You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Quote from: FUTABA on March 10, 2014, 08:17:37 PM
For some reason I've always wanted the Schleich Kronosaurus, regardless of the fact it looks like a dog's tongue. It has a sort of pathetic quality that makes it adorable.

Well said and too true. :) I hope to find this figure the same way I found most of my older Schleichs: for cheap on a flea market. It just isn't as good as the Shonisaurus or the Elasmosaurus to spend more money on, but it does have a certain undeniable appeal.

FUTABA

I've seen it around on Ebay but it's always about £30 and I'm not willing to go that far.
Shonisaurus is another one I'd really like to get my hands on. For some reason I'm not overly fussed about the Elasmosaurus (I usually go crazy for plesiosaurs). It doesn't look all that detailed, but maybe it's just because I haven't seen it in person and the subtleties are missed (I hope). Also I feel Elasmosaurus is an all too common genus to use for figures and I'd be more forgiving of the lack of detail if it was a more interesting genus, as is the case with the CollectA Attenborosaurus. It's a bit drab but all in all it's a more obscure animal which stirs up my curiosity more. I just feel that I already have a billion and one Elasmosauruseseseses and another one won't make much of an impact on my collection. That's probably why it took me so long to get the 2013 Safari Elasmosaurus after eyeing it up for so long, although I'm glad I did.
I really really like blue things.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: FUTABA on March 10, 2014, 01:30:20 AM
I'd never seen those in triple packs before, except for the Pachys. And I'd also never seen the ones with bases before. Didn't know they existed. Where did you get them?

Got them from ebay. Not sure what the story is behind the ones with bases, but here is a better photo of it. Also, the parkosaurus arrived ^-^

SBell

Quote from: Bokisaurus on March 11, 2014, 01:06:02 AM
Quote from: FUTABA on March 10, 2014, 01:30:20 AM
I'd never seen those in triple packs before, except for the Pachys. And I'd also never seen the ones with bases before. Didn't know they existed. Where did you get them?

Got them from ebay. Not sure what the story is behind the ones with bases, but here is a better photo of it. Also, the parkosaurus arrived ^-^

They were giveaways with movie drinks at some theatres.

FUTABA

I'll have to keep a look out for those, they're really nice. (And I'm glad the Parkosaurus arrived. He looks so vain with his posture :P ) And I wish they'd have given them out in cinemas where I live.  ::)
I really really like blue things.

Gwangi

Quote from: Roselaar on March 10, 2014, 08:42:52 PM
Quote from: FUTABA on March 10, 2014, 08:17:37 PM
For some reason I've always wanted the Schleich Kronosaurus, regardless of the fact it looks like a dog's tongue. It has a sort of pathetic quality that makes it adorable.

Well said and too true. :) I hope to find this figure the same way I found most of my older Schleichs: for cheap on a flea market. It just isn't as good as the Shonisaurus or the Elasmosaurus to spend more money on, but it does have a certain undeniable appeal.

I really want the Shonisaurus but I think that one might take some more time to acquire. I've always liked this Kronosaurus too but I'm not sure what it is about it. Not very pretty or accurate but it is certainly a unique piece. I paid $35 for it with free shipping. I don't know if that is the normal price range for them but I know I've seen them go for more.

Ikessauro

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Blade-of-the-Moon

Ikessauro

Thanks guys. Now I've gotta find that rarer T.rex version and the Green Triceratops from the Capsule Q Museum sets to get them complete...

Ridureyu

I got the CollectA-brand Kosmoceratops - you know, the one that has like fifteen horns on its head crest, so therefore it is "The Horniest Animal in the World."

So yes, it's a cool dinosaur with a cool head.  However, I really have to question the extensive nature of CollectA's dedication to producing zoologically-accurate models

OH COME ON, WAS THAT REALLY NECESSARY?

tyrantqueen

QuoteOH COME ON, WAS THAT REALLY NECESSARY?
Apparently some people think it is. CollectA are far from the only company that does it. Safari does too, as well as many artist produced resin kits.

You have seen the CollectA Megacerops, right?

CityRaptor

It's quite common among European companies, atleast as far as mammals go. Still remmeber the shocked reaction of a woman lifting up an AAA Entelodont at Dinopark Münchehagen.
And to be fair, it makes them more accurate.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Ridureyu

I was referring more to painting it brown than sculpting it.

Sculpting it is just fine, a lot of my dinosaurs have that going on :P

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Ridureyu on March 12, 2014, 09:32:03 PM
I was referring more to painting it brown than sculpting it.

Sculpting it is just fine, a lot of my dinosaurs have that going on :P
Well...it is perfectly natural process :-X Maybe it has dysentery or something.

Ridureyu

At least it's not as awkward as saying, "This is the Vagaceratops NO IT DOESN'T MEAN THAT STOP IT."

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Ridureyu on March 12, 2014, 10:03:56 PM
At least it's not as awkward as saying, "This is the Vagaceratops NO IT DOESN'T MEAN THAT STOP IT."

I don't think the name is pronounced that way, more like : Vah-gah-sera-tops ?

Ridureyu

It's pronounced like "Vagrant," actually.  Same root word.

amargasaurus cazaui

Alright move over...coming through.....watch out for that tree !!! These are the 1/72 test prints of Gorgonzola's Amargasaurus models, or at least three poses I chose. The base and colors are Martin's of course, and I am always amazed at his work on such small models. Love this little piece and to consider it is smaller than a dollar bill.

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wow, he did an awesome job !

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: