You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin garratt

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Whoa. WHERE IS EVERYONE GETTING THE TROODONS FROM???? I missed that. I am loving the different colors....where did you all get these models from?
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

FUTABA

I really really like blue things.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Zelan

I just received my first kit painted by Martin Garratt today  ;D

Big thanks to him and Marilyn for an amazing job!

Patrx

Quote from: sauroid on October 17, 2013, 08:53:07 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 17, 2013, 08:46:42 PM
If I could ask, the Troodon, that Patrx and Post have gotten.....is the base attached to the dinosaur as part of the model or is it a seperate piece? I know Martin can often create bases, but both of the versions shown seem to have that same branch at the one end. Is the model offered on Shapeways or only as a resin kit through Dan? thanks in advance for any information.
curious about the same thing...

The base is part of the kit, branch an all. I imagine that a good builder like Martin could make a new base to replace it if you wanted something different. This is a 3D sculpt like David's Shapeways pieces, but isn't being offered there, only as a resin kit via Dan's Dinosaurs. As I understand it, David had the model printed by a company called Moddler, then had the print cast in resin to make the kits.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Zelan on October 18, 2013, 01:18:31 AM
I just received my first kit painted by Martin Garratt today  ;D

Big thanks to him and Marilyn for an amazing job!

Zelan, is that the 1/40 Krentz rex? And if so, exactly how long/tall is it in inches? (I'm thinking about getting one.)
-Peter Benchley

Roselaar

Arrived today: the Kaiyodo T-Rex Capsule:

Gotta love the details on these little gems. And the skull and skeleton even come with a human skull and skeleton for comparison! A big thanks to Seijun for helping me out on this one! :)

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Roselaar on October 18, 2013, 09:48:26 PM

Gotta love the details on these little gems. And the skull and skeleton even come with a human skull and skeleton for comparison! A big thanks to Seijun for helping me out on this one! :)

That is so funny-if that is the set on ebay I'm thinking of, I almost bought it, but didn't in order to preserve some bucks-I want to finally have one of my models under go a Garrat-ization. Glad someone else on the DTF got it-nice haul, Roselaar. One question-exactly how big are the models?
-Peter Benchley

Zelan

Zelan, is that the 1/40 Krentz rex? And if so, exactly how long/tall is it in inches? (I'm thinking about getting one.)
[/quote]

It is indeed the krentz rex, it is just over 12 inches long and about 5.5 inches tall. Basically the same size as the papo running t rex.

This should give you a better idea:

sauroid

congrats on all the cool new models peeps
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Zelan on October 19, 2013, 12:00:48 AM

It is indeed the krentz rex, it is just over 12 inches long and about 5.5 inches tall. Basically the same size as the papo running t rex.

This should give you a better idea:

[/quote]
Thanks, Zelan. You should paint the Papo-you'd have the mate of the Krentz!  ;D
-Peter Benchley

FUTABA

Quote from: Roselaar on October 18, 2013, 09:48:26 PM

The feathered Tyrannosaurus and Yutyrannus are among my favourite of the Kaiyodos, and I love the comparative skull and skeleton too. It's a great touch and quite humourous.
I really really like blue things.

Roselaar

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on October 18, 2013, 11:12:00 PM
One question-exactly how big are the models?

They're slightly bigger than the usual Kaiyodo DinoTales figures, but not by much. Otherwise, the same high level of detail, accuracy and overall quality.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Roselaar on October 19, 2013, 03:20:19 PM
Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on October 18, 2013, 11:12:00 PM
One question-exactly how big are the models?

They're slightly bigger than the usual Kaiyodo DinoTales figures, but not by much. Otherwise, the same high level of detail, accuracy and overall quality.
Thanks-again, nice haul! ;D
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

1/50 Ophthalmosaurus, by mb-cg :)

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

I just recently got a hideously blue small chinasaur Triceratops-I got it for the one purpose of having it be my first model I'll try to repaint. Any color suggestions for a Trike? Also, will any acrylic paint work, or only a certain kind?
-Peter Benchley

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: