You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on March 14, 2014, 03:37:55 PM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on March 14, 2014, 01:50:51 AM
Tooth on the far left is a Giganotosaurus tooth.
No, it's not. A Giga tooth would be 8 in. long, and not have that black color.

Are you looking to the right ? I think that's a Gorgosaur or Albertosaurus tooth.  If your looking all the way to the left that's the Oviraptor egg.

This is the pic I found of the Giga tooth and it seems to match up :

SBell

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on March 14, 2014, 03:37:55 PM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on March 14, 2014, 01:50:51 AM
Tooth on the far left is a Giganotosaurus tooth.
No, it's not. A Giga tooth would be 8 in. long, and not have that black color.

I wouldn't go by colour. In a real fossil, that can be extremely variable. In a cast, it is up to the painter.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Aha. Blade-thanks. I was confused as to exactly what tooth Yutyrannus was talking about!
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on March 15, 2014, 04:17:20 AM
Aha. Blade-thanks. I was confused as to exactly what tooth Yutyrannus was talking about!

Not a problem,  I thought that was the case. :)

Ridureyu

About a year ago, we had Predasaurs in stores - those dino hybrid figures.  But we only got series one.  The line is up to series 3, which mutates dinosaurs with sea creatures... I just got some of Series 2, which combines them with scorpions, beetles, and mantises!  WE MISSED OUT ON THESE STATESIDE.

Also, they come with lots of weapons and armor pieces.

EmperorDinobot

I got a Resaurus Carnage Tyrannosaurus with base missing the iron stand, and a Giganotosaurus of the same line, as well as a JPIII Posable raptor somewhat worn.

The Carnage T.rex is ON SALE. The Giga...is not. What a beautiful dinosaur. I will take good care of it.

The Posable raptor is also on sale.

More dinosaurs were acquired but some of them are part of a secret project and I don't wanna encourage anyone to go after them. Will reveal them once my collection is sizable enough.

Jetoar

These are the books than I bought two weeks ago  ^-^.

An these are my acquistions of yesterday  ^-^.

with a good price  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Roselaar

Nice books! I really ought to get a copy of Dinosaur Art for myself.

alexeratops

Quote from: Roselaar on March 16, 2014, 08:59:06 PM
Nice books! I really ought to get a copy of Dinosaur Art for myself.
Yes, you really should, this book helped me a lot in my school art contest (I'll explain later)!
like a bantha!

Bokisaurus

Favorite Soft model Tamba sauropod arrived and joined the herd! ;D Got it from my source in Japan who was nice enough to get it for me :)

more pics in my sauropod and Favorite threads.

and a Kaiyodo AquaLand Angel shark resin figure

Love the prehistoric look of this fish ^-^ and yes, the base is made to look like a shell ;D

SBell

Nice catches Boki--any chance your source knows of an Aqualand Silver Arowana? And will this source be able to hunt down, say, upcoming Aquatales resin figures? ;)

And I'm pretty sure the angel shark is actually a shark ray, Rhina ancyclostoma. That's a fish frequently made by Japanese companies (plus, oddly, Safari Ltd).

Jetoar

Thanks friend, they are an awesome books  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

postsaurischian

Quote from: Bokisaurus on March 16, 2014, 10:49:54 PM
Favorite Soft model Tamba sauropod arrived and joined the herd! ;D Got it from my source in Japan who was nice enough to get it for me :)

^-^ My Tamba also arrived today. Lovely figure. Now I'm hoping for the next Favorite Tokugawa model. The three already make a nice little series.

:o Also got the new CollectA Carcharodontosaurus and this might sound a bit euphoric, but well ... I am :)!

It's the .......

....... best figure CollectA has ever produced.
....... most perfect balancing of a non-Krentz model I've ever seen. I mean it's standing perfectly - no tripod, no "clown-feet"(sorry ;D), no arm trick - just perfect balancing. I even gave the table it's standing on a kick and it's shaking but not falling over :D, because ...
....... best material ever used for a toy figure. It feels like a mixture of vinyl and resin, especially on the legs and tail. Both are non- flexible. The figure is pretty light for its size, which is also important for standing perfectly even when the temperature rises up in a few months :).

With this release CollectA has clearly surpassed Safari this year in the category 'Theropods'.

Paleontologists will find flaws but WOW! - it's a wonderful figure :) :D. I love it and ....... pictures tomorrow ;D.

Chad

YES! Just in time for my birthday! Thanks to the seller who was incredibly gracious.

John

" :o Also got the new CollectA Carcharodontosaurus and this might sound a bit euphoric, but well ... I am :)!
It's the .......
Paleontologists will find flaws but WOW! - it's a wonderful figure :) :D. I love it and ....... pictures tomorrow ;D. "

The only flaw that I can see in that model is that the claws on it's feet are too big,so far as to take up almost all of it's toes (it's nothing that can't be fixed with modelling putty)! Everything else looks spot on to me though,especially the head. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Takama

Quote from: John on March 19, 2014, 10:41:38 PM
" :o Also got the new CollectA Carcharodontosaurus and this might sound a bit euphoric, but well ... I am :)!
It's the .......
Paleontologists will find flaws but WOW! - it's a wonderful figure :) :D. I love it and ....... pictures tomorrow ;D. "

The only flaw that I can see in that model is that the claws on it's feet are too big,so far as to take up almost all of it's toes (it's nothing that can't be fixed with modelling putty)! Everything else looks spot on to me though,especially the head. :)

I believe the claws are so big so the model CAN STAND. 

John

Quote from: Takama on March 19, 2014, 10:58:33 PM
Quote from: John on March 19, 2014, 10:41:38 PM
It's the .......

I believe the claws are so big so the model CAN STAND.
Don't get me wrong,I still think it's one of the best models to come out this year,and by far the best Carcharodontosaurus that I've seen from any line yet.As for balance issues,one good thing about CollectA is they are not averse to using molded bases on bipeds,so maybe they could have future additions of the Carcharodontosaurus on a base,like they did with the rex with the ostrich dinosaur in it's mouth. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Takama

Sorry I meant to put a  ;D after stand. Im Not upset

John

Quote from: Takama on March 19, 2014, 11:34:03 PM
Sorry I meant to put a  ;D after stand. Im Not upset
That's good to hear. :)
Really,I can see why that Carcharodontosaurus is so popular.If I saw it in a shop,I would not hesitate to pick it up myself.
And another I'm really looking forward to from that line is the Mosasaurus!.It's like I'm a kid again with all these new things coming out from all these lines. :)

Bokisaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 19, 2014, 09:40:18 PM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on March 16, 2014, 10:49:54 PM

^-^ My Tamba also arrived today. Lovely figure. Now I'm hoping for the next Favorite Tokugawa model. The three already make a nice little series.

:o Also got the new CollectA Carcharodontosaurus and this might sound a bit euphoric, but well ... I am :)!

It's the .......

....... most perfect balancing of a non-Krentz model I've ever seen. I mean it's standing perfectly - no tripod, no "clown-feet"(sorry ;D), no arm trick - just perfect balancing. I even gave the table it's standing on a kick and it's shaking but not falling over :D, because ...
....... best material ever used for a toy figure. It feels like a mixture of vinyl and resin, especially on the legs and tail. Both are non- flexible. The figure is pretty light for its size, which is also important for standing perfectly even when the temperature rises up in a few months :).

With this release CollectA has clearly surpassed Safari this year in the category 'Theropods'.

Paleontologists will find flaws but WOW! - it's a wonderful figure :) :D. I love it and ....... pictures tomorrow ;D.

It definitely is a treasure, hope Favorite keep it up with new species moving forward :)
Can't wait to see photos of your new CollectA, sounds like a real winner :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: