You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

Quote from: tanystropheus on February 08, 2014, 10:26:21 PM
I absolutely love this type of commentary/exposition!! Thanks, Ridureyu :)

It probably belongs in more of its own thread though, interesting as it is.

Ridureyu

Well, here's my question - do we have a recent acquisitions thread for non-dinosaur toys?  I tried to find one, but failed... but acknowledge that one might exist.  If not... then it might be high time for one to begin!

Ikessauro

Quote from: Ridureyu on February 09, 2014, 01:38:30 AM
Well, here's my question - do we have a recent acquisitions thread for non-dinosaur toys?  I tried to find one, but failed... but acknowledge that one might exist.  If not... then it might be high time for one to begin!

I guess it doesn't exist, I have never seen one. You could create a Recent Acquisitions topic in the "Other Toys and Collectables" area of the forum;

SBell

Quote from: Ridureyu on February 09, 2014, 01:38:30 AM

Sorry, I don't think I was clear--what I meant was that while the acquisition might fit here, the historical info may be more suited for its own thread.

Ridureyu

Ah, gotcha!  I just added it because it fit the acquisition!  Hmmm...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just received this Invicta Troodon

A couple more pieces and I'm DONE ! ;)

tyrantqueen

QuoteA couple more pieces and I'm DONE ! ;)
With collecting in general...? Or just Invicta toys?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 11, 2014, 01:10:31 AM

Just Invicta...who could stop collecting !? lol

If I can find a Dimetrodon, Scleidosaurus, Pteranodon, and a Plesiosaurus I'll be done. :) Anyone has some hit me up for sales or trades !

Ikessauro

Just in... I have always wanted a Jurassic Park amber piece. Now I have it, so cool! Just need Hammond's cane now.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Hey, cool acquisition, Ikessauro!  8)
Yes, now you need the cane.  ;D
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tanystropheus

Quote from: Ikessauro on February 11, 2014, 01:32:29 AM
Just in... I have always wanted a Jurassic Park amber piece. Now I have it, so cool! Just need Hammond's cane now.

Now, that is epic!

Blade-of-the-Moon

VERY cool !  I always a replica of Hammond's cane..would I stroll through my Park with it ? Like a BOSS ! lol ;D

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 11, 2014, 04:11:05 AM
VERY cool !  I always a replica of Hammond's cane..would I stroll through my Park with it ? Like a BOSS ! lol ;D
Blade, you'd have to go the whole nine yards and dress up like him too. You know, white shirt, freaking awesome tan fedora, glasses...you could do it.
DO IT.  ;D
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 11, 2014, 01:15:23 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 11, 2014, 01:10:31 AM

Just Invicta...who could stop collecting !? lol

If I can find a Dimetrodon, Scleidosaurus, Pteranodon, and a Plesiosaurus I'll be done. :) Anyone has some hit me up for sales or trades !
Blade, looks like a Pteranodon and Plesiosaurus are being sold (along w/ two other Invictas) here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/INVICTA-BRITISH-MUSEUM-DINOSAURS-BOX-SET-3-PREHISTORIC-PLAYSET-trex-pteranodon-/301093527232?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item461a929ec0
Just thought I'd let you know. ;)
I'll check for more...
UPDATE:
Just a Pteranodon:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Invicta-Prehistorics-Pteranodon-/161221084852?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25898686b4
Another Ptera:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-Pteranodon-Figure-The-British-Museum-Natural-History-Invicta-Dinosaur-/221353594552?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3389b3ceb8
Just a Plesiosaurus:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-Plesiosaurus-Figure-The-British-Museum-Natural-History-Invicta-Dinosaur-/321297342635?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aced060ab
A Dimetrodon:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/INVICTA-PLASTICS-BRITISH-MUSEUM-NATURAL-HISTORY-DIMETRODON-DINOSAUR-TOY-RARE-/251425766515?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8a24bc73
AND, (drum roll, please...)
Your final piece: an Invicta Scelidosaurus!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Invicta-Prehistorics-Scelidosaurus-/161221084927?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25898686ff
And another!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-Scelidosaurus-Figure-The-British-Museum-Natural-History-Invicta-Dinosaur-/221353594270?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3389b3cd9e

Not sure if you just want to trade, but does that help?
-Peter Benchley

Blade-of-the-Moon

Thanks for that. I made a request for more pics of the 2nd to last Scelidosaurus.   Most of the rest are a bit too pricey for me...and that much for a Pteranodon in that condition..just ridiculous. ;)   I'm still open to trade on any of the others..have a few odds and ends I'd trade to complete this collection.  :)

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 11, 2014, 07:00:24 AM
Thanks for that. I made a request for more pics of the 2nd to last Scelidosaurus.   Most of the rest are a bit too pricey for me...and that much for a Pteranodon in that condition..just ridiculous. ;)   I'm still open to trade on any of the others..have a few odds and ends I'd trade to complete this collection.  :)
Cool. Glad to help!
-Peter Benchley

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Ridureyu

I had a 20% off everything coupon at Toys R Us, so I paid them a visit.  They did not have any of the NECA stuff I was after (Aliens and Predators), but I did find some stuff!

Schleich Allosaurus (I know, I know, it's Scheich, but this one is less inaccurate than most, and it's what TRU carries.)

Papo Fire Dragon

Angry Birds Telepods, 2nd Wave.  And of these, special note...

Lando Bird is one smooth customer.

We live in a world where you can purchase two totally different toys of Jabba the Hutt as an Angry Birds pig.  Think about that one for a minute.

Leia: "I love you."
Han: "SQUAWK! SQUAWK! SQUAWK!"

tyrantqueen

Nile crocodile resin kit, by UK sculptor Terry Norton. I'm really proud that there are many talented artists in my country :)

He doesn't have any teeth because I ran out of superglue before I could install them.

I was thinking about pretending this guy is a Deinosuchus, and then using it as a diorama subject. But I am guessing the snout is wrong for a Deinosuchus :( He is 20 inches long, btw.

Here's the master sculpt: http://revenant-99.deviantart.com/art/Nile-Crocodile-sculpt-alternate-view-367431829

Blade-of-the-Moon

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: