You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

... it's gonna be beautiful :D!

sauroid

cant wait to see that fully painted and assembled postsaurischian.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

Lucky :) Who are you going to send it to for assembly?

postsaurischian

I guess Martin is the right man :). He loves spinosaurids, Baryonyx is his favourite Dinosaur.

FUTABA

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 25, 2014, 03:22:09 PM
I finally received my Service Games Tyrannosaurus rex >:D

Here he is with a SEGA relative (?) ;D

There are a couple of paint scuffs, and he is missing a finger.

However, I will probably repair it. Or tweak it with putty to make it look like a battle injury, ala Stumpy from Dinosaur Revolution? >:D

Finally, I'm glad to own a Shinzen sculpt :)

Nice. I like the musculature on this. Is it hollow?
I really really like blue things.

tyrantqueen

QuoteNice. I like the musculature on this. Is it hollow?
Yup :)

FUTABA

Quote from: Ikessauro on February 25, 2014, 03:23:31 PM
Archaeopteryx day!!!  ;D

Did you repaint the Bullyland one yourself or is it just a different version?

And the Papo is one ugly bird but in a cute / ugly way I suppose. Still won't put me off getting one. Is the blue section on the back of neck supposed to be a feathery covering or is it scales? I'm pretty sure I see blue scales on the face but it's not clear around the neck region.

FUTABA

Quote from: Megalosaurus on February 25, 2014, 10:54:09 PM
Quote from: FUTABA on February 19, 2014, 11:51:04 PM
[...]
And last but not least - A  rubber chicken...
[...]

...That poops an egg.

Oh man! That hurts!  :o
Nice adquisitions.

Poor little chicken had a bit of trouble laying, so my friend decided to give a helping hand (although she'd misplaced the forceps). Almost had to have a C-section. Unfortunately the shell is still up inside her.

tyrantqueen

QuoteDid you repaint the Bullyland one yourself or is it just a different version?
It's an alternate colour scheme. Bullyland released two versions, one blue and one green.

Ikessauro

Quote from: FUTABA on February 27, 2014, 04:54:17 PM
Did you repaint the Bullyland one yourself or is it just a different version?

And the Papo is one ugly bird but in a cute / ugly way I suppose. Still won't put me off getting one. Is the blue section on the back of neck supposed to be a feathery covering or is it scales? I'm pretty sure I see blue scales on the face but it's not clear around the neck region.

That Bully Archaeopteryx is a variant. I guess the green is rarer than the blue. Got it pretty cheap, lucky me I guess, it was less than 15 bucks including shipping. The neck on Papo's model is feathered, just the face, feet and fingers are scaly. The throat shows some skin wrinkles.

FUTABA

It must be a bit rarer than the blue one as I don't think I've seen the green version before. It's a nice colour scheme, probably more realistic in fairness (although I prefer the blue overall because I'm biased ::) ). I think my blue variant cost about £15 with shipping so you certainly got yourself a bargain. I'll have to keep a look out for the alternate one though. It could be a female for my little guy.

And I'm glad the Papo one has a feathered neck. The head would look really out of place otherwise without the feathered neck to blend it somewhat.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Someone's going to repaint the head/neck on the Arche to match the body eventually..then I'm sure it will impress !

Roselaar

Got this in the mail today:

Wonderful figure!

Ikessauro

postsaurischian

Quote from: FUTABA on February 27, 2014, 07:14:42 PM
It must be a bit rarer than the blue one as I don't think I've seen the green version before. It's a nice colour scheme, probably more realistic in fairness (although I prefer the blue overall because I'm biased ::) ). I think my blue variant cost about £15 with shipping so you certainly got yourself a bargain. I'll have to keep a look out for the alternate one though. It could be a female for my little guy.

http://www.urzeitshop.de/Dinosaurier-Spielzeug/Bullyland/Archaeopteryx-Dinosaurier-Spielzeug-von-Bullyland.html

http://www.sandspielfiguren.de/index.php?main_page=product_sandspielfigur_info&cPath=2_62&products_id=2117

Quote from: Ikessauro on February 27, 2014, 08:17:44 PM
:o I want one!!!

Don't you get one from Libraraptor ????

SBell

And I'm glad the Papo one has a feathered neck. The head would look really out of place otherwise without the feathered neck to blend it somewhat.

The blue was the original version; I think the green was released a year or two later. Being Bullyland, it didn't get much attention or distribution.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I heard the green was more rare. I picked up the blue version myself..the only Archeopteryx figure I own for now.

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 28, 2014, 01:31:06 AM
I heard the green was more rare. I picked up the blue version myself..the only Archeopteryx figure I own for now.

It didn't get much exposure--the blue one was a museum commission from Belgium. The green was a later repaint, and I think it was retired soon after (maybe the museum only ordered so many in blue, and the remainder was painted differently--and were retired after selling out).

Ikessauro

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 27, 2014, 08:27:41 PM

http://www.urzeitshop.de/Dinosaurier-Spielzeug/Bullyland/Archaeopteryx-Dinosaurier-Spielzeug-von-Bullyland.html

http://www.sandspielfiguren.de/index.php?main_page=product_sandspielfigur_info&cPath=2_62&products_id=2117

Quote from: Ikessauro on February 27, 2014, 08:17:44 PM
:o I want one!!!

Don't you get one from Libraraptor ????

Nope. :(

verinnius

Quote from: Roselaar on February 27, 2014, 08:09:37 PM
Got this in the mail today:

Wonderful figure!

Very nice! I love the footprints in the base.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: