You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Roselaar

My would-be brother-in-law-to-be just bequeathed me with this custom made Simolestes figure, the design for which he made himself, after which he let the Shapeways Compnay produce it. So this could be called my first Shapeways figure:

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on December 26, 2013, 02:00:17 PM
My would-be brother-in-law-to-be just bequeathed me with this custom made Simolestes figure, the design for which he made himself, after which he let the Shapeways Compnay produce it. So this could be called my first Shapeways figure:

How come he didn't upload it for the public to purchase it? I'm guessing a few people would...

Roselaar

Quote from: SBell on December 26, 2013, 02:38:25 PM

How come he didn't upload it for the public to purchase it? I'm guessing a few people would...

He's not a professional 3D-printing artist, though this figure shows he has some talent. He made this one specifically for me, without designs on starting a career in this field. However, if there's an overwhelming demand for this figure on these boards, I'll be sure to pass it on and see what he thinks. :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice ! Right now it's a cool one a kind piece..congrats !

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on December 26, 2013, 02:57:41 PM
Quote from: SBell on December 26, 2013, 02:38:25 PM

He's not a professional 3D-printing artist, though this figure shows he has some talent. He made this one specifically for me, without designs on starting a career in this field. However, if there's an overwhelming demand for this figure on these boards, I'll be sure to pass it on and see what he thinks. :)

If he uploads it as available to purchase I'd definitely consider it!

joossa

I went to the Dollar Tree about a month ago and picked up a wooden 3D Stego puzzle. I decided to paint the pieces blue and then built it over Christmas. Turned out quite nice...

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

tyrantqueen

You have a stego, and he is so blue ♫

Blade-of-the-Moon

lol that's a nice stegosaurus..somehow that shade of blue doesn't seem sad. ;)

CityRaptor

Blue Stegosaurus?

More hauls from this year:
2 books from the Pellucidar series...still missing three books ( two which are set between those two )

No Cookies for guessing what those two books are about ( The really should have chosen Iguanodon for the Cover of the second book in the pic... )

Cards count as Toys, don't they? Got these Metal Boxes. Perfect to store the Dinosaur King Cards I got earlier this year. And like them, I got them very cheap.

Listening to the Melody of the Great Lizards! ( while writing this post )

Ruling the Urth or taking a Walk in the Park?

A modern classic...and a reprint of one

Christmas!

Probably the last serious Dinosaur Book in German...and a Field Guide...

Art!

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

morrijos

I just joined the Battat Diplodocus owner's club.  Pictures to come perhaps!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just received the new Carnegie Rex.

tyrantqueen

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 29, 2013, 12:25:33 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 29, 2013, 12:24:39 AM
Just received the new Carnegie Rex.
Congrats. Pics plz >:D

I can take some, but I'm not sure they'll look any better than Dan's. I planned to try in daylight.  It's now dark here though. :/

Quen

Quote from: jwmo on December 28, 2013, 09:58:49 PM
I just joined the Battat Diplodocus owner's club.  Pictures to come perhaps!

Congrats!! Pics please! That is definitely something to show off!

Raptoress

Got this Tyrannosaurus rex skeleton model from my sister as a late Christmas present. I got a lot of models on Christmas day (the joys of having a big family xD) that I will take pictures of and upload here another time. This model had to be assembled and only takes a few minutes to do. My sister was expecting it to be something that would preoccupy my mind for weeks, but I still love it. It comes with a rock base than you can remove and the jaw can be opened and the legs can be posed. To make it balance, I had to position it in the dreaded tripod pose. :)

Jetoar

Wonderful acquistions friends ^-^.

My Christmas gifts  ^-^.

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

ITdactyl

No wonder Santa's toy bag was smaller this year.... Jetoar got most of the contents :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

lol he definitely deserves the term.. HAUL !!!! ;)

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: