You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

@Blade-of-the-Moon
i think it's the color choice of some of the Favorite figures and the gloss paint finish of the terrestrial animals (gloss is ok w/the marine reptiles)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: sauroid on December 17, 2013, 03:31:41 AM
@Blade-of-the-Moon
i think it's the color choice of some of the Favorite figures and the gloss paint finish of the terrestrial animals (gloss is ok w/the marine reptiles)

it might just be..I mean they certainly have detail so that can't be it.

Takama

Maybe its the fact that there all common species, and its unlikely that Favorite would expand the line with new models.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's rather annoying. I feel like I should like them more than I do.. usually I take new pieces and display them here around the computer for inspiration before moving them out as new ones come in.  These guys hung around for about a week then I moved them out to the collection room.  Most of the old pieces were moved out to make way for them and then moved right back.  I can't figure it out.

tyrantqueen

I like them and I think they're mostly very solid toys, even though I have a couple of nitpicks with them (typical of me, I guess). I think Kazunari Araki's work tends to look better in a bigger scale...or maybe I just like his older work more >:D

Blade-of-the-Moon

I do certainly appreciate his larger scaled pieces more..that said these aren't a bad scale either.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I mentioned receiving this the other day :

For all the faults the movie has..this has to be one of the best dino toys made. The range of poses is great, the size is big enough, lots of detail and it has sound as well. As you can tell I'm having way too much fun with it..I think I might by a 2nd one when they reach retail stores.

tyrantqueen

Nice Gorgosaur, and those are some cool models in the background :) This is a weird question, but do you have a large house? I'm asking because you seem to prefer to buy models in bigger scales, so I would guess you have space to put them. Just curious *orthocone*

Raptoress

These cute little guys are ornithomimids from Learning Curve's line of Dinosaur Train figures. I'm a sucker for them! They're just so cute! I love how kids are getting to learn more obscure species from this show and that the species list doesn't just end at the popular ones like T Rex.

(Edit: I can't believe myself... 'Ornithomimosaurs'... So embarrassed with myself right now. Remind me to never go on forums when I'm half asleep. xD)

Takama

Just in time in 2013

My First 2014 Figure

Blade-of-the-Moon

These guys are really arriving early ! Nicely done Safari !

sauroid

would have looked much better if the membranes werent painted pink
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: sauroid on December 25, 2013, 03:45:08 AM

Easily fixed. :)

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 25, 2013, 04:00:54 AM

Yes...but the teeth look a bit sloppy too. And the jaw itself. This model looked better in the press release photo.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

EmperorDinobot

I acquired a large amount of dinosaur stuff.

Pictures incoming when I clean them and stuff. It's really a lot of cool stuff.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on December 25, 2013, 09:41:52 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 25, 2013, 04:00:54 AM

Yes...but the teeth look a bit sloppy too. And the jaw itself. This model looked better in the press release photo.

I don't see an issue with the jaw itself too much..this is still so far above their last release of a " Suchomimus " I can't help but give it a gold star.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on December 25, 2013, 12:30:55 PM
I acquired a large amount of dinosaur stuff.

Pictures incoming when I clean them and stuff. It's really a lot of cool stuff.

Awesome ! Can't wait to see the haul !   I have..nothing yet. lol But here's hoping !

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

Look what i got in the mailbox

a nice gift from hongkong

thanks MOJO for the gift

The Return Of The Mammoth's

Concavenator

Congratulations!Very nice acquisitions  :)

alexeratops

Safari Elasmosaurus , Papo Carnotaurus, and the Playmobil Brachiosaurus set. :D

Also, TAKAMA, I got 18 skylanders!
like a bantha!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: