News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

This entire big lot I bought for just one figure. Easy to guess which one I suppose:

Nevertheless, it yielded two nice surprises, both seen in front of the Mamenchisaurus. A small WWD T-Rex from the rare Quick restaurants line (no base) and a curious, delightfully retro green Iguanodon of unknown origin (labeled as 'Iguadonon' on its tail). Anybody know more about the latter?

stoneage

Quote from: Roselaar on July 13, 2014, 10:07:27 PM
This entire big lot I bought for just one figure. Easy to guess which one I suppose:

Nevertheless, it yielded two nice surprises, both seen in front of the Mamenchisaurus. A small WWD T-Rex from the rare Quick restaurants line (no base) and a curious, delightfully retro green Iguanodon of unknown origin (labeled as 'Iguadonon' on its tail). Anybody know more about the latter?

The WWD figure looks like the Allosaurus to me.

Gwangi

That white Styracosaurus looks interesting.

stargatedalek

I think its a "glow in the dark" material, unless you mean the Disney styracosaurus

Gwangi

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 13, 2014, 11:22:18 PM
I think its a "glow in the dark" material, unless you mean the Disney styracosaurus

Oh no, certainly not. I had a hard time even finding that one in the picture!

Roselaar

Quote from: Gwangi on July 14, 2014, 12:34:14 AM

I think it's a Waiphoon figure. There's also a non glow-in-the-dark version of that one in this lot... somewhere...

Stoneage, it does look a lot like the Allosaurus. It says T-Rex on its belly though. Maybe it was a mix-up, maybe it has something to do with the poorer overall quality compared to the ToyWay figures.

I think I had better post the 'Iguadonon' in the Identification Thread, I love it and I want to know more about it.

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on July 14, 2014, 12:43:07 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on July 14, 2014, 12:34:14 AM

I think it's a Waiphoon figure. There's also a non glow-in-the-dark version of that one in this lot... somewhere...

Stoneage, it does look a lot like the Allosaurus. It says T-Rex on its belly though. Maybe it was a mix-up, maybe it has something to do with the poorer overall quality compared to the ToyWay figures.

I think I had better post the 'Iguadonon' in the Identification Thread, I love it and I want to know more about it.

I have the complete one--it is definitely T.rex. The box/stand comes with a bunch of T.rex info, and a mini T.rex tooth replica.

stoneage

Can I see a close up picture of the T-rex? 

Roselaar

Quote from: stoneage on July 14, 2014, 03:22:51 PM
Can I see a close up picture of the T-rex?

Not my Rex, but I take it this suffices:

And here's the rest of the set:

stargatedalek

the rhamphorynchus would make a nice companion to the toyways figures

Ultimatedinoking

So. Many. Species.  :)
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Blade-of-the-Moon

If you want to clear out the chinasaurs I'd happy to take them as stock for our gift shop here.  It helps earn the park some additional funds for dinosaur projects and kids save up to come here to get a dino they've always wanted at a cheap price. :)

docronnie

What a huge lot! Congrats Roselaar!  :)

Here are what I got recently:

Bandai Dinosaur King Illustrated Book Lot

AAA's

JP's

Don't know what this is, specifically...

I also have a Tomy Deinonychus with missing arms ....

Carnegie's

Not Carnegie

Sega Dino King Figures (I'm lacking 1 figure, does anyone know what it is? TIA!)

TFL! :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Roselaar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 14, 2014, 06:47:55 PM

If you want to clear out the chinasaurs I'd happy to take them as stock for our gift shop here.  It helps earn the park some additional funds for dinosaur projects and kids save up to come here to get a dino they've always wanted at a cheap price. :)

Sorry, I'll hang onto most of these myself, while various others will soon find new young owners already.

Excellent catch, DC! Love the Segasaurs.

Ultimatedinoking

I used to have the Spinosaurus...
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

CityRaptor

Which one? The Safari one? I have several of it due to it being in several toobs I own. Sue & her friends, Dinos Toob, Dino Mega Toob...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 14, 2014, 11:56:02 PM
Which one? The Safari one? I have several of it due to it being in several toobs I own. Sue & her friends, Dinos Toob, Dino Mega Toob...

The rubbery yellow one. What's a "toob"?
-UDK

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on July 15, 2014, 05:57:23 PM

It's a word Safari uses. It is, as the name suggests, a plastic tube containing several small figures.

Here is an example:

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 15, 2014, 05:59:19 PM

It's a word Safari uses. It is, as the name suggests, a plastic tube containing several small figures.

Here is an example:

Oh, I've seen those before, back at Meijer before it closed down, it might have been from one of them, I found it at a garage sale in a bag of lots of creatures.
-UDK

SBell

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on July 15, 2014, 06:05:07 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 15, 2014, 05:59:19 PM

Here is an example:

Oh, I've seen those before, back at Meijer before it closed down, it might have been from one of them, I found it at a garage sale in a bag of lots of creatures.

Not 'might'. It is definitely one, although recently Safari has taken to re-releasing them as 'babies' in the main line, or in the eggs. Same figure though.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: