but it's closer to 35 !

I shall be painting it, see how it turns out...

FUTABA

Stunning looking model, nice to see Dicraeosaurus represented too.

tyrantqueen

RareBreed's style isn't really my thing, but that Dicraeosaurus model looks better in person than it does on the site :) I do like his Sarchosuchus, Tupuxuara and Isisaurus models, though.

FUTABA

I got these guys a few weeks ago.

CollectA Utahraptor, little pocket sized gem.

Toyway WWD Torosaurus (finally!)

CollectA Diplodocus, really refreshing pose for me and I am in love with the flicky bendy tail. One of my favourite Diplo models I think.

CollectA deluxe Deinocheirus, gorgeous piece of gorgeousity.

Nebuloid

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 27, 2013, 11:22:29 AM
RareBreed's style isn't really my thing, but that Dicraeosaurus model looks better in person than it does on the site :) I do like his Sarchosuchus, Tupuxuara and Isisaurus models, though.

I agree, it looks MUCH better in person, his models on the site look way more "spiky" . I plan on getting his Isisaurus deluxe next !

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 27, 2013, 09:07:50 AM
The RRP is $80. I paid roughly that amount on Amazon.co.uk (£45) but I don't know if you could get it cheaper if you shopped around.

For the price, I think it is probably worth it. If you're after detail, then you get it here in spades. I don't think it's a coffee table type book, it's sort of a book where the more time you invest in it, the more stuff you're rewarded with.

It can be a little technical, but in comparison to, say, Dinosauria by David Weishampel, (which is extremely dry and academic) it's not that hard for a non professional to follow.

Could you post some photos of the artwork from the Italian book? ;D

By the way, if you are in the US, the RRP is only $40 on amazon.com.
-Peter Benchley

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: