News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Two books, coincidentally both have the same name.

Both have wonderful illustrations, but I really love the feathered velociraptor in the AMNH book.

Hynerpeton

Quote from: Roselaar on June 11, 2014, 10:59:18 PM
Quote from: predino on June 11, 2014, 10:22:47 PM
I got these. :) who makes the Dino on the right?

http://i60.tinypic.com/2nk30as.jpg

Chap Mei. It belongs to their old Dino Quest line. Not their best figure. They got better when they made their various Dino Valley lines.

Thanks. :) dont have a Dilophosaurus like that showing its frills. Not sure what to call it. Not bad for 5$.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Gwangi

Cool books TQ, that second one looks like it has some really good illustrations. Is that supposed to be Tyrannosaurus on the cover? Interesting take if so.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Gwangi on June 11, 2014, 11:36:38 PM
Cool books TQ, that second one looks like it has some really good illustrations. Is that supposed to be Tyrannosaurus on the cover? Interesting take if so.
I think so :)

sauroid

the AMNH book looks cool.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

docronnie

Beautiful books,  TQ! Congrats!
Excellent hauls everyone!

Got a Sega Tyrannosaurus, my first Bullyland Parasaurolophus and this one:

Favorite Desktop Model Parasaurolophus

TFL! 😃
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Roselaar

These arrived today:

Very cute (and rather big!) Playskool Definitely Dinosaurs figures, and a nice boost to my still small but finally growing Battat collection: one regular figure, four minis. Now for the rest of them. That's gonna take a while...  ::)

Hynerpeton

Raptor is cute. How big?
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

sauroid

congrats on the Battats Roselaar.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Libraraptor

Quote from: sauroid on June 12, 2014, 05:35:30 AM

A very nice Velociraptor, probably quite close to what it really looked like and not the too spectacular approach.

Patrx

Quote from: Libraraptor on June 13, 2014, 02:17:53 PM
A very nice Velociraptor, probably quite close to what it really looked like and not the too spectacular approach.

Indeed! It's great to see that in an actual book, especially a kids' book. Though there appears to be a featherless version on the page opposite for some reason. Maybe it's about how our perceptions have changed over time?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Patrx on June 13, 2014, 03:23:42 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on June 13, 2014, 02:17:53 PM

Indeed! It's great to see that in an actual book, especially a kids' book. Though there appears to be a featherless version on the page opposite for some reason. Maybe it's about how our perceptions have changed over time?
Bingo >:D

Roselaar

Quote from: predino on June 13, 2014, 05:13:01 AM
Raptor is cute. How big?

About as big as on the picture (when in full size).

docronnie

Congrats Roselaar on your cool acquisitions!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Hynerpeton

Dino and pre Dino from everything dinosaur. :) also a puzzle book. If anyone want pics let me know i will post. :)
Walking With Monsers:

sauroid

Quote from: predino on June 14, 2014, 05:36:34 AM
Dino and pre Dino from everything dinosaur. :) also a puzzle book. If anyone want pics let me know i will post. :)
yep would be interested to see your new ones.

Hynerpeton

Quote from: sauroid on June 14, 2014, 05:54:23 AM
Quote from: predino on June 14, 2014, 05:36:34 AM
yep would be interested to see your new ones.

Shall post whenever i take the pics off my camera.
Walking With Monsers:

therizinosaurus

Not a recent acquisition per se, but I just found these in a box of old stuff. I used to really really like carnegies haha

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:

SBell

Quote from: predino on June 16, 2014, 01:07:26 AM
Are they tags?

Those are little booklets that they used to make for the individual lines to put with the Mountain displays (like the Monterey Bay and Smithsonian Insects as well). Now they just do a larger booklet for the entire Safari line.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: