News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Quote from: predino on July 01, 2014, 09:16:28 PM
Nice. How much was the raptor?

12.50 pounds. Which is about 15.70 euros or 21.50 dollars. Certainly not bad considering how sought after its little friend/snack usually is.

Hynerpeton

Quote from: Roselaar on July 01, 2014, 10:37:54 PM
Quote from: predino on July 01, 2014, 09:16:28 PM
Nice. How much was the raptor?

12.50 pounds. Which is about 15.70 euros or 21.50 dollars. Certainly not bad considering how sought after its little friend/snack usually is.

So $21.50 us money right? And ebay?
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

EmperorDinobot

Oh that Kaiyodo Seismosaurus is very nice figure. I got the dark grey one.

SBell

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on July 02, 2014, 01:52:40 AM

It's Kabaya, not Kaiyodo.

sauroid

very cool Roselaar. (i guess i would have to delete the WWD babies from my want list)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: SBell on July 02, 2014, 02:20:17 AM

Thanks for the correction. I wanted to say Kabaya, but came out Kaiyodo. Better than Kinto!

Speaking of which, I'm looking for the Kinto Spinosaurus...again...I never seem to go ahead with it. Where is the cheapest I can find it at?

Gwangi

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on July 02, 2014, 08:35:09 AM
Quote from: SBell on July 02, 2014, 02:20:17 AM

Thanks for the correction. I wanted to say Kabaya, but came out Kaiyodo. Better than Kinto!

Speaking of which, I'm looking for the Kinto Spinosaurus...again...I never seem to go ahead with it. Where is the cheapest I can find it at?

The orange one? Dejankins has it for $13.50.
http://www.dejankins.com/kinto-favorite-collection/

Roselaar

Quote from: sauroid on July 02, 2014, 06:56:29 AM
very cool Roselaar. (i guess i would have to delete the WWD babies from my want list)

Yeah, they're not much to look at. I only got them with the Raptor because I was outbid on the seller's other WWD figures and they didn't cost me much. And I was still curious about them, despite knowing what they were. You could settle for the regular Safari releases of these critters, which also aren't particularly appealing.

docronnie

Lovely haul, Roselaar! Congrats!  :)

Thanks EmperorDinobot!  I have not seen a grey one yet.  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

postsaurischian

Quote from: docronnie on July 02, 2014, 05:58:21 PM

Have you seen the special edition ;D?

postsaurischian

:D  Favorite Tamba sauropod repainted by copper!  (more pics later)

Invicta Hunter

That paint job looks very nice, better than the original.

CityRaptor

Well, the Tamba Sauropod does not have the most interesting paintjob, so being better is not that hard if professionally done.
This however looks beautiful!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Ridureyu

I got the new CollectA Xenoceratops:

I love it when these companies use dinosaurs as an artistic canvas.

docronnie

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 02, 2014, 07:42:35 PM
Quote from: docronnie on July 02, 2014, 05:58:21 PM

Have you seen the special edition ;D?

Not physically, maybe in photos. But I have a hunch that I'll see one in the future, since I have a Spinosaurus and a Triceratops.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Gwangi

Picked this up at a local used book store.

The dinosaurs aren't worth getting this book for, other books have tackled them way better and the book is dated, published in 1998. What makes the book unique is the wide coverage of other prehistoric animals which are rarely tackled. Fishes, amphibians, mammals and other synapsids, archosaurs, lepidosaurus...lots of coverage. Far from a complete encyclopedia mind you but better than most.

Hynerpeton

Quote from: Gwangi on July 03, 2014, 10:10:05 PM
Picked this up at a local used book store.

The dinosaurs aren't worth getting this book for, other books have tackled them way better and the book is dated, published in 1998. What makes the book unique is the wide coverage of other prehistoric animals which are rarely tackled. Fishes, amphibians, mammals and other synapsids, archosaurs, lepidosaurus...lots of coverage. Far from a complete encyclopedia mind you but better than most.

Looks cool. Got any pics of the inside of it? :)

I got a 1960's dimetrodon in white. And not a Dino but a 1960's clown from ka boom cereal bowl hanger. :D
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

thunderlizard?

That giganotosaurus looks great.  What is it?  That's not a resin is it?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: thunderlizard? on July 06, 2014, 07:10:59 PM
That giganotosaurus looks great.  What is it?  That's not a resin is it?
What Giganotosaurus are you talking about...?

Gwangi

Are you talking about the CollectA Carcharodontosaurus on page 217?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: