You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: SBell on January 01, 2014, 05:13:46 PM
Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on January 01, 2014, 04:43:57 PM
sorry I was gone for so long, I've had a lot going on. here's what I got over Christmas...

jp pachyrhinosaurus
jp allosaurus
papo pteranodon
collecta postosuchus, alligator
schleich carnotarus, giganotosaurus, Quetzalcoatlus polar bear, brown bear, leopard, lion (m and f) tortoise and baby elephant

I'm assuming that you mean Safari Postosuchus--unless you know something we don't!? ;)

oops! ya I mint safari. I got him with the alligator, and was confused :(
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

juju1305

Hi,

here's my latest haul :)

I'm so happy with the small yellow Bully ammonite and pteranodon sternbergi.
The smaller (older looking) pieces on the left are Starlux Pteranodon and dark green shantungosaurus (there is a light green version I had posted in the starlux thread).
My favorite pieces from the recent ones are safari gryposaurus and Papo dimetrodon. Both are outstanding.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Concavenator

Today,here in Spain,it's the Three Kings day and so here are my dinosaur presents:

Carnegie 2012 Brachiosaurus and Concavenator.

The Concavenator was an error made by nahico,the shop where I ordered the Brachio.Instead of the Brachiosaurus,they brought me the Carnegie Concavenator.So my dad ordered the Brachiosaurus from amazon.I was so surprised when I saw it!  :o

Some quick comments.The Concavenator could've received a better paintjob.Mine's got a sloppy one  :-\
The sail is inaccurate as well.Concavenator did have 2 sails;one bigger,other smaller.I wish it had feathers on its forearms also.The tail pose is  weird.
The Brachiosaurus is such a real gem.It´s awesomee  :)) :))
My only complaint is that I wish the coloration was more original but not bad in general.
I would say it's the closest thing to perfection in dinosaur toy form  :))

Neven Florian

Congrats Juan for these nice figures :) >:D

Bokisaurus, it's a nice choise, I also have the urial from Anna and it's a fabulous figure ::)

Concavenator

Quote from: Neven Florian on January 06, 2014, 04:21:06 PM
Congrats Juan for these nice figures :) >:D

Bokisaurus, it's a nice choise, I also have the urial from Anna and it's a fabulous figure ::)
Thanks,Neven Florian!  ;)

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

The Brachio is great. I don't like the Concavenator personally, but great to hear you're happy with what you got. Btw, technically there's nothing wrong with leaving the forearms featherless, since the alleged "quill knobs" could have been muscle attachment points.

Blade-of-the-Moon

My only tiny nitpick with the Brachio is that it could have been a bit larger..but it's small complaint.

Concavenator

Thank y'all! :D
BTW I also got a Safari 2013 catalog it came along with the Concavenator.It's so different from the final figure!   :-\
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 06, 2014, 05:33:53 PM
My only tiny nitpick with the Brachio is that it could have been a bit larger..but it's small complaint.
Yeh,it's way smaller than the Diplo...it's not that bigger than the WS Giraffatitan either.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 06, 2014, 05:14:46 PM
The Brachio is great. I don't like the Concavenator personally, but great to hear you're happy with what you got. Btw, technically there's nothing wrong with leaving the forearms featherless, since the alleged "quill knobs" could have been muscle attachment points.
Huh,I missed that.Thanks  :)
While I'm not specially fond of it,I don't think it's a bad model.However,it can be (clearly,imo) that Carnegie got lazy with this model.They could've done a far better Concavenator anyways.

Jetoar

Quote from: Concavenator on January 06, 2014, 04:00:43 PM
Today,here in Spain,it's the Three Kings day and so here are my dinosaur presents:

The Concavenator was an error made by nahico,the shop where I ordered the Brachio.Instead of the Brachiosaurus,they brought me the Carnegie Concavenator.So my dad ordered the Brachiosaurus from amazon.I was so surprised when I saw it!  :o

Some quick comments.The Concavenator could've received a better paintjob.Mine's got a sloppy one  :-\
The sail is inaccurate as well.Concavenator did have 2 sails;one bigger,other smaller.I wish it had feathers on its forearms also.The tail pose is  weird.
My only complaint is that I wish the coloration was more original but not bad in general.

Wonderful new carnegies Juan  ^-^. I have had gifts previously that today but thes are my gifts of Three Mages Kings   ^-^.

In box  ^-^.

and out box  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Concavenator

Quote from: Jetoar on January 06, 2014, 06:45:33 PM

Wonderful new carnegies Juan  ^-^. I have had gifts previously that today but thes are my gifts of Three Mages Kings   ^-^.

In box  ^-^.

and out box  ^-^.
Nice acquisitions there,Jetoar   :) Thanks,btw

Raptoress

My mother's side of the family is Spanish, too so here in the UK we also celebrate Three Kings Day and give each other a few little things. :) Today I received the CollectA Utahceratops and I love it!

alexeratops

Boy you are lucky, you get a little mini baby christmas right after christmas! ;D
like a bantha!

stemturtle

Comparing Ammonites

Bullyland Ammonite, 6 inches or 15.3 cm, on left. Safari Ammonite, 5 ¼ inches or 13.4 cm, on right. (Horizontal measurements.)

Safari released their 2014 ammonite early. It has 2 feeding tentacles. It is smaller than the Bullyland figure.
The species was not identified by either manufacturer. I like both models. 

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

Balaur

Oh, congrats! That is a really cool ammonite model from Safari. I am actually going to get one very soon!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Would be great to have a large pterosaur or mosasaur eating... ;)

Roselaar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 07, 2014, 03:28:04 AM
Would be great to have a large pterosaur or mosasaur eating... ;)

In scale with that Ammonite? I'm all for it, but I doubt my wallet would be. Or my living space, which is ever decreasing in size anyway. But hey, at least we still have that Ammonite. :)

Jetoar

Cool figure, I like it. Yesterday I bought in Ebay my firts Kaiyodo Choco Egg UHA Dinotales figures: Suchomimus, Allosaurus and Liopleurodon  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: