You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

docronnie

Congrats Jetoar! Excellent acquisitions!  :)

BTW the base of the Acro has also a different color.  Somebody pmed me a tip as to what it is.  Will try to search more.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

tyrantqueen

I got the latest PT- issue #109. This was the first issue in a while that I was excited about. Great looking cover and the Shane Foulkes interview was excellent.

Zhuchengotyrant

-Zhuchengotyrant

Pachyrhinosaurus

Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Jetoar

Quote from: docronnie on April 15, 2014, 01:18:14 PM
Congrats Jetoar! Excellent acquisitions!  :)

BTW the base of the Acro has also a different color.  Somebody pmed me a tip as to what it is.  Will try to search more.

You are welcome friend  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Pachyrhinosaurus

Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 15, 2014, 02:48:27 PM
I got the latest PT- issue #109. This was the first issue in a while that I was excited about. Great looking cover and the Shane Foulkes interview was excellent.

I received mine the other day, but haven't had a chance to sit down and read it yet...cover pic does look awesome !  Maybe one day they'll ask me ? lol

Doug Watson

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 16, 2014, 02:15:58 AM

I received mine the other day, but haven't had a chance to sit down and read it yet...cover pic does look awesome !  Maybe one day they'll ask me ? lol

Hey Blade,
Don't wait to be asked just write up a story about your park with a history of you and your park, why you do it and how, make it detailed with great photos and submit it. I think it would make a great story especially since you don't do it for profit. I have had two stories published, one when I built two life-size flying Pteranodon for the Canadian Museum of Nature and another when I did a restoration of the holotype skull of Vagaceratops irvinensis for the same museum. On the "From the Editor" page under "Artists" Mike tells you how to submit and the format for images. No guarantee he will publish it but it is worth a shot. Doug

docronnie

Quote from: Doug Watson on April 16, 2014, 01:53:40 PM

Hey Blade,
Don't wait to be asked just write up a story about your park with a history of you and your park, why you do it and how, make it detailed with great photos and submit it. I think it would make a great story especially since you don't do it for profit. I have had two stories published, one when I built two life-size flying Pteranodon for the Canadian Museum of Nature and another when I did a restoration of the holotype skull of Vagaceratops irvinensis for the same museum. On the "From the Editor" page under "Artists" Mike tells you how to submit and the format for images. No guarantee he will publish it but it is worth a shot. Doug

I agree!  :)

Congrats TQ and Pachyrhino! :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Doug Watson on April 16, 2014, 01:53:40 PM

Hey Blade,

Hmmm..good point.  I''m not a serious writer or anything but I might give it a go.. just gotta find the time. heh Any pointers are welcome .   I have done a couple interviews and wrote one bit ( local news, Jersey Boys Hunt Dinosaurs and a spot on RoadsideAmerica.com ) You can see links to em' all here : http://thefunhouse.wix.com/backyard-terrors-#!links/cg1k

I recall reading the pteranodon article..it was very inspiring !  I love looking at others 1:1 prehistoric life restorations. 

It would be awesome to be in my favorite magazine..we go back to issue #13 together..lol

Doug Watson

Hmmm..good point.  I''m not a serious writer or anything but I might give it a go.. just gotta find the time. heh Any pointers are welcome .   I have done a couple interviews and wrote one bit ( local news, Jersey Boys Hunt Dinosaurs and a spot on RoadsideAmerica.com ) You can see links to em' all here : http://thefunhouse.wix.com/backyard-terrors-#!links/cg1k

I recall reading the pteranodon article..it was very inspiring !  I love looking at others 1:1 prehistoric life restorations. 

It would be awesome to be in my favorite magazine..we go back to issue #13 together..lol
[/quote]
Just read the two articles, I don't think you need any tips from me other than hit the 5 Ws and delve into the history and your vision for the park. I think most readers would be fascinated to learn how you make them. One key is to get good clear shots.
I also watched your channel 5 clip, I love the accent (I know, what accent?) Doug

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Doug Watson on April 16, 2014, 06:22:25 PM

Just read the two articles, I don't think you need any tips from me other than hit the 5 Ws and delve into the history and your vision for the park. I think most readers would be fascinated to learn how you make them. One key is to get good clear shots.
I also watched your channel 5 clip, I love the accent (I know, what accent?) Doug
[/quote]

Cool. I have a lot of pics, some are professionally done. Pics of my process might be muddled though.  How long is too long you think ? I suppose Mike could edit down if needed ?

lol oh i know. If you go a couple states over , it changes again..funny looks all around.. heh heh

Doug Watson

Cool. I have a lot of pics, some are professionally done. Pics of my process might be muddled though.  How long is too long you think ? I suppose Mike could edit down if needed ?

lol oh i know. If you go a couple states over , it changes again..funny looks all around.. heh heh
[/quote]
The Pteranodon article in # 37 took up two pages with photos and the Vagaceratops article in # 57 took up a little more than one and a half pages with images. I don't think he edited the text but I think he may have dropped some of the shots from the Pteranodon story. You can also see the articles on my website http://www.magma.ca/~watsondn/ if you want to count the words.

Speaking of accents at one time I had living relatives from Yorkshire and Liverpool in the UK, South Carolina, Florida, Quebec French and the Ottawa Valley English so it was a real potpourri of accents when we all got together.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I was going to ask which issues they were so I could re-read them. lol no need to count, if it's too long maybe I'll get a two-parter ? lol

Whew ! Man I bet !  Probably felt like an international convention ! :)

Sauropodlet

CollectA 2014

Carcharodontosaurus 1:40
Quetzalcoatlus
Dead Steg
Ichthyovenator

Collecta 2013

Daspletosaurus plotzing

I'll be working my way back through CollectA and WS releases since 2010, there are a few more I really want, but the allure of the very, very new made me quite happy to pick up some fresh new ones!

EmperorDinobot

Is there a company out there that makes models of prehistoric primates? I don't mean the usual things we're accustomed to like australopiths and gigantopithecus or other extant forms, but extinct forms such as Teilhardina or Darwinius and stuff like that?
[/quote]

I don't think so.  Figures of mammals from the Early Eocene are rare.  Darwinius would be great in a 1/1 scale as it weighed less then 2 pounds. Teilhardina at an ounce would make a great dinotails figure.
[/quote]

Tetonius and Henkelotherium were part of the NHK set by Yujin, and the former is a Paleogene primate. Sadly, it was one of the few not re-released with the gashapon version.

REALLY?! Tetonius? WOW! I must acquire!

Because *ahem* I accept...I accept mammals now...

Anywho... That does not mean this is no longer a vice:

Presenting my newest acquisitions!

SBell

Yes its true, it looks like this:

But it can be harder to come by--like the Cambrian and Vendian figures, it wasn't re-released.

DinoLord

After years of searching....

He came with a little friend:

Here they are with some more friends:

Now I'm only three away from completing the collection...  ???

sauroid

Quote from: DinoLord on April 17, 2014, 04:14:00 PM
After years of searching....

He came with a little friend:

Here they are with some more friends:

Now I'm only three away from completing the collection...  ???
no images...  :'(
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: