You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Okay, final Update! The rest of what I got this year. ( Really need to do this more often... )

WWD3D  Alex, Edmontosaurus, Juniper, Troodon,  Bullyland Micro & Mini Stegosaurus, the fossilized Osteoderm of an Alligator, Geoworld T.rex Skull

Sega Vignetteum Triceratops x 2 ( one arrived broken, but I got a free replacement ), Tyrannosaurus, Amargasaurus

And arrived today: Dinosaur Collectibles ( Actually far cleaner than it looks. Most of the dirt is on a dust jacket added by the previous owner, a library )

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wow..that's  nice score too !

Roselaar

Aaah, Dinosaur Collectibles... A fascinating read, even though it's rather inaccurate and hugely outdated.

Zhuchengotyrant

Just came back from Disney, and i got 6 dinosaurs by Safari in the T.REX gift shop (in Downtown Disney), The green brachiosaurus, the gray apatosaurus, the 2012 Ceratosaurus, the giganotosaurus, the saltasaurus, and the Amargasaurus.
Also, for xmas, i got 5 shapeways. 1:72 Giganotosaurus, 1:72 roaring Yanchuanosaurus, the 1:72 Shantungosaurus, 1:72 Andesaurus, and the 1:40 Olorotitan, all of which aré painted. I also got the Dino Valley Pachycephalosaurus. The shapeways aré from Mom and Dad, the Dino Valley is from my Sister, Isa, and, from Santa Claus- The Invicta Iguanodon! Those aré Dinosaur things. Other Stuff include the 10th Docter's Sonic Screwdriver (Doctor Who) from Isa, a Wells Fargo Horse plush named Shamrock from my Dad, and about 50 moré things. Even a lava lamp from Santa! :o
-Zhuchengotyrant

Blade-of-the-Moon

CityRaptor

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 31, 2013, 05:13:10 PM

Thanks. Actually got most of these months ago, but did not find the time to post them till now. 

Quote from: Roselaar on December 31, 2013, 07:59:23 PM
Aaah, Dinosaur Collectibles... A fascinating read, even though it's rather inaccurate and hugely outdated.

If you think about it, that book has become a collectible itself.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 01, 2014, 12:19:49 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 31, 2013, 05:13:10 PM

Thanks. Actually got most of these months ago, but did not find the time to post them till now. 

Quote from: Roselaar on December 31, 2013, 07:59:23 PM

If you think about it, that book has become a collectible itself.

Quite true.

Ultimatedinoking

sorry I was gone for so long, I've had a lot going on. here's what I got over Christmas...

jp pachyrhinosaurus
jp allosaurus
papo pteranodon
collecta postosuchus, alligator
schleich carnotarus, giganotosaurus, Quetzalcoatlus polar bear, brown bear, leopard, lion (m and f) tortoise and baby elephant
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

SBell

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on January 01, 2014, 04:43:57 PM
sorry I was gone for so long, I've had a lot going on. here's what I got over Christmas...

jp pachyrhinosaurus
jp allosaurus
papo pteranodon
schleich carnotarus, giganotosaurus, Quetzalcoatlus polar bear, brown bear, leopard, lion (m and f) tortoise and baby elephant

I'm assuming that you mean Safari Postosuchus--unless you know something we don't!? ;)

Concavenator

Quote from: SBell on January 01, 2014, 05:13:46 PM

jp pachyrhinosaurus
jp allosaurus
papo pteranodon

I'm assuming that you mean Safari Postosuchus--unless you know something we don't!? ;)
I have a question:For example if a company ever did an exclusive model-say,Carnegie doing a Yutyrannus-for a person or to a museum,is that figure intented ror general release at some point?  ???

SBell

Quote from: Concavenator on January 02, 2014, 08:59:32 AM

jp pachyrhinosaurus
jp allosaurus
papo pteranodon

I have a question:For example if a company ever did an exclusive model-say,Carnegie doing a Yutyrannus-for a person or to a museum,is that figure intented ror general release at some point?  ???

The only ones I know of have not been released beyond the original commission (red-cheek salamander, spinophorosaurus, procynosuchus). There are several examples of commissioned ones that are widely released, though, but they were never intended as single-location releases (like the Sue figures from Safari).

And it's unlikely that an individual would get a figure made for them--there are 5000 item minimums with Safari last I heard (just for repaints!), for example, so it's pretty uncommon even for institutions to have it done (I had heard that Safari was kind of discouraging it). Which is why we are more likely to see labels with a partnership on them for general-release figures.

Concavenator

Quote from: SBell on January 02, 2014, 01:48:18 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on January 02, 2014, 08:59:32 AM

jp pachyrhinosaurus
jp allosaurus
papo pteranodon

The only ones I know of have not been released beyond the original commission (red-cheek salamander, spinophorosaurus, procynosuchus). There are several examples of commissioned ones that are widely released, though, but they were never intended as single-location releases (like the Sue figures from Safari).

And it's unlikely that an individual would get a figure made for them--there are 5000 item minimums with Safari last I heard (just for repaints!), for example, so it's pretty uncommon even for institutions to have it done (I had heard that Safari was kind of discouraging it). Which is why we are more likely to see labels with a partnership on them for general-release figures.
Thanks  :)

Zhuchengotyrant

-Zhuchengotyrant

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Here's my Christmas haul:
Safari Dracorex
Safari Nigersaurus
Carnegie Beipiosaurus
Papo Styracosaurus
CollectA Diplodocus
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Jetoar

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on January 02, 2014, 06:30:36 PM
Here's my Christmas haul:
Safari Dracorex
Safari Nigersaurus
Carnegie Beipiosaurus
Papo Styracosaurus
CollectA Diplodocus

Wonderful selection friend  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Blade-of-the-Moon

alexeratops

Safari Ltd. Horsehoe crab (that counts as prehistoric, right? :))) '
Late Christmas present. :)
like a bantha!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Bokisaurus

Not a whole lot of addition, but finally got Safari's Suchomimus. Mine must be one of the better painted one, not too sloppy of a paint job.

To complete the unknown (Geoworld?) prehistoric mammal collection, I got these two as a Christmas gift from a fellow collector :)

Not prehistoric, but a nice model of a Urial joining the herd ;)

Cheers! ;D

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: